First official update since Nostalrius shutdown

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: First official update since Nostalrius shutdown

by Berzerker500 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:40 pm

Is there any news out soon? would be nice to have instructions few days before having the core released. :)
Berzerker500
Tester

by rac » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:46 am

how do i opt in to getting my account data? i would like to do that please
rac
Tester

by lalazors » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:26 am

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743584206#1

what the fauk.. pristine server, hope they are joking, just bring the servers back oml.. or lets nostalrius continue fucking bullshit!
lalazors
Private
Private

by Letokteren » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:59 am

lalazors wrote:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743584206#1

what the fauk.. pristine server, hope they are joking, just bring the servers back oml.. or lets nostalrius continue fucking bullshit!

In that post, they say they'll have some sort of discussion with the Nostalrius team. Could we get a confirmation on this?

Other than that it's great that they are finally speaking, and that they are getting in touch with the Nostalrius team. However, I don't understand a thing they are saying.

Difficulties in getting it running? Just download the latest vanilla commit from Gitlab or any version control you use, install it on an old rig if you don't want to hassle with compatibility issues and bamm, there you go. I think they want to make legacy WoW reachable from the current version, and that is their concern. Why would they want to do that? Of course that's a lot of work! That would mean two games in one. Don't do that! Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 still uses the old Battlenet. You are not committed to the new Battle.net. Real ID wasn't even a thing in vanilla, so there's no reason to have it in a legacy server. I think they really don't see that we are talking about two really different games.

A pristine server is just a hardcore server. It would be interesting, but it's not a real answer to the issue at hand.

Which game was it? Runescape? If I remember correctly, they have just released their own version of legacy servers. If they could do it, what would be the problem for Blizzard?
Last edited by Letokteren on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Letokteren
Grunt
Grunt

by Justtocomment » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:10 am

nagroth wrote:
Quickbowjob wrote:@Justtocomment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Oh thank you so much for that. Apt for the conversation. His/her basic thought process is, you were "stealing" in the first place why not just 1 up the game? Did u ever think the moral code of the Nostalrius devs is what made this community so great in the first place? Just because you would be willing to set aside your morals doesn't mean you can attack others for upholding something they believe. Not only was Nostalrius offering something that was, and still is currently unavailable as a game, they were making no profit while sinking countless man hours into it. Methinks someone is just bitter for losing their toon, and is now lashing out at the very people that made it such a wonderful experience to play in the first place.

*BTW this was directed more at @Justtocomment than what I quoted. Quickbowjob's quote just summed up my ramblings in a much more hilarious way.

I've never played on Nostalrius and I don't give f*** about Vanilla. "Not only was Nostalrius offering something that was, and still is currently unavailable as a game" - Braking law is breaking law there is no "we're passionate" so it doesn't count? Only 10 year old's can say that (no offence). Private server is private server.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, "stealing" 10 year old copyrighted content is same as "stealing" current / 1 year old one (WoD).

There is no "moral code" in hosting a private server, since day 1 you already knew that there is a chance of Blizzard taking down your server since you took their copyrighted content. So don't be "suprised", they already took down countless server and they will keep doing it.

Quote from Blizzard's Employee: "Why not just let Nostalrius continue the way it was? The honest answer is, failure to protect against intellectual property infringement would damage Blizzard’s rights. This applies to anything that uses WoW’s IP, including unofficial servers. And while we’ve looked into the possibility – there is not a clear legal path to protect Blizzard’s IP and grant an operating license to a pirate server. "
Justtocomment
Tester

by Roadbl0ck » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:23 am

So is it now safe to assume Blizzard dangles the carrot of "pristine" current expansion realms and "talks with some Nost team members over the coming weeks" in exchange for Nost standing down on releasing their fixes to Mangos + player database?

So we basically get absolutely nothing of substance and they deflate the situation for a few weeks until it's old news and people move on.
Unfortunately my original forum account was locked out.
You can find my previous posts here.
Roadbl0ck
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ritjos71 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:20 am

Justtocomment wrote:I've never played on Nostalrius and I don't give f*** about Vanilla. "Not only was Nostalrius offering something that was, and still is currently unavailable as a game" - Braking law is breaking law there is no "we're passionate" so it doesn't count? Only 10 year old's can say that (no offence). Private server is private server.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, "stealing" 10 year old copyrighted content is same as "stealing" current / 1 year old one (WoD).

There is no "moral code" in hosting a private server, since day 1 you already knew that there is a chance of Blizzard taking down your server since you took their copyrighted content. So don't be "suprised", they already took down countless server and they will keep doing it.

Quote from Blizzard's Employee: "Why not just let Nostalrius continue the way it was? The honest answer is, failure to protect against intellectual property infringement would damage Blizzard’s rights. This applies to anything that uses WoW’s IP, including unofficial servers. And while we’ve looked into the possibility – there is not a clear legal path to protect Blizzard’s IP and grant an operating license to a pirate server. "

Only a child would see what was happening here as "stealing". I don't know about any of the other people playing on Nost, but I bought my copy of vanilla wow. Blizzard decided I wasn't allowed to use it anymore. That quote from blizzard is a lie, it has been done before by Everquest. You can sell/give licenses away, essentially saying Nost is a Blizzard Approved server. As someone who doesn't give a fuck about vanilla, it makes your opinion here pretty much worthless. You think you are shining any light on any of this by saying nost was "breaking the law". Anyone who played on Nost is very aware of it considering our server was taken from us. So how about you keep your justtocomments to yourself, or the blizz forums where you and your buddies can just agree with eachother about how awesome garrisons and double jumping demon hunters are.
Last edited by Pottu on Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Pruned quote pyramid
ritjos71
Sergeant
Sergeant

by DruDown » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:17 pm

@@@@@Justtocomment , u said "I've never played on Nostalrius and I don't give f*** about Vanilla"
i say: SO STFU IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT ARE YOU TALKinG ABOUT, IDIOT. Same would be if i would know nothing about cars but will tell everyone they suck and i dotn want to drive any of them because cars are deathbringer....... you are the worst fangay of blizzard, dude, im over 30 and i played games since the early days, even the wc2 battle net edition while u not even borned.
For you games should be easy as hell, easy to controle and everything should set down to a novice level- comeon. Maybe you shut the fuck up if you have no backround informations? You should shut your mouth if you have 0 exp. for any topic which is discussed, gtfo
This DD pimp playa OG Dru Down, drawin down on bustas like yoself!
Mack playas, ballas, grindas. Yeeeah I'm the real true pimp of the year. Will ya feel me?
DruDown
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Heycousin! » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:36 pm

Let's not hurl insults around.
Last edited by Pottu on Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam, insults
Heycousin!
Grunt
Grunt

by Justtocomment » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:14 pm

"That quote from blizzard is a lie, it has been done before by Everquest."
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... 963?page=1

Won't answer on insults but yea there is your quote from Blizzard employee that I quoted if you don't believe check it out.

I'm just normal Private server player who have played on every expansion (including vanilla).
Every server can get "letter" from Blizzard like Nostalrius did and they can decide to simply relocate server to
another country or shutdown like Nost' Admins did.

Have a nice day! ...try NOT to be cancerous and just swear / insult without any constructive comment.
Justtocomment
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements