First official update since Nostalrius shutdown

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: First official update since Nostalrius shutdown

by Fair » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:55 am

I understand the frustration but this is a little bigger now than your characters
Fair
Grunt
Grunt

by phyriel » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:03 am

Lol you people are stupid. What were u expecting. Ofc they got bullied by blizzard. Blizzard already got hurt from this whole Nostalrius thing so they probably just used their lawyers to threaten aka "Ok guys so you kill your community somehow or we wont settle with you instead we will destroy your lives". I knew it would happen like that the moment I learned individual persons got targeted by Blizz. There is none that will play macho vs multi billion dollar train.
phyriel
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by d3zzo » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:13 am

I really think you can do more with all those youtubers, newspapers and this massive hype that is falling down with each day. You're the first private server that received such huge attention from not just the gaming world, but even in regular press from all around the world. You've gathered the biggest and the best community that I've ever seen on wow private servers ( and I've been playing on both retail / private servers for at least 10 years).
Sadly, seems like you're going to let it go just like this. All those 150k active players ( I think after that hype it would be even 300k players on "new" server ) will just shatter on many meaningless servers or stop playing wow at all ( personally, this is my choice before I'll find another server with that great development).
I can understand your decision. Still, I really hoped that you will be that first server that will stand against blizzard and show them how much wow vanilla was about people and community.
Sorry but I don't belive in power of any internet petition, that would make blizzard change their minds. They're just a multi billion company. Corrupted and rotten from the ground. The times, when they listened to their players are gone for a very long time. I see at least several reasons why the won't create legacy servers in the current form ( maybe after adding full-casual + full-microtransaction's p2w stuff ).
For the last time, thank you for everything you did about Nostalrius. Especially the opportunity to be a part of such amazing community.
I'll be comming back here from time to time to see if there are some more optimistic news. Good luck.
d3zzo
Tester

by leofender » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:15 am

sad news brothers, was nice to play with you, see you next life
leofender
Private
Private

by Valkyrje » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:16 am

In a way I'm glad I had subscribed until now, cus i got to do this :lol:

Valkyrje
Tester

by ustoopia » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:20 am

Perhaps this one can be added to the playlist also?

https://youtu.be/olfSUlZFSgw
ustoopia
Private
Private

by VeloxBanks » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:20 am

GG. If something as big as this couldn't win against a money-whoring company like Blizz NOTHING will. The gaming industry is fucked. FUCKED. Yeah, they talked about us. They made a good buck off of the story and now it all means nothing. Absolutely nothing. Vanilla is dead. It's gonna stay dead this time. Blizzard are gonna keep making money. Lots of money. This right here just shows how fucked everything gaming related is. Things are only going to get worse.
'tis but a jest, brother!
VeloxBanks
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Tayler1231 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:25 am

Thank you Nost guys for this awesome opportunity to try vanilla. It has been an awesome journey and after couple years I ve been enjoying wow again.......what a pitty it had to end so quickly.
I hope that we ll hear about you one day guys ;)
Tayler1231
Tester

by theunknowing » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:26 am

Well that's that, time to say goodbye for good. Was hoping nos would grow some balls and host elsewhere. I'm kinda thinking now they really were bored with the project and are glad its gone
Any ways, see you guys on the next best thing.
theunknowing
Grunt
Grunt

by Rhook » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:29 am

Goodbye Nost, was an awesome time.

See ya all on Kronos folks. My Census counted over 17k Characters on Hordeside only since last Friday. Guess thats the next destination.
Rhook
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements