Clarification regarding language on public channel

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Clarification regarding language on public channel

by Noxm » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:56 am

Tfinger wrote:
We're already dealing with 4-6 times the intended population of a vanilla server. The fact the server is even stable at ~10k people online is a miracle in itself, but how further can you push it? 15k? 20k?

At that point it doesn't matter if the server is running flawless, 15k people on a single server is unplayable. Resources and mobs will need to be re-spawning instantly to even hope to keep up with player base, which will tank the economy even further then the freaky one we got going on now.

+1
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Margatroid » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:43 am

-Snipped for racism-
Last edited by Nano on Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Racism
Margatroid
Grunt
Grunt

by Niko » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:05 am

Well hey, if you devs ever open up for the suggested idea of giving Niko game master powers.. I'am all yours. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by ozusteapot » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:14 am

It doesn't even have to be a racial thing, 'ban chinese ips' is obviously an idiotic affirmation; simply start a fundraiser for a mirror pvp-server with transfering options.

How can you say that you wish to offer a blizzlike experience with 15k people on? Imagine just for one second how clustered areas like Redridge would look like with those many people online.
ozusteapot
Private
Private

by Margatroid » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:48 am

Please clarify in this thread why you are either unwilling or unable to create another PVP server. Doing so is the only acceptable solution to the population problem. A vanilla WoW sever with 5k players is not "underpopulated." That is twice what the cap was at one point during retail. 7.5k or 10k players is ridiculous. 15k is untenable, and is not a goal for you to reach. It's a disaster to be avoided.

Why are you unwilling or unable to create another PVP server and enable transfers to it? How much funding would you need to create another server?

Don't dodge the question. This is what your players want. Why can you not create another server and provide us with a much less laggy, much less crowded and much more enjoyable playing experience?
Margatroid
Grunt
Grunt

by Gokan » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:27 pm

I'm also wondering at which point the Nostalrius Team will seriously consider the creation of a new realm, assuming they have a limit. I hope they're not obsessed with big numbers...
Gokan
Private
Private

by euronmisc » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:32 pm

Meanwhile in AV...

euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Soyoen » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:35 pm

Gokan wrote:I'm also wondering at which point the Nostalrius Team will seriously consider the creation of a new realm, assuming they have a limit. I hope they're not obsessed with big numbers...

If they weren't obsessed with big numbers there would be a server queue starting from ~4-5k. However, it sure is interesting to observe all the hatred towards a specific part of the community. Granted, it would probably be a good idea to provide them with a server of their own - but in the name of racism that would imply that every region (EU/NA/.../CHINA) should get their own server.

The bandaid solution the community is asking for (a second pvp server) is mediocre at best, do you honestly believe that no chineese players would start over at that realm as well? Unless there are free transfers whilst having the same timeline as the original realm AND being EU/NA restricted (this wont happen), it wont make a dent in the population showing on Nostalrius PvP. If there are without the restriction and both realms divide the population 50/50 which is highly unlikely, you can be quite sure that within a year both realms will once again approach 12k.
RogueDPS Reborn spreadsheet

Thinking about playing rogue, or actively playing? Check out the rogue boards for the essentials of the rogue class - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24235
Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by canitnerd » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:07 pm

Soyoen wrote:Granted, it would probably be a good idea to provide them with a server of their own - but in the name of racism that would imply that every region (EU/NA/.../CHINA) should get their own server.

The bandaid solution the community is asking for (a second pvp server) is mediocre at best, do you honestly believe that no chineese players would start over at that realm as well? Unless there are free transfers whilst having the same timeline as the original realm AND being EU/NA restricted (this wont happen), it wont make a dent in the population showing on Nostalrius PvP.[/color]

There is no "racism" here. The FACT of the matter is most Chinese players do not speak English, either because of inability or choice. Meanwhile, most euro/NA players DO speak English. Because Vanilla WoW is a game that entirely relies on players interacting with each other, and because a huge portion of the player base is incapable of interacting meaningfully with the rest of it, it makes sense to solve the overpopulation issue by splitting these populations up. Make a second server, open free transfers to it. Ping lock the main server. Problems solved.
canitnerd
Tester

by Tis » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:05 pm

Another PvP server is really, really needed at this point. Game quality has deteriorated significantly and I no longer 'enjoy my stay' as the welcome message suggests I should. You can already feel some unpleasant delay once the population reaches 7-8K, let alone when it's 11.5K.

You do need extra resources for that but I'm sure that if such an option is presented, plenty of people will contribute with donations. Let's remember that the current population is about 6 times bigger than what a retail Vanilla server would have and it's no longer a positive thing. I'm forced to either play on the PvE server now as the game is still running amazingly well there (no lag whatsoever) even though I hate PvE or to play on Kronos where unfortunately the population is very low.

I hope someone in charge actually reads this post and at least gives consideration to what I suggested, it would be highly appreciated.
Tis
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements