Financial Announcement

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Financial Announcement

by Diametra » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:12 am

Wait a sec, perhaps I can't read. Is that last sentence of Nano's last post suggesting if we can't come to a consensus, that things would just revert back to the way they were?

Well....of course we're not going to be able to come to a consensus in this fashion, because the 10 or so people talking here weren't elected to represent any group of people. We can't vote for anyone else, and in this forum not only can the entire pop not vote, but the grand majority of people won't even be aware there is something to have an opinion about.

If you'd like to get cash mangement out of your hands, think about if it is posible to help to set up a system by which that could exist.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Cousy » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:21 am

Pretty sure that was his nice way of saying "If you don't like it, you don't have to donate."
Cousy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Diametra » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:24 am

That's what I originally thought too. I'm perplexed by all of this really.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Hammersplat » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:28 am

Diametra wrote:That's what I originally thought too. I'm perplexed by all of this really.

take a deep breath and relax. 275 Euros a month is a small amount of money for this many people, the idea of guilds, small groups (even streamers) raising it in such tiny amounts is a brilliant idea. It can probably be done in many ways. Find your own group and work it out, every group could gather it differently. Every person doesn't have to do it to make it work either.
Hammersplat
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Arx_1 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:34 am

Dear Nostalrius, I don't like this.

I don't like the idea of trusting anyone with money.

Women sell their bodies for 100 Euros. There are European countries where a monthly average worker's salary is 400 euros.

If you want us to support Nostalrius, find a way where each of us can donate small sums directly to keeping the server up and running. That means, set up an account that will be connected directly with the service that maintains the servers which will accept individual small payments every month.

There is no need for middlemen. Personally, I won't entrust anyone with my money just as I wouldn't irl.
Arx_1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Diametra » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:35 am

That is a link for only one piece of hardware for one month. Full payment will be needed, not many individual payments. Yes, it is possible it could just be cobbled together every month.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Vanit » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:02 am

Although a nice, and simple, idea, I don't think this will work out. If you want to be transparent just publish your accounting.
Vanit
Tester

by Codeine » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:16 am

I'm not a rich person, but I can pay it, though the risk of not being reimbursed by the community is a concern.
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Loopins » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:06 am

Maybe a new section to the forums about funding might be a good idea.

Then guilds and individuals can post what solutions they have set up and if others want to donate to that system they have the choice.

Then each individual chooses who and how they pay if they want to. Much clearer and much easier for people to donate...over time people will reply to that specific thread and people will start to see which one is more trusted than another.
Loopins
Tester

by TheDrim1 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:09 am

So basically we sit and wait for the true king of Nostalrius to take his place on the throne.

I for one am going to be quite gracious to our new rich overlord.
TheDrim1
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements