World of Warcraft - Legacy servers survey

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: World of Warcraft - Legacy servers survey

by Winterflaw » Fri May 13, 2016 4:39 pm

Galadourn wrote:Voted for:

- Vanilla WoW
- TBC UI (that's a must as a minimum)
- Additional land/lore and events during the official timeline.

If a company gives me these things, I'll be stuck in that game forever.

I did not understand the content/timeline question.

Can someone explain it to me?
Winterflaw
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Galadourn » Fri May 13, 2016 7:23 pm

Winterflaw wrote:
Galadourn wrote:Voted for:

- Vanilla WoW
- TBC UI (that's a must as a minimum)
- Additional land/lore and events during the official timeline.

If a company gives me these things, I'll be stuck in that game forever.

I did not understand the content/timeline question.

Can someone explain it to me?

I believe the question is whether we would like to see additional content in the form of land and lore until the appearance of Naxxramas (with patch 1.11.1) in Azeroth or whether we would like to see such additional content after Naxxramas is implemented.

The question was a bit confusing tbh. Not sure if my interpretation is correct.
Galadourn
Grunt
Grunt

by Hyperbeist » Sat May 14, 2016 1:30 am

Some kind of Season system would be cool. Seasons ending when a certain amount of guilds has cleared the content.
Example: Season 1 - Vanilla
Through the season patches are released when a certain amount of guilds has cleared the current content.
And when the final content of the xpac/season1 has been cleared by a certain amount of guilds, the season ends and the next season begins. Then Season 2 - TBC begins.

All the stories I've heard about vanilla & tbc sound so epic. I have never experienced anything like this, but I would love to!
The obvious main xpacs that I want at least is Vanilla, TBC & Wotlk. Even tho I havent experienced retail vanilla & tbc, I loved wotlk and would love to do it all over again!

Made all my friends sign the petition and even tho the petition signs are going slow now, I am still super hyped!
Hyperbeist
Tester

by Whísp » Sat May 14, 2016 1:58 pm

If a reasonable time line was followed the way the Nost team was doing it and not leaving the game hang on end tiers for over a year at a time Blizzard could actually take a "Legacy" all the way to current content over the course of 5-7 years(assuming the game was still releasing content). I don't see any thing in this type of model that's looking to the past as blizzard claims, if any thing that's looking forward. Letting players that choose start at the beginning and play every thing up to current content would give players a better under standing of the game.

Assuming population wasn't an issue start with 1 server , when it moves onto BC release another server starting back at the beginning. This would lead to a maximum of 5 servers after 5-6 years of content release.

Although I'm sure if legacy serves were to happen even with a Nost type population that there would need to be a LOT more then even 2 or 3 servers to support the influx of players in the beginning.
Whísp
Tester

by Winterflaw » Sat May 14, 2016 10:38 pm

Whísp wrote:If a reasonable time line was followed the way the Nost team was doing it and not leaving the game hang on end tiers for over a year at a time Blizzard could actually take a "Legacy" all the way to current content

By "current content" I hope you do not mean retail in it's current form, or indeed it's form for many years. I'd be okay with new raids, zones, etc, but the *mechanics* - the difficulty level - should remain Vanilla.

Personally, I want to see Vanilla go its own way. Split off from the existing progression path - which will be consigned to history as a failure - and continuing being Vanilla, but with new content.
Winterflaw
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by VidocQ » Sun May 15, 2016 8:52 pm

Can you translate survey http://goo.gl/forms/bgYzPykrJY on other language?
im /played 27day 12 hours.... on Nostalrius VidocQQ
VidocQ
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to Announcements