Vanilla's world most populated server

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Vanilla's world most populated server

by Noxm » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:41 pm

Triguanor wrote:We need to create a second server!

Viper wrote:The gamers keep coming in from all over the world to play, which makes it very difficult to complete quests and kill creatures. Respawn rates are the ones used on retail: perfect for the 2.500 players allowed back then, but a nightmare when we're more than 5.000 players. The case we face every day. Players have been asking for another realm, but this will imply more Game Masters, more ressources, and the possibility that the new realm will not work as the current one. Even though developping cross-server battlegrounds was one of our dreams, we chose to keep the current one. Consequently, to deal with this issue, a respawns algorithm will be developped soon to have a dynamic respawn rate comparable of the one from retail but dealing with more than 2x/3x population.
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Hogbobson » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:47 pm

Noxm wrote:
Triguanor wrote:We need to create a second server!

Viper wrote:The gamers keep coming in from all over the world to play, which makes it very difficult to complete quests and kill creatures. Respawn rates are the ones used on retail: perfect for the 2.500 players allowed back then, but a nightmare when we're more than 5.000 players. The case we face every day. Players have been asking for another realm, but this will imply more Game Masters, more ressources, and the possibility that the new realm will not work as the current one. Even though developping cross-server battlegrounds was one of our dreams, we chose to keep the current one. Consequently, to deal with this issue, a respawns algorithm will be developped soon to have a dynamic respawn rate comparable of the one from retail but dealing with more than 2x/3x population.

Even so, if the numbers keep increasing, eventually the devs will either have to impose a pop limit with queue, and/or create another server. Barrens at peak hours, for one, is absolutely mental right now. I've never seen an inn keeper buried in people. :lol:
I can see that another server is perhaps not quite desirable right now, but with donations and volounteers, why should it not be possible?
Hogbobson
Grunt
Grunt

by azreal313 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:41 pm

deppierre wrote:
NB: A patch will be applied tomorrow morning between 08:00 and 09:00 GMT+1, during the time when the amount of players online is lowest. The realm may be unstable for one hour during this time.

Whats the content of this patch ?
Thanks

Retroactively changing mob spawn times based on the amount of people around.
~Maeven~
I masturbate to the hate.
azreal313
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Daemon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:48 pm

The update we applied this morning should improve server performance a bit (~10%), and fixes bugs. You will have a complete patchnote tomorrow.
Spawn rates are not modified for now.
Daemon
Administrator
Administrator

by deppierre » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:17 pm

Spawn rates are not modified for now.

Sad :(, I will wait for this, I cant play with 3 guys on the same mob ...
deppierre
Tester

by Zonyx » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:26 pm

Can you please link a donation page in english? And is it possible to donate without having a paypal account? I don't wanna create one, but I'd like to help you out moneywise.
Cheers!

PS: Keep up the great work, we all really appreciate it :)
Zonyx
Tester

by dstar » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:09 pm

Can you setup a goal in a dollar amount that you need to upgrade to a better system? I want to donate because I am a huge supporter of what you guys are doing but am not sure to what extent I would be helping.
dstar
Grunt
Grunt

by Hexxd » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:49 pm

I threw 10 euros on that fire 8-)

Keep up the great work!
Hexxd
Tester

by eFFeRR » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:02 pm

When my Paladin gets his Redemption skill I will decide to donate.
eFFeRR
Grunt
Grunt

by Fester » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:04 pm

Donation link in English please.
Fester
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements