Vanilla's world most populated server

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Vanilla's world most populated server

by alex85eu » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:51 am

Guys its over 9k ... if that view loading distance gets any shorter i wont be able to see critters in front of me.
alex85eu
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ExpJustice » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:25 am

Its weird when the biggest problem you hear about, as someone who REALLY wants to start here, is the fact that the population is to big. Is it even worth to currently start on nostalrius, or shoud people rather wait? For their own and the sake of others?
ExpJustice
Private
Private

by Trikson » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:29 pm

that's even strangest to reply with these words ExpJustice: Wait. Currently with 9k online and high population in starting/low lvl zones (I'm only 15 atm) you start seeing mobs after you have entered combat with them. You can picture the rest of this scenario.
Trikson
Tester

by flashback » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:18 pm

It can be "the worst populated server" very soon, if devs are not going to do something with online rate. We claim for second server for a long time. Its a need.... Wait... Its not only need, I think, its already a destiny.
I'm Russian. In our country we have vodka, balalaika, matreshka, bears... and also a "Topol-M" :D
flashback
Grunt
Grunt

by tuscany » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:55 pm

The huge population is epic as heck. There are plenty of dead vanilla servers out there for people to reroll to if they wish.
Tuscany - Human Warrior - Level 38 - <lets get weird>
tuscany
Private
Private

by pattyb » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:47 am

Great server, I got to level 21 but I'm just waiting for them to do something about the overcrowding. It's too much to fight through it anymore.
pattyb
Tester

by Everz » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:51 am

Perhaps it's because I am Alliance that I am having little of the issues described, or perhaps it's the zone I am in (Wetlands) and the level (25) that I seldom seem to have any issues with overcrowding.

That being said, If a 10k mark is reached.. 5k is a massively sustainable population for a second server, of which I'd be a strong advocate of.
Everz
Private
Private

by Mendosa » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:31 pm

Call me a sucker but the vanilla experience is way too nostalgic for me, I had to donate.

Sent ya 10 Euros, hoping you guys get enough for a second server and another realm (pve). I just joined but already seeing issues with overpop and lag, as mentioned here already.
Mendosa
Tester

by azreal313 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:06 pm

Soooo when will we get the news?
~Maeven~
I masturbate to the hate.
azreal313
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Siren » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:37 pm

As much as I love playing on a server full of people, I really don't like competing for every single monster in a quest for every quest for every level until the very last levels. The zones are huuuugely overpopulated for people in starting areas and they just give up and the cycle repeats with new players. If we had another server and a free transfer (temporarily) I believe that the population could increase and the crowding would be dramatically reduced.
Siren
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements