Kryll

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Kryll

by Zan » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:47 pm

lookupnotdown wrote:
Pokeypointy wrote:I have no delay, maybe the problem is with your setup.

Tsutey wrote:Also. I've never had a delay issues. There must be something wrong with you setup if you're having this kind of issue.

Is this a meme now?

It already is.
Zan
Grunt
Grunt

by kindri » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:51 pm

So much for blizzlike :/
After talking to the NPC, it looks like some sort of scavenger hunt, wtf?
Twig of the World Tree seems like it would work for the wood from hyjal. I have no idea about the rocks from the dark portal though - maybe a perfect draenthyst sphere? I'm too lazy to farm one of those up and find out though.
kindri
Private
Private

by Pokeypointy » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:11 pm

kindri wrote:So much for blizzlike :/
Twig of the World Tree seems like it would work for the wood from hyjal. I have no idea about the rocks from the dark portal though - maybe a perfect draenthyst sphere? I'm too lazy to farm one of those up and find out though.

We don't know anything yet, it might be custom content or it might be some made up backstory for the pve server, it could be anything at this point really.
Viper wrote:Greetings, as stated earlier, transfer won't be possible.
Pokeypointy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by kindri » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:23 pm

Pokeypointy wrote:
kindri wrote:So much for blizzlike :/

We don't know anything yet, it might be custom content or it might be some made up backstory for the pve server, it could be anything at this point really.

Yeah I'm not sure what it is, but it seems odd that they've put an actual NPC in booty bay with instructions to bring him certain items. Even if it's not a real quest, this NPC was never in vanilla so it's some sort of weird custom content either way.
kindri
Private
Private

by Robotron » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:40 pm

Hey guys let's complain about something before we know what it is!
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Norjak » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:37 pm

Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Serendepitys » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:55 pm

http://i.imgur.com/f8MEmvG.png
the last 2 paragraphs of his text references the movie series Mission Impossible with Tom cruise
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission:_ ... _series%29

"Good morning, Mr. Hunt. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, involves the recovery of a stolen item designated "Chimera.""

"As always, should any member of your team be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow all knowledge of your actions. "
This is a quote from the 2nd movie and a similar line is used in the beginning of every single one when they are given the mission/task/plot of the movie.

Now, if someone with more time than me can connect the dots between one of the plots or something from one of these movies then maybe that could be what this is referencing
Serendepitys
Private
Private

by zadoose » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:07 pm

so you cant see what the image says? thats what i got
zadoose
Private
Private

by diogenes » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:13 pm

Keftenk wrote:Wasn't blizzlike to start with, no private server is.
This should be interesting at least. Keeping an opened mind!

People who say this kind of shit are being ridiculous. First because "blizzlike" does not mean "blizzidentical." Of course no private server is going to be identical to how retail was, but that doesn't mean that it isn't "blizzlike." Saying something is "like" something else does not mean it is idential; rather, it means that there are similarities, important similarities in trying to distinguish the different kinds of private servers available. That leads us to the second point. There is a fundamental difference between a "funserver" and a "blizzlike" server. So are you saying all private servers are "funservers"?

People who say this kind of thing are so incredibly ignorant in that their understanding of the meaning of what "blizzlike" means both literally and in the context of private servers is completely wrong.

Stop trying to sound like you're some sort of elitist that knows all the intricate details of the difference between retail vanilla and now. Sure there are always going to be something on nost that isn't "blizzlike" but that doesn't mean the server as a whole isn't blizzlike compared to the majority of private servers.

On the topic of the actual post, has anyone mentioned this wow wiki page? http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Kryll

Maybe this has something to do with the release of bwl and nefarion's relationship with neltharion/deathwing?
diogenes
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Diametra » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:48 am

People who say this kind of shit are being ridiculous
People who say this kind of thing are so incredibly ignorant
completely wrong
Stop trying to sound like you're some sort of elitist
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant