Nostalrius Begins PVE realm announcement

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Nostalrius Begins PVE realm announcement

by Robotron » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:34 pm

Imbaslap wrote:is it oct 17th yet so all these pve nerds stop reposting month old threads mentioning pve realm?
kkthx

They'll still do it even after the server's release.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Noselacri » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:39 pm

Orc_Hunter wrote:
Noselacri wrote:Having tried Project Stormrage, I can guarantee that it's no threat to Nostalrius PvE.

Same. I almost feel bad for that server, as its low population is gonna be even lower next week when Nos launches their new realm.

I'm astonished that it's that low. We're talking like 250 people logging in at the server's launch. I don't even understand that, I would think that hundreds of the people waiting for Nost would come dick around on Stormrage to pass the time. They even had thousands of people signed up for accounts over the course of the project's development. I have no idea what happened there.

Their server has a fair few bugs even at first glance, but it's not hopelessly awful or anything. Unfortunately, I don't think they ever stood a chance with the much more popular NostPvE launching in a week. People aren't gonna invest their time in Stormrage. It would need to be objectively superior to Nost in order to succeed, and it just isn't.
Noselacri
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Corazon » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:16 pm

Even worse, although there's only like ~250 people on, the realm says High pop.
Corazon
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Pokeypointy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:58 am

Stormrage definetly hurt themselves on this one, they should've stayed out of the way and hyped their own server 6 months after instead, can't compete with the lone giant of vanilla servers. I'm expecting good pop. on nost pve. :)
Viper wrote:Greetings, as stated earlier, transfer won't be possible.
Pokeypointy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Shad0wsong » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:30 am

I think they have basically 1 hope.

IF Nost is so popular that it ends up with 2-3 hour queues, some of the overflow could go to them. And I think there is a good chance that Nost will be that popular. I made a couple of toons over there today for two reasons -

1. to practice for Nost (which was useless, because it was so empty, our PvP starting area is more populated)
2. insurance - if Nost is so popular I can't even get in to play, I would be pretty sad after all of this waiting. SR would be a let down, after all of this hope. But it wouldn't be too bad, if a bunch of others felt the same way, and just wanted to be able to play. So just in case, I made a couple of toons, and I will dick around a bit over there this week, and if there is a large overflow from Nost, at least I will be out of the severe crush in the start zone.

But I will be camping the realm list here, and refreshing the page like a mad woman, hoping to get in. I have two friends. We plan to do it in shifts throughout the whole day, if we can't get an actual start time. So I think we will have a decent chance to get in here. But I have been stuck in 2-3 hour queues numerous times back in Blizzard's first year of operation. So I'm doing whatever I can to be prepared for that eventuality.
Shad0wsong
Grunt
Grunt

by Noselacri » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:56 am

I have a strong hunch that if there's such an overwhelming demand, they'll raise the cap on the PvE server.
Noselacri
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Cherek » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:47 am

SR hurt themselves
They had more chance releasing few months after nost (for people who want a fresh start community)
Ah well, good news for nost that people cba and wait for next week :)
Cherek
Private
Private

by komaf » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:14 pm

/who 1-60 on SR presently shows:

66 people on at 10:10 a.m., Saturday morning, Central Standard Time. The server has grown by 7-8 people in the past 1.5 hours, dipping down a bit and then back to low to mid 60s.

In the Dwarven area, I immediately hit a bug on the Felix's Tools, quest, where I was unable to loot a chest. I ran around for 43 minutes with my bug tracker up, meanwhile, reading the automated yellow developer "we will answer your bug issues immediately" spam running every 5-10 mins.

No response.

/who Stormwind = 6 players.

I'll call SR dead on arrival. Waiting on Nost.

And let's not forget, folks: Nost will probably have cross-server BGs at some point - that's going to be insanely fast events.
REDBEARD the DWARF
komaf
Private
Private

by Larsen » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:05 am

Yeah, that server's dead. They didn't advertise, they weren't any less buggy than all other servers are at the start, and Nost2.0 is opening in a week. They never stood a chance. I feel bad for the developers, they didn't deserve to see their project bomb like that, but they also didn't really do anything to promote it or improve its chances.

One thing of note is that there were at least twice as many alliance as horde. The total numbers weren't impressive in any case, but there were about 250-300ish at its peak. I think that might be a hint that the same thing could happen on Nost. There's no strong reason why two technically identical servers wouldn't have similar proportions of horde/alliance, and 300 is more than enough of a sample size to take it seriously.

So there's a very real possibility that Nost PvE will also have a 1:2 ratio. The polls are meaningless, Stormrage had similar ones. Those polls are skewed in favor of more hardcore players who peruse the forums whereas many casuals don't, and it's a well-known fact that those favor alliance.
Larsen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements