World of Warcraft - Legacy servers survey

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: World of Warcraft - Legacy servers survey

by Rikkisix » Sat May 07, 2016 6:59 pm

Filled, doubt it will do anything but thanks for keeping preasure up Nos Staff hope you guys get somthing outa this for all the crap we the playerbase put you through, lol.
Also known As Rageheart / Pintero Or the guy who's been hittin on tauren woman since 05?
Rikkisix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by krowwen » Sat May 07, 2016 7:00 pm

Filled in my responses, and shared with my friends
<Flashback>
krowwen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Wraith§Reaver » Sat May 07, 2016 7:03 pm

Dumb question but...how it is intended this one?:

[Why did you play on unofficial legacy servers?
"It was a modified version of the game"]

It's referring to the custom servers (like rates ^n etc..) or to the Pre-nerf Blizz dungeon/raid versions of the game?

P.S: when I'm done I'll share some more elaborate answers for the "general stuff" (like many of the "Why?" sections) if anyone need them (I'm referring to the usual reasons like: "because it had a great sense of accomplishment etc... etc.."
Wraith§Reaver
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by theycallmenannerpuss » Sat May 07, 2016 7:18 pm

Filled it out. There were a few questions in there that tripped me up. For example, "I would play on a Blizzard legacy servers if I don’t have to pay for it" true or false? I put true, but I also put true for all of the others regarding what I would pay. Free or not, I just want Legacy servers. So, I hope my answer of true doesn't come across as "I want free Legacy servers" because I'm definitely willing to throw money at Blizzard.

I'm probably being dumb and read it incorrectly... it's early and I'm tired. :?
theycallmenannerpuss
Tester

by Mryul » Sat May 07, 2016 7:27 pm

Filled.

You didn't mention anything about a persistent vanilla server and how it should proceed to TBC.

Not everyone wants to upgrade to TBC.
Mryul
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Baaja » Sat May 07, 2016 7:36 pm

theycallmenannerpuss wrote:Filled it out. There were a few questions in there that tripped me up. For example, "I would play on a Blizzard legacy servers if I don’t have to pay for it" true or false? I put true, but I also put true for all of the others regarding what I would pay. Free or not, I just want Legacy servers. So, I hope my answer of true doesn't come across as "I want free Legacy servers" because I'm definitely willing to throw money at Blizzard.

I'm probably being dumb and read it incorrectly... it's early and I'm tired. :?

This was a very badly formulated question - But I said "True" as well. Of course I would play something I love with the added benefit of it being free.
Baaja
Grunt
Grunt

by Fogtripper » Sat May 07, 2016 8:02 pm

Mryul wrote:Filled.

You didn't mention anything about a persistent vanilla server and how it should proceed to TBC.

Not everyone wants to upgrade to TBC.

I for one dont. In all honesty I would prefer Nost not muddy the water and simply focus on vanilla and not include expansions in the talks. Keep it simple.
Fogtripper
Sergeant
Sergeant

by egoplant » Sat May 07, 2016 8:06 pm

Why are questions like this "required"? Is it literally impossible for someone to be currently playing the official game? Biased as fuck.

egoplant
Private
Private

by rac » Sat May 07, 2016 8:10 pm

did the survey, good luck and keep fighting
rac
Tester

by Wraith§Reaver » Sat May 07, 2016 8:12 pm

Finally done.
Here some of my answers to the "Why?" sections if anyone want to take a cue from them (even copypaste). Beware, do not consider them as The Bible...cause > subjective motives

Dungeon/raid you liked the most no matter the expansion *
Why?*

[Strong Reason] Because they were the original dungeons, had the original feelings and above all, they were the Pre-Nerfed versions (harder ones)

Feature you liked the most no matter the expansion *
The LORE. The extremely good community aspect (unofficial servers). The original Talent System (before Cataclysm), the LFG chat channel
Why?*
Because of your own sense of obtaining something (even not so valuable), but through strong efforts and friends was the most incredible experience one could ever have desired.

Feature you disliked the most no matter the expansion *
Every later change in the direction of making the game even a little easier. (aka Post Cata Talent System), too many Mounts "facilities" like the lowering of the level cap to ride one, the Dungeon Finder etc... etc...
Why?*
Because they literally destroyed the sense of fulfillment to receive something for your efforts. And also the whole "community" aspect, leading him to become corrupt, through a more obnoxious language, inappropriate behavior, insults, and all those things in this world are wrong.

If you’re not playing on retail, why? *
Too many "facilitations" and rewards for doing nothing that would be of merit.

Is it a good idea to have Blizzard legacy servers with players from multiple regions like Nostalrius? *
Because nowadays be understood through the use of English is almost the norm, and I do not see why they can not coexist players of different nationalities. In any case it would be possible to communicate with their fellow countrymen while in a party or voice chat through external programs (Teamspeak etc ...), so the problem does not even exist.

Anything you would like to add?
As your fans, you all have been gamers before being developers. If you follow your player-side, you cannot go wrong almost never in life...
"Stay hungry. Stay foolish"

P.S:: god, I was so undecided about two questions:
- the possibility for Blizz to add content, cause I would like to have it also on the previous expansions but I strongly feared they somehow manage to mess up the pre-existing lore. :/
[so, I put "No" on the "During" and "Yes" to "After" the official Timeline.]
- the suggested level cap [my choices were 4500 and 6000, but I went for 6000]
Last edited by Wraith§Reaver on Sat May 07, 2016 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wraith§Reaver
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements