Vanilla's world most populated server

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Vanilla's world most populated server

by Mr_Rosh » Wed May 27, 2015 11:54 am

Babuzze wrote:maybe different channels are the answer ? ;)

A different channel might solve the problem ! ;)
Mr_Rosh
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by leetlazzy » Thu May 28, 2015 9:30 pm

The population is just too big. We need a way to spread out the players I don't know the correct solution but there needs to be one.

When you try to play at the 7-8k peak the delay is annoying.

The amount of people camping one area for quest mobs is way too high. The View distance that is set in place for the server to have more players really kills the life of the game. Seeing people / mobs disappear right in front of you because of the view distance reduction to help combat the server lag is annoying.

This game is perfect at night when 3k-4k people are online. It's still a bit crowded in low level zones but it's tolerable. The server delay also goes away and the server still feels alive.

7-8k people is just way to much and needs to be addressed . People are ignoring the part where eventually if the 7-8k people hit max level those 7-8k people WILL NOT be so spread out anymore and it will lead to even BIGGER problems down the road.

We need a solution now not later.
leetlazzy
Private
Private

by leetlazzy » Thu May 28, 2015 9:34 pm

People are ignoring the fact that eventually these 6-8k players that are spread out will eventually hit level 60. Think about that.

You think the lag is annoying atm? Wait till these people are all in the same areas farming the same mobs for rep/items/gold.
Last edited by leetlazzy on Fri May 29, 2015 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
leetlazzy
Private
Private

by pattyb » Thu May 28, 2015 9:57 pm

It's almost unplayable right now. Try doing a quest where theres 20 people in the same cave in Loch Modan (which is less populated than red ridge). Also try leveling mining. When the draw distance is reduced it seems like the range that you can detect ores is aswell, not to mention all the other people mining makes it impossible. Its way overcrowded. Something should be done.

Vanilla wasn't designed for this many people to be on the same server. I think somewhere between 3.5-4.5k seems to be when it plays good and it still feels a little overpopulated but not impossible.
pattyb
Tester

by Lepps » Sun May 31, 2015 4:28 am

My idea would to be to have two servers but with the same database.

For example you have a character on both realms which is a copy of the other. Basically its just two seperate instances of the world with the same characters.
Real heroes are forged in ice and fire.
Lepps
Private
Private

by HolgerDanske » Sun May 31, 2015 12:15 pm

Quazzle wrote:I would say make it Blizzlike. No crossrealm BG's. I would really love to see it seperated into a pve and pvp server. Players on the pvp server can once switch to the pve one.
I don't think we need everyone on the one server and if they are slightly different, where is the issue?
You did absolutly amazing work and it feels total like I remember it and I don't mind the bugs that are happening, it is part of the game.
Even retail had dupe exploits etc, still it worked out fine.
Please go ahead and make it multiple servers :)
You guys can manage that, I am sure there will be ways to find gm's etc and it is better then trying to play around respawnrate etc. Cause at some places the respawn is already high, in others there is no at all (feeled).

Also, if you can give us an englisch paypal link I will look if I can spare some money! Thanks for the great project.

Agreed, i would also love to see a pve server,as i am getting SO tired of all the griefing and camping in world now.
I absolutly love this server,and what has been accomplished in terms of scripting,stability and the retail feel of the server,but people can be real a-holes and sometimes makes the game unplayable. With a PvE and a PvP server, you can cater to both types of players,and everyone would be a little happier. It would also solve the population problem,which will only get worse as more players join.
HolgerDanske
Tester

by pinacolata » Sun May 31, 2015 6:31 pm

i say it would be amazing to nostalrius to launch the first good private PvE realm of wow vanilla in existence.
pinacolata
Grunt
Grunt

by flashback » Sun May 31, 2015 8:02 pm

Over 9000. Its the most of the most populated vanilla private server in the world...
I'm Russian. In our country we have vodka, balalaika, matreshka, bears... and also a "Topol-M" :D
flashback
Grunt
Grunt

by fish » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:20 am

I agree with others, at this point, it's time to open a 2nd server. If money is the issue, let people donate for a short period of time
fish
Sergeant
Sergeant

by sascha1es » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:45 am

It became much worse in the past month. When I started I already thought the low level areas were already unplayable. Now I hit 60, wanted to start a new character and it just got ridiculous! Your goal is to make this server as blizzlike as possible, while ignoring the fact, that a population of 9000 is NOT BLIZZLIKE! Azeroth just wasn't designed to have so many people running around there. Please realize that.
If money is the problem I'm sure a lot of people would donate for a new server, considering how many people want a new one.
If personnel is the problem, again, I'm sure a lot of people who have experienc on other servers as GMs are interested to help.
This is inevitable, as problems will only get worse. The later you do it the more difficult it will get with guilds and friends being torn apart (some might prefer pvp, some a pve server. Some might want to stay on the original, some might want to play on a lesser populated server)
The sooner you implement a new server, the easier and faster a community will grow there.
It just is the only solution as you can't increase the size of Azeroth and a higher spawnrate would make soloing some quests impossible, especially in caves.
For all of you who do not understand the problem with this population, just start a new charakter and try to do quests or actually find some mobs.
sascha1es
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements