Vanilla's world most populated server

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Vanilla's world most populated server

by Gingerpope » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:42 pm

Hello! I am a new player to Nostalrius, but what I'm wondering about is if there are any plans to start a new server if the donations keep coming. So my question is just if that server will be a normal pve realm or if it possibly could be a roleplay realm :> ? Would be nice to not be ganked during a roleplay event!
Gingerpope
Tester

by Talryx » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:27 pm

I swear to god if one more person asks for a RP realm.........

Look I'm not trying to be a dick but there maybe, MAYBE 100 plays in the entire server who RP.

If they make a second realm, it would be nice if it could draw a couple thousand players, rather than like, 100.
Talryx
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Gingerpope » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:48 pm

An RP server is essentially just a PVE realm with a RP tag, so honestly it would work just as fine as it would with a pve realm tag, though the rpers would flock to the other realm.

Simple solution! No need to be so angry, take a chill pill!
Gingerpope
Tester

by kawaiimilo54 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:30 pm

Natla wrote:
Viper wrote: A status of the donation will be available on the website.

The question is : what are you guys waiting for ? It's been 4 months and this little feature is still not there. The server is lagging and you need the money to upgrade your hardware as soon as possible.

Same question.
Waiting this answer to donate, I like wow vanilla... Without lags!
kawaiimilo54
Tester

by ognennyy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:50 pm

The high server population is excellent. It's so nice to have a place to come to play and get the original Vanilla experience. Everything to date is wonderful, and keep up the great work!

On the other hand the population is getting a little carried away. I realize that a new realm, or hardware upgrades, or both, cost money and I have donated. In the meantime before new realms or hardware are available, perhaps it's time to start thinking about a login cap on the server. It's a little insane at peak time, pings anywhere from 2-4 second delay.

The developers and GMs have been open and communicated honestly about everything up until this point. The ping reported by Nostalrius is the only exception I have noted. At peak time with 7k players online and a ping 4-5 seconds, the game reported ping still shows 150ms. Please stop manipulating this number in order to make the server more appealing to the general population, and be honest with this as you have with all other things.

Thanks!
ognennyy
Private
Private

by Macho » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:56 pm

Gingerpope wrote:An RP server is essentially just a PVE realm with a RP tag, so honestly it would work just as fine as it would with a pve realm tag, though the rpers would flock to the other realm.

Simple solution! No need to be so angry, take a chill pill!

Nowadays, yes.. long ago when Blizz gave a damn there used to be GMs that played RP Police and made sure most everyone was in character and follows the RP rules.
The Star-Spangled Superstar

AWWWWW NOSTALRIUS.. DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR! CLAP FOR YOUR CHAMP AND FEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAAH!
Macho
Private
Private

by Pottu » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:13 pm

ognennyy wrote:The developers and GMs have been open and communicated honestly about everything up until this point. The ping reported by Nostalrius is the only exception I have noted. At peak time with 7k players online and a ping 4-5 seconds, the game reported ping still shows 150ms. Please stop manipulating this number in order to make the server more appealing to the general population, and be honest with this as you have with all other things.

Thanks!

The ping is correct - it measures the time taken for a packet to travel between your client and the server. The extra delay that happens when the server is under heavy load is just that: server side. Your connection is still the same 150 ms but the server needs an extra hundred milliseconds or two to process the command that you issued.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by holypicklez » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:17 pm

Where are we on the upgraded hardware? Are there enough donations? What number are we trying to hit here?
holypicklez
Tester

by ultimatez » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:00 pm

holypicklez wrote:Where are we on the upgraded hardware? Are there enough donations? What number are we trying to hit here?

This, this, this.
ultimatez
Grunt
Grunt

by Vancis » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:40 pm

I wonder if some sort of load balancing couldn't be implemented to separately handle player requests on Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms, then there could be additional server for BGs and dungeons. Retail had less players but lets remember what kind of hardware was available 10 years ago. :)
Vancis
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements