Situation update - 1st May 2016

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Situation update - 1st May 2016

by ekajs0n » Sun May 01, 2016 6:10 pm

Jawohl wrote:YOU ARE BEING UNFAIR, TOWARDS Nostalrius by blaming them for Sell-Out and what ever bullshit you troll idiots are throwing up in the air. We all understand there are disappointments, and that our characters might be gone forever, but stop fucking crying about the past and look to the Future! WE ARE MAKING PROGRESS!!

100% agreed, everyone bitching is being a total idiot. Lol
ekajs0n
Tester

by Nelythia » Sun May 01, 2016 6:11 pm

Jawohl wrote:Come on! Fuck sake guys, you are being so unaware of the bigger scene here it makes me throw up...

What did they lie about? This project got a death penalty, it was not as in normal case where you can just transfer the server to a new host. They gave you hope for that they would release the code for other projects to use so that the emulator scene would progress forward.

Then there was a petition and major Sosial media havoc going on about the whole incident.
250K people, Mark Kern, Sodapoppin, Kungen, Streamers, Youtube... Everything changed.
Blizzard could not ignore this all, and there was an reply to the matter.

THINGS EVOLVE, and SITUATION CHANGES.

Its not the RIGHT approach NOW, when we actually have an open negotiation about Legacy server to show your hand ( source code ) or intimidate/taunt your negotiation partner. We are taking MAJOR steps forward, and it requires cautious approach.

YOU ARE BEING UNFAIR, TOWARDS Nostalrius by blaming them for Sell-Out and what ever bullshit you troll idiots are throwing up in the air. We all understand there are disappointments, and that our characters might be gone forever, but stop fucking crying about the past and look to the Future! WE ARE MAKING PROGRESS!!

Well said, Sir.

o7
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Doronamo » Sun May 01, 2016 6:12 pm

Replay doesn't work at all. I can get into the game, then I load a memory, it teleports me somewhere which begins a loading screen, and as soon as that loading screen finishes I crash.

Tried multiple times on different memories, nothing working.
Doronamo
Tester

by Byne » Sun May 01, 2016 6:13 pm

Jawohl wrote:We all understand there are disappointments, and that our characters might be gone forever, but stop fucking crying about the past and look to the Future!

If people here were capable of not crying about the past and looking to the future they woudnt be playing a vanilla private server in the first place.
Byne
Tester

by Blorgishin » Sun May 01, 2016 6:13 pm

Excellent, Keep it up Nostalrius. You guys are leading a massive movement for many people.
Blorgishin
Tester

by satansdildo » Sun May 01, 2016 6:14 pm

Noxm wrote:@satansdildo 140 IQ please make tutorial when dont have all this IQ, thanks

ok here lol viewtopic.php?f=76&t=44037
ultimateguy (was satansdildo) - 60 dwarf hunter and so awesome
verycoolguy (was satansdildo) - best char on server
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUAI6ABS3-U
satansdildo
Sergeant
Sergeant

by NekoLilian » Sun May 01, 2016 6:14 pm

A tutorial on how to use your "gift" would be great.
NekoLilian
Tester

by Byne » Sun May 01, 2016 6:15 pm

ekajs0n wrote:
Jawohl wrote:YOU ARE BEING UNFAIR, TOWARDS Nostalrius by blaming them for Sell-Out and what ever bullshit you troll idiots are throwing up in the air. We all understand there are disappointments, and that our characters might be gone forever, but stop fucking crying about the past and look to the Future! WE ARE MAKING PROGRESS!!

100% agreed, everyone bitching is being a total idiot. Lol

No, the people bitching are understandably upset at the nost devs hyping up a non announcement so much.
Byne
Tester

by Leahs » Sun May 01, 2016 6:15 pm

Jawohl wrote:Come on! Fuck sake guys, you are being so unaware of the bigger scene here it makes me throw up...

What did they lie about? This project got a death penalty, it was not as in normal case where you can just transfer the server to a new host. They gave you hope for that they would release the code for other projects to use so that the emulator scene would progress forward.

Then there was a petition and major Sosial media havoc going on about the whole incident.
250K people, Mark Kern, Sodapoppin, Kungen, Streamers, Youtube... Everything changed.
Blizzard could not ignore this all, and there was an reply to the matter.

THINGS EVOLVE, and SITUATION CHANGES.

Its not the RIGHT approach NOW, when we actually have an open negotiation about Legacy server to show your hand ( source code ) or intimidate/taunt your negotiation partner. We are taking MAJOR steps forward, and it requires cautious approach.

YOU ARE BEING UNFAIR, TOWARDS Nostalrius by blaming them for Sell-Out and what ever bullshit you troll idiots are throwing up in the air. We all understand there are disappointments, and that our characters might be gone forever, but stop fucking crying about the past and look to the Future! WE ARE MAKING PROGRESS!!

Agreed. Thanks buddy.
Leahs
Grunt
Grunt

by Kikeron » Sun May 01, 2016 6:16 pm

Really? What changed? I don't know what other do, but I will not ACCUSE them for wanting to make money. But I think this post i BS. They do the best for them and this is fair. My opinion is that they will either sell the code (so releasing it will be unacceptable) or work for Blizzard. And I am happy for them. But no more BS because there will be no servers as we want them to be. They will be either pristine-like (current game mechanics minus heirlooms) or something like that.
Last edited by Pottu on Sun May 01, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote
Kikeron
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements