set realmlist 127.0.0.1
drag ur addons folder to ur desktop or something
launch memories.jar
launch wow.exe
login
go on character
click load memory and pick what u want

ok lol here u go just do it and hope u dont get disconnected

I dont understand how to laucnh memories.jar (its open winrar)

it wont run till u extract it and u might need to right click it and hit open

also u might need to download a java update and do right click -> open with -> find java binary
Last edited by satansdildo on Sun May 01, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ultimateguy (was satansdildo) - 60 dwarf hunter and so awesome
verycoolguy (was satansdildo) - best char on server
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUAI6ABS3-U
satansdildo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Situation update - 1st May 2016

by Hilo » Sun May 01, 2016 5:30 pm

This right here is what holds back open source. People take something huge. Something they could not have possibly developed all by themselves. Something worked on by hundreds, sometimes thousands, of people to get it to the point they find it. They make a few improvements and reap some sort of benefit. And it doesn't matter if that benefit is monetary or just the satisfaction that comes from achieving a goal. And now, suddenly, they own it. They get greedy and hold on with both fists clenched.

There's a term for people like that: leechers.

Without MaNGOS there would have been no Nostalrius. That's just a fact. If you're not going to give back to the community from whose work you benefited then that's on you. You're not obligated to legally, but morally, you disgust me. You took the Mona Lisa, painted a mustache on it, and called it your own original work.

Hopefully you guys do strike up some sort of deal with Blizzard. You guys seem perfect for each other.
Hilo
Tester

by RedTempest » Sun May 01, 2016 5:32 pm

Thank you for the update Nost !

As the events after the server shutdown unfolded many people - myself included - already expected you to not release the source code, and I believe this is the right course of action.

For the first time ever we have a real chance at actually getting legit legacy servers from Blizzard.
Where previously we were just told off by the "Wall of No" Blizzard is now willing to actually listen to us.

Releasing the code now would only burn the very bridges this movement managed to build.

I am very much looking forward to hearing from you guys and Mark Kern once you each had your seperate meetings at Blizzard HQ.

Keep up the good work and thank you for the good times on Nost :)

[Deadtempest]: Level 60 Undead Rogue <Endurance> - Nostalrius
[Redtempest]: Level 60 Human Rogue <Endurance> - Emerald Dream † (2012-2016)
RedTempest
Private
Private

by metagame » Sun May 01, 2016 5:34 pm

The "pristine server" idea is a joke. The fact that something so absurd not only crossed the mind of a Blizzard higher-up, but was somehow considered good enough to announce to millions of players, shows how out-of-touch Blizzard really is with their fans.
Blockchain - night elf warrior
Meta - gnome warlock
metagame
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Noxm » Sun May 01, 2016 5:36 pm

Hilo wrote:
Without MaNGOS there would have been no Nostalrius. That's just a fact. If you're not going to give back to the community from whose work you benefited then that's on you. You're not obligated to legally, but morally, you disgust me. You took the Mona Lisa, painted a mustache on it, and called it your own original work.

Without Nostalrius no Hope for Legacy server.
Do you think the others server who use mango care about Legacy server ? (even if they get shutdown, they run to reopen in other country)
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Nelythia » Sun May 01, 2016 5:36 pm

Can you already stop complaining about the Nost databases etc?

They hold it back, because the meeting with blizzard is yet to come.

I miss my characters too and I agree that Nost should give something back to the Mangos community, but they don't have to if they see & especially explain to us that it could help with the legacy server movement to hold it back for now.

I prefer a legacy server movement with the hope for official legacy servers instead of pay2win shit servers trying to get money with Nosts work for doing literally nothing but providing a hardware.
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Zolona » Sun May 01, 2016 5:37 pm

Holy shit you guys are stupid.

The Nostalrius team has the best Vanilla WoW emulator currently available in terms of stability, cheat detection, scripting and other features and this is the only thing they have to offer to Blizzard. If they release the code they lose all advantages they have in the meeting. Why would Blizzard still need to negotiate with Nostalrius on the terms of legacy servers (no p2w, etc.) if they could just rip the code off GitHub or something and run create their own server? Exactly, they wouldn't.

*facepalms
Zolona
Grunt
Grunt

by Ourk » Sun May 01, 2016 5:37 pm

RedTempest wrote:Thank you for the update Nost !

As the events after the server shutdown unfolded many people - myself included - already expected you to not release the source code, and I believe this is the right course of action.

For the first time ever we have a real chance at actually getting legit legacy servers from Blizzard.
Where previously we were just told off by the "Wall of No" Blizzard is now willing to actually listen to us.

Releasing the code now would only burn the very bridges this movement managed to build.

I am very much looking forward to hearing from you guys and Mark Kern once you each had your seperate meetings at Blizzard HQ.

Keep up the good work and thank you for the good times on Nost :)

:arrow: Just that. :idea:

Do you read in my thoughts, Sir? :mrgreen:
Ourk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Caedum » Sun May 01, 2016 5:38 pm

All of these names commenting that created their accounts so they could profit from your source code.

Ignore them, on't sabotage what you're doing with blizzard to keep some leeches happy.
Caedum
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Eligius » Sun May 01, 2016 5:39 pm

Last edited by Eligius on Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eligius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements