Kryll

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Kryll

by Oyani » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:55 pm

What's going on with this? I just saw someone running around with Goblins following them... she said they were her "mercs" and the event is started and Kryll is in Booty Bay... wtf? am i being trolled or has this started? and if so what is it?
Oyani
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Statikk » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:38 am

Ok, here is my new Kryll theory:

In an attempt to ease the load on the server the developers have found a way to host 1 continent per server (much like retail realms during Vanilla). However, they are not yet able to get boat travel between continents (servers) functioning. This is a way of addressing that temporarily (or possibly permanently).
Statikk
Grunt
Grunt

by Dirtyfoot » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:45 am

Seems legit
Dirtyfoot
Tester

by Tsutey » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:11 am

Statikk wrote:Ok, here is my new Kryll theory:

In an attempt to ease the load on the server the developers have found a way to host 1 continent per server (much like retail realms during Vanilla). However, they are not yet able to get boat travel between continents (servers) functioning. This is a way of addressing that temporarily (or possibly permanently).

Seems very legit. What you mean by host one Continent? Like world PvP between PvP and PVE realm ? Can you be more specific for those who dont know how it was back then in Vanilla?
Flammie <Voltaic> - alliance weekend raiding on Nostalrius PvE
Tsutey
Grunt
Grunt

by Kentamentiu » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:19 am

Tsutey wrote:

Seems very legit. What you mean by host one Continent? Like world PvP between PvP and PVE realm ? Can you be more specific for those who dont know how it was back then in Vanilla?

Kalimdor is a continent and Eastern Kingdoms is a continent. If both are hosted on separate servers, it means if one crashes, the other one stays online. That's all that is, nothing exotic.
Kentamentiu
Grunt
Grunt

by pmizz » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:21 am

Robotron wrote:Hey guys let's complain about something before we know what it is!

Agree, fuck this server for not being predictable and boring.
QG-Pmizzrym
SC2-Pmizz
ED-Gork,Pmizz
Nost-Pmizz<ThunderCats>
Kronos-Pmizzrym<TC>
pmizz
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Statikk » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:37 am

Kentamentiu wrote:
Tsutey wrote:

Kalimdor is a continent and Eastern Kingdoms is a continent. If both are hosted on separate servers, it means if one crashes, the other one stays online. That's all that is, nothing exotic.

Even more importantly...it would split the load between the 2 servers. Helping with lag, etc.
Statikk
Grunt
Grunt

by Oyani » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:46 am

You're just creating more and more rumors... why the hell would there be a quest involved in creating a teleportation tool that would be required to travel between worlds because they are about to ruin travel otherwise by putting each continent under separate servers? Do you think things through before you rumorcraft?

They're not going to create some random ass bullshit workaround just because they plan to ruin an important part of the game: World travel.

Still no one knows what they are doing and they won't explain it yet so let's just keep waiting and hope that they're not planning on destroying the game.
Oyani
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Statikk » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:59 am

Oyani wrote:You're just creating more and more rumors... why the hell would there be a quest involved in creating a teleportation tool that would be required to travel between worlds because they are about to ruin travel otherwise by putting each continent under separate servers? Do you think things through before you rumorcraft?

They're not going to create some random ass bullshit workaround just because they plan to ruin an important part of the game: World travel.

Still no one knows what they are doing and they won't explain it yet so let's just keep waiting and hope that they're not planning on destroying the game.

Stating that they're going to ruin world travel is a rumor. As you said I gave my theory. That's what cryptic half announcements like this are for...to get people talking about them. If you don't want to read other people's theories and opinions why read the thread?
Statikk
Grunt
Grunt

by Sayah » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:31 am

You say they're going to ruin world travel, but I remember Blizzard having a problem with boats, so they turned them off and they put 'harbour masters' on the end of each dock which teleported you to the end destination instantly. I guess they could do the same?

If it means they can split the load then it'll be good, but I would of thought PvP instances and PvE instances would be the highest load bearing content at the moment.
Sayah
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements