Nostalrius Burning Crusade project

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Nostalrius Burning Crusade project

by Uzephi » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:30 am

Daikar wrote:
Doofoos wrote:
Daikar wrote:I'm assuming the last part was a question and I never said there was a blue/green post about it, simply just voiced my wishes. I'll stay on vanilla then because flying mounts ruined the world pvp in Wow.

Well, there still will be enough wpvp in 1-66 lvl locations +Vanilla servers wont go down, so there is no reason to bound yourself to only 1 server ;)

Yeah I know all that, it's just that I would have liked to experience what TBC would have been like without the flying mounts, they made the world feel empty and wpvp boring. Flying mounts made it to easy to jump someone and corpse camp them or run away to safety.

The environment is in the game files locally on your PC. The server does do a md5 check for validity. Blades edge mountain dailies, skettis, all of tempest keep, dragonmaw dailies, and maybe a good chunk of other content would be inaccessible if removing flying. Also, as we know this project is trying to be 100% blizzlike. Removing something that opened up 40% of the level 70 content will not be modified. (Almost all level 70 dailies needed flying, one needed epic flying, one raid and 3 dungeons.)

Edit: elemental plateau in Nagrand needed flying. That place was a wpvp haven on my server. So many trying to farm those motes.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Basard » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:55 am

I'm hoping we get both the PvP and PvE servers open at the same time.
For people saying it should release 3-6 months later are being selfish to those who really want to play TBC on a normal realm.

I hope the Devs agree to this and give us players both choice's on release.
This will stop the forums turning into another round of "please move my char to pve server please" topics.
Basard
Grunt
Grunt

by Zonotrichia » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:10 am

Will the realmlist for the PTR be the same? And do I have to use the same account and password to log in? I'd really like to contribute testing.
Zonotrichia
Tester

by Anmercey » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:15 am

say realmlist and link client please :D
Anmercey
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Sakatoro » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:49 am

Basard wrote:I'm hoping we get both the PvP and PvE servers open at the same time.
For people saying it should release 3-6 months later are being selfish to those who really want to play TBC on a normal realm.

This will stop the forums turning into another round of "please move my char to pve server please" topics.

TBC PvP and TBC PvE Server release at the same time would be awsome. With Cross Battlegrounds and Cross Arena!!!!! it will be the best TBC experience since retail TBC.
WoW Player since July 2005!

2400+ Arenexp TBC/Wotlk/Cata/MoP

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2HPU5 ... 0-4dAE7wUQ
Sakatoro
Grunt
Grunt

by Plask » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:53 pm

Sakatoro wrote:
Basard wrote:I'm hoping we get both the PvP and PvE servers open at the same time.

TBC PvP and TBC PvE Server release at the same time would be awsome. With Cross Battlegrounds and Cross Arena!!!!! it will be the best TBC experience since retail TBC.

Relax, they haven't started yet. Remember it tooks years to get Nost out with MC/ony done at start. TBC isn't gonna be done in a year even if they port stuff, alot of mechanics is different in TBC. This takes time like any other server.
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by twothousandk » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:01 pm

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiits TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME
twothousandk
Private
Private

by Niko » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:11 pm

cya in arenas idiets
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Spooky Business » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:09 am

KRONOS BTFO YET AGAIN LOL
Cuckington
Spooky Business
Private
Private