PVE Information regarding content available at release

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: PVE Information regarding content available at release

by Pokeypointy » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:07 am

Nano wrote:
Ellmo wrote:Why would you need to change the WDB folder, you just switch servers ? all the content will be there as the Pvp one so it wont matter? like MC / BWL ect

The PvE server will follow the timeline that the original PvP server followed; this means the server will run with different item stats than those currently available on the PvP server for a time. The WDB folder is where you store the stats of items as they exist on the server. When you have a WDB folder already, the game doesn't give you a new one so if you transfer from the PvP server to the PvE one, you will see incorrect item stats. If you don't have a WDB folder, the server will create a new one for you.

Something to note, having the server create you a new WDB folder does add strain to the server in general, so you shouldn't clear it every time you log-in.

Long story short: It's better for everyone that players create 2 different installations.
Viper wrote:Greetings, as stated earlier, transfer won't be possible.
Pokeypointy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by pwlnpro » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:03 am

so, 2.5k limit, or no?
Fighting is an art. Fighting for your life is it's meaning.
Living is an art. Living your life is constant fighting.
pwlnpro
Private
Private

by Ellmo » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:39 am

pwlnpro wrote:so, 2.5k limit, or no?

Not at the start, they will increase the cap for the opening and reduce it back to 2.5k later, probably because they dont want people waiting for 2 hours plus in que ^_^
Deja Vu ~ class leader

Smork ~ 60 Orc Hunter
Ellmo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Wraith§Reaver » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:55 am

Viper wrote:Players accounts:
* An existing account can be used for PvP and PvE realm,
* It's possible to have Horde & Alliance characters on the same account,
* Account limitation per IP is increased to 6,
* A banned account implies no access on all the characters no matter the realms.

Thanks for this Viper, it answered all my doubt :D
Wraith§Reaver
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Galhaad » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:08 am

Get ready for 19:00 Server Time!

Can someone tell me what is the server time zone ?
Galhaad
Tester

by Larsen » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:33 am

If it turns out that there's just as many people as on the PvP server, I really hope they permanently raise the cap.
Larsen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Tsutey » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:01 am

Larsen wrote:If it turns out that there's just as many people as on the PvP server, I really hope they permanently raise the cap.

No they won't. It would ruin the whole realm economy and not just that. 2.5K cap is made for very good reason. It's better wait in queue a while, than play on realm with completely broken economy and game mechanics. Trust me.

The only thing they might consider is create another realm so they could split population IF the population is VERY HIGH. But it is very unlikely and i think it won't be needed. I'm guessing that on the PvE realm will be playing about 2.500 - 3.500 regular players on daily basis.
Flammie <Voltaic> - alliance weekend raiding on Nostalrius PvE
Tsutey
Grunt
Grunt

by Ragstal » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:33 am

im so happy about this and looking so forward to this and so happy i can actually have a chance to buy ivory raptor will the time for mounts be the same as it were in pvp? cause im no veteran old rusty player of wow vanilla and I DID NOT KNEW this kind of...anyway i did not knew they were remove from blizz these awesome mounts which i still believe was silly to follow in exact every move anything blizz done and especially speaking about mounts cause mounts=the whole reason of playing :D
Ragstal
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by DarkOPM » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:12 am

So what timezone is that 19:00 pm server time?
DarkOPM
Tester

by Shimmerleaf » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:33 am

Forgive me if the answer to this question is obvious, but I just wanted to be sure. I plan to switch over to the PvE server permanently and not play the PvP server again. Would I still have to change the WDB folder for the new item stats to take effect? If so, would I need to do it just once?
Best of journeys in Azeroth, and may nature bless you.
Shimmerleaf
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements