Oprahwf - 24 Shaman
PVP - High Warlord
Guild - Dreamstate
Beéfcake
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Zul'Gurub available on the PTR

by Nano » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:23 pm

notgunnahappen wrote:If there are multiple bugs compiled by a guild, would it be better to make a separate bug report for each issue or is 1 report with everything gathered (with proof) sufficient?

Depends what you're reporting. If it's about boss mechanics. Individual reports are better. If it's about loot or spawn points or item stats, one report is better.

Typically it's easier for us to identify and fix issues when they are reported separately.
Please report any issues you have to the Bugtracker
Nano
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by TaurenRogue » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:46 pm

Im actually gonna get a hakkar dagger before a perditions blade it seems...
TaurenRogue
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Keftenk » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:38 am

So, if triple loot drops is reported. Nost will address it? :P
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Kil » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:47 am

Thanks for pumping out the content at a reasonable rate and in fairly good working order......

Syrah wrote:
With the BWL PTR, it was observed that some guilds were doing their progress on the PTR instead of using the realm as a testing and reporting tool. In this regard, the PTR will be only open for a week of intense testing.
After the first week, the development team will work on the reports.
After the fix period, the PTR will open again with specific points to be checked by guilds. The instance will be limited accordingly.

Best regards,
Syrah.

That being said: Come on Nost.

Firstly: Blizzlike.
Secondly: There were only like 3 maybe 4 guilds that could clear BWL at the time much less test specific parts of encounters. The other guilds had to progress to test. I doubt they would have wiped all night on Razor or Vael otherwise. That's how testing works. The numbers will be less come AQ.
Thirdly: Good luck with the one week AQ test. It will work for ZG because it's ZG and for every guild clearing or close to clearing BWL this is like testing UBRS.

Solutions? 1: Just realize that most guilds will have to test like they did on BWL.
2: Have a loot vendor.
3: Idk. But I'm trying to be constructive.
You are not special. No one knows your name. No one will remember your name. Nothing you do will matter. Ever.
Kil
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Solmyr » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:20 am

TaurenRogue wrote:Im actually gonna get a hakkar dagger before a perditions blade it seems...

Keep dreaming. Barman Shanker for life :twisted:
Solmyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Oyani » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:29 am

Lol who's stupid enough to progress on PTR realm? Good, it shouldn't be open 24/7.
Also... yay ZG!
Oyani
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Thefilth » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:12 am

I'm not a fan of cheat progression, but surely there's a better solution than opening PTR during EU's raiding primetime on reset day?

Said a little differently, I would like to test ZG. Not because I wanna progress it (like said before, it's UBRS level difficulty), but because I want to help make it work. Brilliance will not be participating in PTR on our main raid days, but that's the time ZG is scheduled to be opened. I know for a fact that alot of guilds raid Wednesday somewhere between 18:00 and 24:00, so I imagine we're not alone in this.
Thefilth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Kil » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:00 am

Thanks again Nost for providing scripted content in a reasonable time frame. I look forward to ZG on live.

That aside...

Guilds want to help out and test content but aren't as good as Dreamstate have to do it the old fashioned way. They want to pitch in and deliver as unbugged content as possible but are all of a sudden cheating their way to victory. Seems fair.

The few guilds that can actually clear all test content on the first try (and I'm not talking about ZG) aren't enough to properly test the coming raids. They have the knowledge and ability, sure, but the extra time and energy to spend fine tuning every boss? I bet it's hard to even get your raid on the ptr much less no-life to the extent that would be required.

If this really is a problem, and the proposed solution is limited test time followed by more limited test time, then we need to come up with a better solution. It will work for ZG but not AQ or Naxx.

Something along the lines of if a guild does a few nights on the ptr and doesn't submit any bug reports (assuming of course the bosses they tried aren't perfectly scripted (heh)) they can be locked from the instance or some such.
A gear vendor. The point is to test the instance, not to progress right? Players that actually want to produce bug free content could help do so and still be blocked when the content hits live.
If limiting the guilds and time actually makes it to harder raid ptr's, the ability to respawn bosses. Most guilds are gonna be doing the ptr once or so a week. If they have the ability they will clear the bosses and try to catch what bugs they can but it is very limiting.

These are just some thoughts in the interest of being constructive. They may not be good, but I don't see the current stratagem working post ZG.
You are not special. No one knows your name. No one will remember your name. Nothing you do will matter. Ever.
Kil
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Syrah » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:42 am

Hello,

The schedule for the PTR is only regarding Zul'Gurub and therefore is not final. We are fully aware that testing Zul'Gurub is not the same as testing Ahn'Qiraj or Naxxramas. This system should work for now while we think of a better one to fit the next raids without guilds trying to progress.
Note that we really appreciate your concerns and thank you for being such a caring community. :)

Best regards,
Syrah.

PS: all suggestions in this regard will be received gladly in another thread, as we want a system to fit the community too.
Syrah
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements