Nostalrius Burning Crusade project

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Nostalrius Burning Crusade project

by erlip » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:51 am

Hell yea!!! :D
How much time from PTR to Release? 1-2 mouth?
erlip
Tester

by Kaiji » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:08 am

erlip wrote:Hell yea!!! :D
How much time from PTR to Release? 1-2 mouth?

More like a year.
Kaiji
Sergeant
Sergeant

by snawfu » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:44 am

PTR is stock mangobongo -> will take meny long time to fix )
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dreez » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:11 am

they are hoping for a lot of input from the community, that's why it is open source.

To be honest, I doubt it's going to release in an acceptable condition in a year unless they manage to merge with an other well scripted TBC server...
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Vandrit » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:32 pm

Thanks for the official responses. I know some things are up in the air, but the following very much concerns me:

I want to return to playing on the PvE realm.* I don't mind transferring to TBC PvP, if necessary, but! Will I have to wait until the PvE server has completely progressed before transferring to TBC PvP, which will already have been progressing for X months / years? Will I be able to transfer PvE -> TBC PvP at launch, or will there be a TBC PvE server which launches when vanilla PvE is through progress?

Being in the first hectic rush, the front lines of new content, that's the excitement and reason for me to play : )

*Because of current level of progression and smaller gear gap in PvP
Vandrit
Tester

by Dish » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:42 pm

Just my personal opinion, but I don't think it's realistic to assume that the TBC server will be released before Naxx is cleraed on the PvE server as well (i.e. not before 2018 or late 2017).
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Doofoos » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:35 pm

Dish wrote:Just my personal opinion, but I don't think it's realistic to assume that the TBC server will be released before Naxx is cleraed on the PvE server as well (i.e. not before 2018 or late 2017).

Well, that's doesn't make any sence to thousands of PVP server players, so, splitting future TBC servers in to 2 different servers is the only one logical conclusion.
Let's say opening first and PVP TBC server after 5-6 months of killing KT on PVP server, and second, PVE TBC, after 5-6 months of killing KT on PVE server.
Doofhoof - Tauren Druid - <KGB>
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dish » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:37 pm

I don't mean which timeline makes the most sense, I mean what is a realistic date for the server to be ready for release in terms of development.

Either way it's obviously just speculation, I'd be happy to see it be released faster than I expect it to be.
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by mrmr » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:19 pm

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam
mrmr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Plask » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:01 pm

Seems more a test of development environment. Not really sure how well voluntary testers will work as information basis for a agile/scrum cycle, considering that agile is supposed to cater to customers demands and be very flexible. Well if anything it could atleast help developers be more efficient maybe with the current system, who knows?
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements