Clustering development insight

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Clustering development insight

by Phyle » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:30 pm

wiseoldenemy wrote:
Pottu wrote:
smilkovpetko wrote:conclusion : i didn't knew that pottu had wrote that.

You're like my ex-wife.

But yes, what Doofoos quoted is correct. And you can form a party or a raid over node borders, send/receive mail over node borders, summon players and whisper/party chat/raid chat over node borders.

pottu when is all this going to actually happen? any idea?

I think it will take some time until this huge update will be up to the server^^
Phyle
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Nagaflex » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:30 am

Does that mean no more phasing between zones?

I'm talking about phasing at the borders of zones like in burning steppes/deadwind pass etc
Nagaflex
Grunt
Grunt

by fordragon77 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:54 am

It almost brings a tear to my eye to see what these devs are doing for vanilla and this community with almost no steady source of income.

This kind of passion is whats missing from the video game industry nowadays, which can create legendary experiences.

I have no idea who these people are, but they are very professional.

Thank you!
fordragon77
Grunt
Grunt

by Phyle » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:29 am

Nagaflex wrote:Does that mean no more phasing between zones?

I'm talking about phasing at the borders of zones like in burning steppes/deadwind pass etc

Yes there will be not Phasing on borders of zones. Pottu wrote a summary of this already.

Pottu wrote:Greetings,

I'll try to answer and clarify few questions.

1) "This will ruin world PvP since people will hide on a different node"

No. We will not implement phasing or instancing on the same map. That would indeed destroy the feel of vanilla WoW. Each node/server will handle either a continent, battlegrounds or dungeon/raid instances. If necessary, these can then be divided further, so a single node handles BWL, another node handles AV, yet another handles Kalimdor and so on. There will not be a situation where two players are in Elwynn Forest and cannot see each other. The video used Elwynn just to prove that the chat works between nodes.

2) "Will this bring in queues?"

No. After a server crash there has always been and will be a short queue as the login server cannot handle thousands of players logging in simultaneously. Outside of that specific case, there won't be any queues.

3) "Will this help with my lag?"

Yes and no. It won't improve the connection lag caused by distance from France or if you have a poor Internet connection. It will improve (possibly completely eliminate) the server delay that can happen with 10k+ players online.

4) "Will view distances improve?"

Yes. View distance is one the most taxing things for the server to handle. Reducing it is thus one the more effective methods to combat server delay. With the burden divided between multiple server-nodes, it will be possible to increase view distances.

5) "CROSS-REALM BATTLEGROUNDS!!!"

Clustering will make Cross-Realms BG a possibility but no promises there as there are more hurdles to overcome.

Hope this helps.

The GM Team.
Phyle
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Dersock » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:52 pm

My concern is that the new found stability will only last a few months before the server is overrun by a second wave of high-ping Chinamen. Then were back to square 1...
Dersock
Grunt
Grunt

by Imbaslap » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:34 pm

Dersock wrote:My concern is that the new found stability will only last a few months before the server is overrun by a second wave of high-ping Chinamen. Then were back to square 1...

won't know until they implement it.
I wonder when they plan on testing it out on the pvp realm.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Dreez » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:15 am

Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Imbaslap » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:51 am

Gnome Uprising Confirmed.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Robotron » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:56 am

Imbaslap wrote:Gnome Uprising Confirmed.

Every single one of those ganomes has a full nappy, and you've got to change all of them!
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by loldiablo » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:42 am

The zone phasing between any ZONES must be destroyed. I have only been able to kite certain elite mobs to kill my own faction thus far and this is a limitation i dont want to endure any longer. In the good old days I could kill all of goldshire and northshire abbey. Right now i am so limited and the dreams of bringing elites from stv across the ocean and into the brill is dead.
loldiablo
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements