News regarding banhammer of accounts because of gold sellers

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: News regarding banhammer of accounts because of gold sel

by varth » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:29 pm

That's good news, I know for many even just getting back a naked lvl 60 is better than leveling from scratch.
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by dootdootdoot » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:30 pm

St0rfan wrote:This is all well, but how will this help players who has had their account hacked (but not password changed). My guildmate, and an important member of my guilds leadership had his account hacked in this breach and got all stuff in his inventor vendored, as well as all gold removed. Against our warnings he reported this to nostalrius admins in good faith and had his account banned for it. The precedent you are setting is that you shouldnt ask for help if you get hacked because then you will loose your account alltogether.

Legitimate account retrievals should in my mind also get their gold and items restored, if the logs can back up the claims, or the user can with screenshots, realmplayers links or other.

EDIT: I will make it clear that we're speaking of a very responsible person now who takes account security VERY seriously.

Using the same username and password as on another site. THATS SOME SERIOUS ACCOUNT SECURITY
dootdootdoot
Grunt
Grunt

by St0rfan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:47 pm

dootdootdoot wrote:
St0rfan wrote:This is all well, but how will this help players who has had their account hacked (but not password changed). My guildmate, and an important member of my guilds leadership had his account hacked in this breach and got all stuff in his inventor vendored, as well as all gold removed. Against our warnings he reported this to nostalrius admins in good faith and had his account banned for it. The precedent you are setting is that you shouldnt ask for help if you get hacked because then you will loose your account alltogether.

Legitimate account retrievals should in my mind also get their gold and items restored, if the logs can back up the claims, or the user can with screenshots, realmplayers links or other.

EDIT: I will make it clear that we're speaking of a very responsible person now who takes account security VERY seriously.

Using the same username and password as on another site. THATS SOME SERIOUS ACCOUNT SECURITY

I suppose it is word against word, but my friend claims he never used the same account name OR password ANYWHERE else.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Padarius » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:58 pm

Thank you so much!
Shop Smart, Shop Padsmart
Padarius
Grunt
Grunt

by Mencius » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:06 pm

Smallfry666 wrote:How do us wrongly banned players go about getting our accounts unbanned?

Create a thread in the "Account Issues" subforum in the Support forum: https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewforum.php?f=65

Give them your character name and server and maybe describe any transactions that could have led to a false gold trafficking ban (or if you were hacked, describe when/what happened).

Thank you Nost team and I hope everyone who was wrongfully caught in the ban wave gets their accounts back soon!
Mencius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:21 pm

Solanche wrote:Are we getting the stuff back that expired in the mailbox while we were banned?

I think that we should be happy to just get our accounts unbanned.

They announced nothing will be restored in regards of.. items/gold. I wouldn't push it.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Robotron » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:27 pm

I'm glad to see this. Two of my (hacked) guildies were banned as collateral damage as a result of this recent ban wave, so hopefully they'll be able to play for us again.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Imbaslap » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:54 pm

inb4 robotron claims all cows are guilty.

but nice to see an announcement about this situation though. huge improvement from the dark days of old where a whisper was heard in the night.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by varth » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:02 pm

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by TheFishyOne » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:04 am

Kudos to the Nost staff for punching these losers right in the wallet!

On that note, if people just quit patronizing these cyberthugs, they'd go away of their own accord and the problem would solve itself. We came to Nost to relive the Vanilla experience as veterans, and no longer newbs, and that sometimes means the more neckbeardy activities of the WoW that was. If you are forking over real life money to someone so that they can experience all that Vanilla goodness in your place, then why are you even here?

Only Munkees buy gold. Don't be a Munkee.
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements