Patchnote - 12/03

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Patchnote - 12/03

by Guessilldps » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:26 pm

Noticed a new bug which have appeared after these fixes. If you're a warlock and have a mail armor piece, 'Mail' isn't written in red, so it looks like you're able to wear it.

Great fixes tho
Guessilldps
Private
Private

by milos9619 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:46 pm

After getting Berserker Buff in WSG I always get DC'ed.. every every time :D
milos9619
Tester

by triggerlily » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:49 pm

If you have a 100% proof that every missile can trigget the talent, please share. At the moment the devs have been shown rather reliable sources (even if not 100% sure) that it should not work as you say.[/quote]

My proof is that i have higher than a 3rd grade reading comprehension level

If you literally just read the talent tooltip you will realize im right and that every time a spell is dealing damage, i.e. channeling spells like arcane missiles and blizzard; the clearcasting proc should have a chance to trigger.

There is no need for "proof". The talent tooltip says each time the spell deals damage, not when it is cast.
triggerlily
Private
Private

by Brentos » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:50 pm

Good good keep it up !
Brentos
Tester

by JimboPete » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:53 pm

triggerlily wrote:My proof is that i have higher than a 3rd grade reading comprehension level
you literally just read the talent tooltip you will realize im right and that every time a spell is dealing damage, i.e. channeling spells like arcane missiles and blizzard; the clearcasting proc should have a chance to trigger.

There is no need for "proof". The talent tooltip says each time the spell deals damage, not when it is cast.

Well, you're reading comprehension may be alright, but you are still wrong. You are not supposed to receive clearcasting on each damage tick. This isn't feenix with infinite Blizzard.
Latest Masterpiece - A Z U R E G O S
Don't forget to see if I'm live on Twitch! ( twitch.tv/JimboPete ) <-- Rip
JimboPete
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by triggerlily » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:02 pm

JimboPete wrote:
triggerlily wrote:My proof is that i have higher than a 3rd grade reading comprehension level
you literally just read the talent tooltip you will realize im right and that every time a spell is dealing damage, i.e. channeling spells like arcane missiles and blizzard; the clearcasting proc should have a chance to trigger.

Well, you're reading comprehension may be alright, but you are still wrong. You are not supposed to receive clearcasting on each damage tick. This isn't feenix with infinite Blizzard.

This iisnt a matter of what you "think is supposed to happen" or don't like about something. The talent literally says each time a spell hits and deals damage. Blizzard at high levels takes tons of mana and even with clearcasting working right you'll still probably run out of mana after 4-5 casts at the most. Just because u dont like something in the game or dont think it's supposed to be like that doesn't mean it is wrong.
triggerlily
Private
Private

by Maktaz » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:11 pm

If you literally just read the talent tooltip you will realize im right and that every time a spell is dealing damage, i.e. channeling spells like arcane missiles and blizzard; the clearcasting proc should have a chance to trigger.

I think it's you that needs to brush up on his reading comprehension. Arcane Missiles is ONE damage spell, not five damage spells. Following your logic the Clearcasting state should only make your first Arcane Missile free and make you pay for the other four missiles, should you choose to use your clearcast to cast Arcane Missiles. That is just plain wrong.

If you say that each seperate Missile is a damage spell for the purpose of the first part of the talent, then it should apply to the second half of the talent as well, since the wording is exactly the same, i.e. "any damage spell".
Maktaz
Grunt
Grunt

by triggerlily » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:20 pm

Maktaz wrote:

I think it's you that needs to brush up on his reading comprehension. Arcane Missiles is ONE damage spell, not five damage spells. Following your logic the Clearcasting state should only make your first Arcane Missile free and make you pay for the other four missiles, should you choose to use your clearcast to cast Arcane Missiles. That is just plain wrong.

If you say that each seperate Missile is a damage spell for the purpose of the first part of the talent, then it should apply to the second half of the talent as well, since the wording is exactly the same, i.e. "any damage spell".

Thanks for stepping away from your fry cooker for 5 minutes to post this great response. Arcane missiles is a channeled spell that deals 5 separate instances of direct damage to the target. By the sheer definition of the talents tooltip - each missile that hits the target and does damage should be given the opportunity to proc clearcasting. If you are too retarded to understand this then please dont try and argue this any further.
triggerlily
Private
Private

by shadesofjoe » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:21 pm

Let's apply some deductive logic to the question.

Can each individual arcane missile burst be resisted? If the spell is either landed/resisted upon the initial cast, then the check for "after any damage spell hits a target" would only be performed upon the initial cast, because the spell only "hits" once, even if subsequent bursts follow.

If, on the other hand, each burst of arcane missiles has an equal chance of landing/being resisted, then I would argue that the check for clearcasting should also be made on each burst, because in this instance the hits are being calculated individually.
shadesofjoe
Grunt
Grunt

by triggerlily » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:30 pm

shadesofjoe wrote:Let's apply some deductive logic to the question.

Can each individual arcane missile burst be resisted? If the spell is either landed/resisted upon the initial cast, then the check for "after any damage spell hits a target" would only be performed upon the initial cast, because the spell only "hits" once, even if subsequent bursts follow.

If, on the other hand, each burst of arcane missiles has an equal chance of landing/being resisted, then I would argue that the check for clearcasting should also be made on each burst, because in this instance the hits are being calculated individually.

Yes each of the 5 ticks has a chance to individually be resisted.

Each individual tick has the possibility of being resisted.

Each individual tick has the possibility of criting also.
triggerlily
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements