Dynamic Respawn Rate System - DRRS update PVP realm

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Dynamic Respawn Rate System - DRRS update PVP realm

by ventus0 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:00 am

I support this change. A lot of players just want to enjoy the content of the game... and sometimes it might seem impossible to do so due to long respawn timers. One experience I can share is when I was trying to finish a quest and I had to wait a whole hour for the quest boss to spawn. In acknowledgement of the server population, I can confidently say that an hour wait time for 1 quest boss is a bit extreme. Blizzard has always optimized their servers in every one of their games to appeal to their players, so I think the whole "this isn't blizz-like" charade is a little irrational and mundane.
ventus0
Tester

by Istaria » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:10 am

Mortadela wrote:perhaps another guild will get a kill once in 40 days or so with this, but we will again get 90% of the kills.

Sounds like a win-win for "the another guild" and you. Gotta love changes where everyone wins. Including the guys who camp spawns because it is fun and exciting to see the spawn happen.

As for the loot, on retail world boss loot vs instance loot was a lot more balanced because there were maybe 10 guilds per faction doing raid instances and raid PUGs were unheard of, whereas here all the raid instance loot has dropped hundreds, if not thousands of times vs tens of times for the world boss loot. 100-200 kills per raid boss vs 1-2 kills per outdoor boss per week is a bit skewed.

Guess there really isn't a perfect solution for issues like these that arise with mega high population. Opening a new server would cut the disparity of indoor/outdoor boss loot to half, but doing that would be a big risk since the massive population (despite all the whine about lag etc) is a major driving force for this server.
Shanyatral / Istaria, Guild Master of <Theorycraft>
(and yes, these days I do stuff for Light's Hope - but never for Nostalrius / Elysium) .
Istaria
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Rashgar » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:58 am

Keftenk wrote:I'm curious if you have been out to Azshara. I'm out there for hours and hours each day, usually. I've noticed some new "bots" (for instance, I don't know who this Whitelisted character belongs to), but all I generally see are level 60's. Are those bots too? Am I a bot because of how active my camp is?

I guess I should start reporting any level 60 that stands around. Including myself because surely these are the tools that are used to broadcast when a wboss spawn, right?

EDIT: I think what the poster was referring to is that the current wbosses aren't even using Blizzard's spawn script/system since the current wbosses are predictable to the second on Nostalrius.

They have been using lvl 1 bots to scout for bosses before someone brought up whole attention to it on forums and like those people said even if attacked bots would deselect you (when you attack someone and he doesnt have target he auto-selects you) and continue searching for NPC (in this case world bosses) the bot was scripted to search.

Azuregos and Kazzak on Nost do not use Blizzlike spawn spot but fixed spawn spot but that is not the issue, bots alerting guilds the same second bosses spawn are the issue here for obvious reason.

Also those some guilds that are using bots to scout for bosses were trying to reset the boss midfight if they didnt tag him on time before other guilds which should be bannable because on retail it was deemed as griefing.
Rashgar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by SnowFlakes » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:16 am

Rashgar wrote:
They have been using lvl 1 bots to scout for bosses before someone brought up whole attention to it on forums and like those people said even if attacked bots would deselect you (when you attack someone and he doesnt have target he auto-selects you) and continue searching for NPC (in this case world bosses) the bot was scripted to search.

Azuregos and Kazzak on Nost do not use Blizzlike spawn spot but fixed spawn spot but that is not the issue, bots alerting guilds the same second bosses spawn are the issue here for obvious reason.

Also those some guilds that are using bots to scout for bosses were trying to reset the boss midfight if they didnt tag him on time before other guilds which should be bannable because on retail it was deemed as griefing.

If you even had a clue what you were talking about you would know that none uses any kind of bots, and if it happened people would get banned fairly quickly. Top guilds on Nostalrius are under a lot more scrutiny than random shit guilds I might add.
oh, ok.
SnowFlakes
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Truuue » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:46 am

SnowFlakes wrote:Not sure why this is a problem to begin with. More spawns is always good.

because they are retarded.
Truuue
Private
Private

by sightclist » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:57 am

Rashgar wrote:
Keftenk wrote:I'm curious if you have been out to Azshara. I'm out there for hours and hours each day, usually. I've noticed some new "bots" (for instance, I don't know who this Whitelisted character belongs to), but all I generally see are level 60's. Are those bots too? Am I a bot because of how active my camp is?

I guess I should start reporting any level 60 that stands around. Including myself because surely these are the tools that are used to broadcast when a wboss spawn, right?

EDIT: I think what the poster was referring to is that the current wbosses aren't even using Blizzard's spawn script/system since the current wbosses are predictable to the second on Nostalrius.

It's clear that this guy has absolutely no idea what's going on. He must just read the forums and assume what he is reading is true and accurate.
sightclist
Grunt
Grunt

by Balerin » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:00 am

Rashgar wrote:

For starters there are no decent or untraceable bot's for 1.12. The game simply isn't advanced enough to allow the kinds of intricate bots that are prevalent in retail WoW today. Anyone "bot" camping world boss spawns would be banned instantly.

The reason the Top guilds get 90% of the kills is because they know the spawn timers down to the exact millisecond, and have the numbers and gear to decimate anyone else who even tries to take it from them.
It's literally as simple as that.
Balerin
Tester

by Rashgar » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:01 am

SnowFlakes wrote:If you even had a clue what you were talking about you would know that none uses any kind of bots, and if it happened people would get banned fairly quickly. Top guilds on Nostalrius are under a lot more scrutiny than random shit guilds I might add.

Oh yeah i forgot you shitlords try to claim bots are just some random "scripts" that dont break rules, same excuse that was used for those AH bots on neutral AHs

Balerin wrote:For starters there are no decent or untraceable bot's for 1.12. The game simply isn't advanced enough to allow the kinds of intricate bots that are prevalent in retail WoW today. Anyone "bot" camping world boss spawns would be banned instantly.

The reason the Top guilds get 90% of the kills is because they know the spawn timers down to the exact millisecond, and have the numbers and gear to decimate anyone else who even tries to take it from them.
It's literally as simple as that.

It seems for you people its out of your mind that someone would make a new account to create a character for botting, its not like on retail where you have to pay money for new account, nothing is stopping them from making new accounts for botting even if they get banned.
Rashgar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Istaria » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:13 am

Rashgar wrote:Oh yeah i forgot you shitlords try to claim bots are just some random "scripts" that dont break rules, same excuse that was used for those AH bots on neutral AHs

That actually is extremely stupid. If your script/addon behaves like a bot it still somehow isn't classified as one. The AH sniper autobuy thingy is definitely the very definition of a (ro)bot, but for some reason nothing is being done to it. It shouldn't matter at all what methods the bot uses to bot, as long as it does stuff that benefits someone on its own / with no user input.

Here's a free tip though to avoid the AH snipers: Kill all the auctioneers in BB and have a friend transfer your stuff over in Tanaris/Winterspring. The guards won't aggro you and neither will you take a reputation penalty. You might piss off a couple AH snipers though but I consider that as a positive :p
Shanyatral / Istaria, Guild Master of <Theorycraft>
(and yes, these days I do stuff for Light's Hope - but never for Nostalrius / Elysium) .
Istaria
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Phyle » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:37 am

I am glad about a higher respawn rate for NPC´s. During questing its really annoying when you have to wait because 10 other players are waiting for one NPC.

But this does not fix the Serverlags, which cause lies in the high population. Is there any chance to improve the servers Hardware to solve this Problem? Or is a second PvP Server really needed?
Phyle
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements