by Nerfme » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:31 am

Keep the fixes coming...good job peeps :D
Nerfme < Molten Core Swimteam >
Nerfme
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Patchnote - 12/03

by triggerlily » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:31 am

I'm sad to see that clearcasting proc during arcane missle channeling has not been fixed. I paged in about this and was responded with a message like this from staff "Yes, we have been told by our devs that they have fixed this and will be patched soon" - and this was a week ago approxamently. Look up tickets from me if you want to see the messages (if they are kept, idk).

Currently arcane missles will only proc with the initial cast and not when it's channeling the missiles, which it should be doing. plz fix if you can, thank u.

p.s.

Also can we keep replies that only consist of comments like "wow great dev team xoxo" and "keep up the good work!" out of threads like this and only have comments with substance and real concerns or issues stated in them to declutter the thread. I think it would be for the best.
triggerlily
Private
Private

by Youfie » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:09 am

triggerlily wrote:I'm sad to see that clearcasting proc during arcane missle channeling has not been fixed. I paged in about this and was responded with a message like this from staff "Yes, we have been told by our devs that they have fixed this and will be patched soon" - and this was a week ago approxamently. Look up tickets from me if you want to see the messages (if they are kept, idk).

Currently arcane missles will only proc with the initial cast and not when it's channeling the missiles, which it should be doing. plz fix if you can, thank u.

p.s.

Also can we keep replies that only consist of comments like "wow great dev team xoxo" and "keep up the good work!" out of threads like this and only have comments with substance and real concerns or issues stated in them to declutter the thread. I think it would be for the best.

You need to provide sources when you report this kind of so-called "bug", not just say "I remember it", or "everyone knows this" ;).

"Only the first tick of AM can proc Clearcasting or Netherwind Focus."
(Elitist Jerks, 2006)

"Clearcasting can only proc on arcane missiles at the moment before the first missile where the mana is consumed, NOT on each missile individually."
(Wowwiki, 2008 ; found no evidence of change before this date)

Of course a definite and indisputable proof these statements are wrong would be a 2005-2006 retail video of an unique AM channelling trigerring Clearcasting twice. Or an unique AM channelling during which the talent procs on the second (third) tick while the first (and second) one(s) is (are) not resisted.
I personally failed to find any.

If you have a 100% proof that every missile can trigget the talent, please share. At the moment the devs have been shown rather reliable sources (even if not 100% sure) that it should not work as you say.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by kemadin » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:39 am

wow great dev team xoxo and keep up the good work!
kemadin
Tester

by Khandz » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:10 am

EDIT: Works now
Khandz
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Stormreaver » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:20 am

Good job! I like this server more and more with each day. :)
Stormreaver
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Nightwish » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:20 am

Great job! Keep up the good work, Nostalrius!
Nightwish, Death and Taxes
Nightwish
Tester

by Hatson » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:02 pm

triggerlily wrote:I'm sad to see that clearcasting proc during arcane missle channeling has not been fixed. I paged in about this and was responded with a message like this from staff "Yes, we have been told by our devs that they have fixed this and will be patched soon" - and this was a week ago approxamently. Look up tickets from me if you want to see the messages (if they are kept, idk).

Please give proof. There is literally zero reason to argue any bug like that when you have no proof to show.
This exact discussion has been had on these forums a few times before and all the sources that have been talked about and linked dating back to 2006 have all said that Arcane Missiles can only proc clearcasting on the initial cast.

If you have any evidence or proof showing otherwise, please do.
Just know that there are hundreds of Faxmonkey videos of Blizzard (another channeling spell) acting the exact same way in his vids even back in 2005.

When you report a bug, you can't just say it's bugged. It helps the devs a lot if you actually prove it.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by whitekidney » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:33 pm

Daemon wrote:Here is our patchnote for the last week:

[list]
[*]GENERAL: Fix a bug that could cause your pet to disappear

hhnnnggg
whitekidney