Expiration dates. Updated 9 march.
Hardware #1: Expiration date, 19th May 2016
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Financial Announcement

by Discarta » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:15 pm

Imbaslap wrote:
Discarta wrote:the biggest mistake of this thread is the fact the original post is in english. We need a chinese translation so that the majority of the server population can chip in

8-) so true.

Glad you agree, people like to dismiss comments like the one I made, thinking it's somehow offensive/racist. But people should also remember that a lot of chinese goldfarmers and accountsellers are making big money on Nostalrius.

Lv60 accounts go around for easily 500 to 750 euros. No idea how much the goldsellers ask, haven't checked that out.
That kind of money could fuel the server for a couple of months, you know?

It's absolutely horrifying if us regular players would chip in for the servercosts while people that can't even understand the forums earn big money of the hard work of the Nostalrius team.
If there is anyone here that can speak/write chinese, you would do the entire Nostalrius team a huge favor if you translated the original post and start spreading it out to as many chinese players as you can.
Discarta
Private
Private

by linkitcraig » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:56 pm

Discarta wrote:
Imbaslap wrote:
Discarta wrote:the biggest mistake of this thread is the fact the original post is in english. We need a chinese translation so that the majority of the server population can chip in

8-) so true.

Glad you agree, people like to dismiss comments like the one I made, thinking it's somehow offensive/racist. But people should also remember that a lot of chinese goldfarmers and accountsellers are making big money on Nostalrius.

Lv60 accounts go around for easily 500 to 750 euros. No idea how much the goldsellers ask, haven't checked that out.
That kind of money could fuel the server for a couple of months, you know?

It's absolutely horrifying if us regular players would chip in for the servercosts while people that can't even understand the forums earn big money of the hard work of the Nostalrius team.
If there is anyone here that can speak/write chinese, you would do the entire Nostalrius team a huge favor if you translated the original post and start spreading it out to as many chinese players as you can.

Implying they'd help pay :D
linkitcraig
Private
Private

by Caedum » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:57 pm

Looking and asking some guys I knew that were looking into buying, you're looking at 300eur for a preraid bis with epic mount.

But yeah, it's unlikely someone would pay with that money, nor would the admins be happy with that.
Caedum
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Codeine » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:21 am

Yeah, it's retarded the english speaking users are paying for the server and we have the Chinese here en mass ruining the server, just by their sheer numbers and disrespect for one another. Something has to give, get rid of the chinese for a more enjoyable server, i'm sure more people would gladly donate.
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by chookchan » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:43 am

Jawohl wrote:Well i just payed for this month, it was coming due 23.3 . So, we have one month to work with.

http://kuvauppi.fi/view/output/GUID/44C79600-C920-C9E5-5621-614D7B5BF080/size/default/untitled.jpg

You're the real MVP mate, whenever you need the payments make sure you make a new thread with the link so we can pay you back.
Beware Verycoolguy, hired by Mr Stormwind himself to slay the pitiful horde of durotar
https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37506
chookchan
Grunt
Grunt

by netameta » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:28 am

melak wrote:Why not go with what some guy suggest earlier : aka setup a site that people can donate through (via paypal) and make it all automatic, which also would allow tracking of donations and when the money is then sent/collected by the host company.

yea that was my idea, and in my opinion the most valid honest transparent way.

Ghostly wrote:
melak wrote:i rather have paypal handle it automaticly through an account, which we all donate to, once setup, no manual work required.

Obviously it's the best solution, but you'll need someone to code it. And I bet there's a requirement to enter CAPTCHA at some point as well.

Yea offered it, i offered also to code it. it shouldnt be a problem at all, would take a day or 3 at most. No idea why you need captchas but even that isnt a problem.

Also for all you saying sever is full of Chinese players - that was the same way in vanilla wow, Either way with them or without them if bills aren't paid you geniuses have to start playing another server.
netameta
Private
Private

by melak » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:57 am

netameta wrote:
melak wrote:Why not go with what some guy suggest earlier : aka setup a site that people can donate through (via paypal) and make it all automatic, which also would allow tracking of donations and when the money is then sent/collected by the host company.

yea that was my idea, and in my opinion the most valid honest transparent way.

Ghostly wrote:
melak wrote:i rather have paypal handle it automaticly through an account, which we all donate to, once setup, no manual work required.

Obviously it's the best solution, but you'll need someone to code it. And I bet there's a requirement to enter CAPTCHA at some point as well.

Yea offered it, i offered also to code it. it shouldnt be a problem at all, would take a day or 3 at most. No idea why you need captchas but even that isnt a problem.

Also for all you saying sever is full of Chinese players - that was the same way in vanilla wow, Either way with them or without them if bills aren't paid you geniuses have to start playing another server.

I could help you if needed, but we should take this to the admins as a suggestion. If a system like this was put in place, i wouldent mind donating every month 8-)
A mage is never late
melak
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by netameta » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:16 am

A system like this is fairly simple to implement. like i said above.

If people like the idea, back it up and we can get it going once we have an ok from the community and admins.
netameta
Private
Private

by Codeine » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:53 am

Whats to stop the random guy from writing it to send money to a different paypal after a while?
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements