Re: Nostalrius Final Days

by Bluefear » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:51 pm

Badtank didn't die for this
Bluefear
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kaiji » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:53 pm

I boycotted the -//- company masquerading as "Blizzard" years ago. Hopefully now more people will do so.

Disgusting.
Last edited by Kaiji on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaiji
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fenja » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:53 pm

I'm so sad
I'm losing so many good friends :(
Fenja
Grunt
Grunt

by Denbts » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:54 pm

This server was a consumer revolt in its purest form. I doubt any of us would be playing classic if we didn't hate what WoW had become. Judging by how prominent this server and its competitors became, I think it's safe to say that we've actually cost Activision-Blizzard a fair bit of money.

Good. Let's keep going.

If they didn't want this happening, they could have opened legacy servers years ago, like the players asked, instead of responding "You don't want that. You think you do, but you actually don't."(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuOYmqSF6OQ)
Or alternatively, they could have not made all permutations of WoW past TBC suck dick. Original Blizzard died when Activision bought it, and this is just the kind of corporate backlash I'd expect from new Blizzard -- ruining their own game and then trying to squash all other alternatives out of impotent anger.

Diablo 3, New WoW, Sc2's utterly inane and childish storyline, and now this. I'm not going to give Blizzard any more business.
Denbts
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ayron » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:54 pm

Was just a matter of time.

In all WoW related forums people were praising and talking about this server. Blizzard were deleting threads after threads on their offical forums, mmo-champion mods were deleting em, reddit wow sub were deleting nost threads etc.

I mean they even made twitch ban people for streaming Nostalrius gameplay to keep it hush hush as much they could.

See you guys in Kronos.
Ayron
Private
Private

by haxbandito » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:55 pm

Thanks for everything, guys. I met so many amazing people on Nostalrius this past year, and hope for the best in this sour turn of events.
Kayleighjo - Lvl 60 Holy Paladin
<Reserved>
haxbandito
Private
Private

by darkreignfox » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:56 pm

Also very sad to see the server go.

Was having a lot of fun reliving the old warlock and hunter mechanics.

: (

Must admit this actually makes me dislike Blizzard, doubt Ill buy one of their products again, wasn't like this server was hurting them or asking for a monthly subscription.
darkreignfox
Grunt
Grunt

by Ritzy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:56 pm

Sad way to end it, but big props to the Nost team for everything they accomplished.
Ritzy
Private
Private

by Lifealert » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:57 pm

CORE

CRAFT
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Snagprophet » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:57 pm

The Burning Legion has come for us all!

The idea that we can move the server and save everyone's characters feels like the Eredar fleeing the burning legion.
Snagprophet
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements