PVE Information regarding content available at release

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: PVE Information regarding content available at release

by Diametra » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:17 pm

* An existing account can be used for PvP and PvE realm,

If we target the same folder, would we have to throw away our WDB folder every time we switch realms if its on the same account?

I'm trying to work that one out in my head.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Pokeypointy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:21 pm

Diametra wrote:* An existing account can be used for PvP and PvE realm,

If we target the same folder, would we have to throw away our WDB folder every time we switch realms if its on the same account?

I'm thinking that you should have 2 seperate installations of wow if you wish to continue playing on both since you'd have to delete the wdb folder each time you jumped to the other server, doesn't matter if it's the same or different account :O

Diametra wrote:with this: Name of realms will changed:
* Existing one will change to "Nostalrius Begins PvP",
* PVE realm will be named "Nostalrius Begins PvE".

Might have a flood of people coming to forums with connection issues.

No it won't, all that happens is the game will make you choose a server from the list since your presetting is invalid.
Last edited by Pokeypointy on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Viper wrote:Greetings, as stated earlier, transfer won't be possible.
Pokeypointy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Diametra » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:22 pm

"No it won't, all that happens is the game will make you choose a server from the list since your presetting is invalid." Ah ok that makes sense
Last edited by Diametra on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Diametra » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:23 pm

Im definately going to have two separate apps going on. : ) But I'm doubting the majority of folks will. expect bombs in support.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Noselacri » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:24 pm

Diametra wrote:with this: Name of realms will changed:
* Existing one will change to "Nostalrius Begins PvP",
* PVE realm will be named "Nostalrius Begins PvE".

Might have a flood of people coming to forums with connection issues.

That'll just be for the server menu. I expect the realmlist will remain the same. People might need to fix their account settings folders, though, as those will point to the old name.
Noselacri
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Stondus » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:26 pm

Pokeypointy wrote:
Diametra wrote:* An existing account can be used for PvP and PvE realm,

I'm thinking that you should have 2 seperate installations of wow if you wish to continue playing on both since you'd have to delete the wdb folder each time you jumped to the other server, doesn't matter if it's the same or different account :O

No it won't, all that happens is the game will make you choose a server from the list since your presetting is invalid.

No 2 installations needed. Just search for VF_WoWLauncher, I've used that for quite some time now. There's a setting to erase WDB folder, which - as said - erases the folder every time you launch the game.

Yes, it *might* be an issue if you want to play on one realm and swap to other on the fly, but even if you have to quit & restart it's still faster then browsing folders. (OR having 2 installations) Just alt+F4 & strike the big "PLAY" - button again...

Nope, I don't know if the folder will cause any problems myself either, would like to know myself too..
Last edited by Stondus on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*********************************************************************************************
Okay, so it's allways Paragon vs Method vs some-unknown-guild on every tier.
Why not make things a bit more interesting, and make them ALL raid Vanilla instead?
Stondus
Grunt
Grunt

by Brunchkin » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:29 pm

I use the same install for both Nost and SR. So I highly doubt you will need separate install for Nost PvE. Worst case scenario, you need to swap out WDB folders.
Brunchkin
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Lucilla » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:30 pm

Thanks Nost!! Looking forward to it :)
Lucilla
Tester

by Diametra » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:32 pm

So, we're all saying only the wdb folder will be effected? Otherwise it will look just like retail wow where you switch servers?

If that holds true, I guess i would just keep seperate wdb folders and swap em. emm I dunno, I'll start out with two separate apps...just in case ha.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Stondus » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:38 pm

Diametra wrote:So, we're all saying only the wdb folder will be effected? Otherwise it will look just like retail wow where you switch servers?

If that holds true, I guess i would just keep seperate wdb folders and swap em. emm I dunno, I'll start out with two separate apps...just in case ha.

The game version is 1.12.1 in both servers allready. They just add content etc with Blizzlike timeline. so basically yes, WDB is the only place affected, since WTF will have own folders for different realms.

So as said in earlier post, download launcher, that's the easiest way. Works fine for me even with Nost & a competor both running the same client.
*********************************************************************************************
Okay, so it's allways Paragon vs Method vs some-unknown-guild on every tier.
Why not make things a bit more interesting, and make them ALL raid Vanilla instead?
Stondus
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements