BWL and patch 1.6 release

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: BWL and patch 1.6 release

by Imbaslap » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:07 pm

Aslan wrote:
Imbaslap wrote:sooo why again do we have updated blue pvp gear and AB rewards before 1.7 patch?

AB before 1.7 odesnt make any sense.

Updated R10 gear before patch 1.11(!) however is a great way to balance pve and pvp itemisation.

i know right.. lets not follow our initial item patch timeline...
lets just release everything already while you're at it Nost devs. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Snautz » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:21 am

I disagree with the decision to release AB items a patch too early, but it's only one patch, so I remain unfazed.

However, updating the blue pvp gear 5 patches too early (9 months too early according to your new timeline) is a very questionable decision in my opinion.

But not updating epic gear at the same time as the blue gear means the blue gear is currently better, which makes absolutely no sense at all.
To me this defies any type of logic, even the flawed logic I'm assuming nost went with when they made this decision.
Snautz
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:23 am

Imbaheals
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Snautz » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:40 am

Imbaslap wrote:
Snautz wrote:I disagree with the decision to release AB items a patch too early, but it's only one patch, so I remain unfazed.

However, updating the blue pvp gear 5 patches too early (9 months too early according to your new timeline) is a very questionable decision in my opinion.

But not updating epic gear at the same time as the blue gear means the blue gear is currently better, which makes absolutely no sense at all.
To me this defies any type of logic, even the flawed logic I'm assuming nost went with when they made this decision.

inb4 grizzly posts a "I told you so" reply. :?

Well at this point I'm inclined to agree with them, mainly because of the lack of common sense in this situation, but also because of some other bs I've experienced recently. :?
Snautz
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:50 am

Imbaheals
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by DrearyYew » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:20 am

To be fair, as far as the PvP gear update, the update came waaaaaaaaay too late back in retail. By the time the item update happened, the gear was already years behind other easily obtainable gear and raiding gear.

The logic behind updating the blue PvP set and not the epic set was that the blue set at current levels is slightly worse than that of raid gear, allowing players that don't raid to stay competitive in PvP. Updating the epic sets would give them an advantage over PvE players in PvE settings at this point. The unfortunate side effect of this is that in most cases, the R10 set is better than the R13 set.

As soon as PvE gear is stronger than the updated epic sets, they will update the epic sets.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Imbaslap » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:32 am

DrearyYew wrote:To be fair, as far as the PvP gear update, the update came waaaaaaaaay too late back in retail. By the time the item update happened, the gear was already years behind other easily obtainable gear and raiding gear.

The logic behind updating the blue PvP set and not the epic set was that the blue set at current levels is slightly worse than that of raid gear, allowing players that don't raid to stay competitive in PvP. Updating the epic sets would give them an advantage over PvE players in PvE settings at this point. The unfortunate side effect of this is that in most cases, the R10 set is better than the R13 set.

As soon as PvE gear is stronger than the updated epic sets, they will update the epic sets.

still not blizzlike and still not in line with how patches were released or with their intended progression of the server....
release it all or don't. you cant be selective because pvpers suck and need rank gear to help them once bwl came out.

Meanwhile, GM resetting Nefarian for one guild so they can progress but ignore other guilds that were stuck on that same bug for over 3 days with no response.. same when bosses got deleted with no loot or chance to retry. sands being deleted by server dumps and forcing guilds to kill chromaggus more than once without sands.
must be nice...
Imbaheals
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Snautz » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:33 am

DrearyYew wrote:To be fair, as far as the PvP gear update, the update came waaaaaaaaay too late back in retail. By the time the item update happened, the gear was already years behind other easily obtainable gear and raiding gear.

Going by that logic why haven't caster loot been updated to their 1.12 stats yet, so casters can atleast be close to competitive with melee dps in raids? Their updates also came waaay too late back in the days.
Blizzard was so bad at itemizing caster loot they had to redo it multiple times. The fact that Azuresong mageblade (the rarest caster wep in MC) had 1% crit as it's only stat at one point shows how bad it was, not to mention the fact that literally none of mages T1 items was BiS before BWLs release, and none of the mages t2 items are bis in BWL. only use mage tier 2 got in BWL is the 3 piece bonus on threat sensitive fights.

Vanilla had some odd and unfair itemizations, trying to balance it by releasing/reitemizing some gear prematurely just sheds light on all the other imbalances, which ultimately would lead to a completely different game if all of it was fixed. If people are looking for a completely balanced game, then they should go stack 15 boomkins somewhere else, because vanilla was never popular because of it's balance.
Last edited by Snautz on Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snautz
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Arton » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:49 am

Hell yeah... Devs what's going on? Following a Blizzlike's release timeline was one of Nostalrius' key feature.
I don't even have the epic PvP set, and still I disapprove with the blue set update, like many others stated previously. The AB rewards were already implemented one patch early.

Can you please inform us on what's the idea behind these changes? Could you reevaluate your current stance?

Thanks.
Arton
Tester

by slipry » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:58 am

grind r14 months and months ago
all gear is shit
weap is shit
dont use r14 weap for months

weap finally updated
1 week later back to wearing a bunch of blue shit gear and every1 who ranked to 13 ranked for nothing

nice
slipry
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements