PVE Information regarding content available at release

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: PVE Information regarding content available at release

by Pipes » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:44 pm

Nice News Nost! :D
Hoped for an earlier starttime than 19h but it's fine. Let the run begin!
Pipes
Grunt
Grunt

by Pokeypointy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:13 pm

Stondus wrote:
Diametra wrote:So, we're all saying only the wdb folder will be effected? Otherwise it will look just like retail wow where you switch servers?

If that holds true, I guess i would just keep seperate wdb folders and swap em. emm I dunno, I'll start out with two separate apps...just in case ha.

The game version is 1.12.1 in both servers allready. They just add content etc with Blizzlike timeline. so basically yes, WDB is the only place affected, since WTF will have own folders for different realms.

So as said in earlier post, download launcher, that's the easiest way. Works fine for me even with Nost & a competor both running the same client.

Most foolproof way is to have 2 installations, since 5GB~ is not that much space in todays numbers, I see no problems with space on disc. I've already macroed both installations onto my keyboard and made custom icons for taskbar. Having to restart the client every time I want to change realms seems tedious.
Viper wrote:Greetings, as stated earlier, transfer won't be possible.
Pokeypointy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by lindz » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:19 pm

Excellent. thanks for the update. Can't wait for next weekend!
<Voltaic> - alliance weekend raiding on Nostalrius PvE
lindz
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Shimmerleaf » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:08 pm

I'm very much looking forward to it!
Best of journeys in Azeroth, and may nature bless you.
Shimmerleaf
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Keftenk » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:23 am

Viper wrote:* As always, no transfers from PvP realm nor shop,

Shop?
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ellmo » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:43 am

Why would you need to change the WDB folder, you just switch servers ? all the content will be there as the Pvp one so it wont matter? like MC / BWL ect
Deja Vu ~ class leader

Smork ~ 60 Orc Hunter
Ellmo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Nano » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:15 am

Ellmo wrote:Why would you need to change the WDB folder, you just switch servers ? all the content will be there as the Pvp one so it wont matter? like MC / BWL ect

The PvE server will follow the timeline that the original PvP server followed; this means the server will run with different item stats than those currently available on the PvP server for a time. The WDB folder is where you store the stats of items as they exist on the server. When you have a WDB folder already, the game doesn't give you a new one so if you transfer from the PvP server to the PvE one, you will see incorrect item stats. If you don't have a WDB folder, the server will create a new one for you.

Something to note, having the server create you a new WDB folder does add strain to the server in general, so you shouldn't clear it every time you log-in.
Please report any issues you have to the Bugtracker
Nano
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Adom » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:00 am

So when we should clear the WDB folder? Between patch changes?
Adom
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements