Zul'Gurub available on the PTR

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Zul'Gurub available on the PTR

by Imbaslap » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:50 am

Euronymous wrote:I second the notion of being able to test set bonuses by having gear provided.
Could've prevented a couple of set bonus bugs with Tier 2 if this was applied on BWL testing.

you don't say. 8-) 8-) 8-)
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Lazermon » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:33 am

SnowFlakes wrote:
dusky wrote:bwl full of bugs they making zg gratz boyz.

Which bugs are you referring to? BWL is well scripted at the moment.

I do not want them to hold on the ZG release, but I disagree with you.

Pretty much every single loot table seems to be incorrect. Bosses have a chance to not drop tier items, nefarian sometimes drops 3 offset items, and they arent divided into the pools they should be, meaning you can get 3 of the same item, several combinations of adds being spawned on razorgore don't exist (mage+legion, mage+dragon, legion+dragon), Nefarian can (and still does) despawn at the transition between phase 1 and phase 2. That's what I'm 100% about, haven't bothered looking further into things since there's no point in doing so, just look at the amount of confirmed bugs in the bugtracker to understand why. And if you don't want to look, I can inform you that there are 237 ingame bugs of varying severity that has been confirmed by the isVV team: https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/t ... nderer=124
- AQ40 When?
- GRIZZLY Cineplex Regular
- Level 4 <Dankk Budz Collective> Memer
- Level 5 <GRIZZLY> Officer
Lazermon
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by SnowFlakes » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am

Lazermon wrote:
SnowFlakes wrote:
dusky wrote:bwl full of bugs they making zg gratz boyz.

Which bugs are you referring to? BWL is well scripted at the moment.

I do not want them to hold on the ZG release, but I disagree with you.

Pretty much every single loot table seems to be incorrect. Bosses have a chance to not drop tier items, nefarian sometimes drops 3 offset items, and they arent divided into the pools they should be, meaning you can get 3 of the same item, several combinations of adds being spawned on razorgore don't exist (mage+legion, mage+dragon, legion+dragon), Nefarian can (and still does) despawn at the transition between phase 1 and phase 2. That's what I'm 100% about, haven't bothered looking further into things since there's no point in doing so, just look at the amount of confirmed bugs in the bugtracker to understand why. And if you don't want to look, I can inform you that there are 237 ingame bugs of varying severity that has been confirmed by the isVV team: https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/t ... nderer=124

My guild has reported a ton of those bugs, I'm well aware of them. I don't care much about the loot, and I personally haven't had Nef despawn since the PTR. Overall, looking at the bigger picture, I'm not dissatisfied with the current state of BWL, even if it isn't perfect. To say that they should stop all progress on new content to make BWL flawless is a silly notion in my eyes.
oh, ok.
SnowFlakes
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by i214chess » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:58 am

I really hope this dungeon is challenging.

I think it's a fuckin joke if a guild is able to clear this entire instance in the first week.

I've talked to many people on the server and a few of them say they've full cleared BWL since day 1 of release...I just think that Nostalrius is delivering a watered down carebear instance and not a real challenge.

I think the one dude said there are about 8 guilds doing full clears so far...cool
i214chess
Grunt
Grunt

by SnowFlakes » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:07 am

i214chess wrote:I really hope this dungeon is challenging.

I think it's a fuckin joke if a guild is able to clear this entire instance in the first week.

I've talked to many people on the server and a few of them say they've full cleared BWL since day 1 of release...I just think that Nostalrius is delivering a watered down carebear instance and not a real challenge.

I think the one dude said there are about 8 guilds doing full clears so far...cool

Not sure if sarcasm or not :roll:
oh, ok.
SnowFlakes
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Slicy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:30 am

Loled. I'll quote this famous one : "Comes to a vanilla server. Complains about vanilla."

Raids releases of retail wow also gets cleared within 1 reset.
The main difficulty in vanilla resides in organizing an entire guild/40+ faggets with the same mindset to do X thing at Y time.
It's also about perfecting the runs. A quite large amount of the raiding guilds are still having a quite huge number of deaths & wipes in BWL. So I'm guessing it is still of a decent level of difficulty.
If you're looking for challenges, you have to set them yourself in this version of wow. Are you even clearing BWL btw before crying about its difficulty ?

As for the content, it aims to be as blizzlike as possible, the difference being we have all the knowledge & experience regarding everything about raids, classes, gear, the whole game itself. But you could have understood all that already if you didn't have a watered down brain.
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by DeeMarie » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:43 pm

i214chess wrote:I think it's a fuckin joke if a guild is able to clear this entire instance in the first week.

In the first night in fact!

MC was cleared, what, 7 months ago? That's a long time to farm gear to trivialise content for a lot of guilds. But then no classic content is ever that hard until you butt up against C'thun and Naxx.
Nostalrused...
DeeMarie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bioness » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:42 pm

Considering MC<ZG<AQ20<BWL<<<AQ40<<<<<<<<Naxx in terms of difficulty.

It is getting cleared in a few hours by at least half a dozen guilds.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Robotron » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:04 pm

This patch is more of a huge nerf to BWL than anything else. =P
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Setup » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:21 pm

The overnight clearing isn't about to change. AQ40 will be cleared by several guilds on week one. Fewer than BWL certainly, but still anyone who prepares their nature resistance, frost weapons, shadow-tanking sets, or soulstone alts. The fact those things are all foreseeable to us (unlike the people originally playing the content) is what makes clearing so much faster.

If naxx is released as truly blizzlike, guilds will probably go 11/15 or 12/15 on their first night, stalled only by the absurd 4hm warrior requirement. For people who want the content to go a bit slower, artificial gating (like drastically increasing boss HP) is necessary. This game is pretty easy, most of the difficulty is social difficulty in working with other players.

ZG will be PUG'd probably the same week it opens.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements