World of Warcraft - Legacy servers survey

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: World of Warcraft - Legacy servers survey

by Kil » Sat May 07, 2016 10:32 pm

Wraith§Reaver wrote:You forgot quoting the part I wrote before that

I forgot it on purpose. Because it's the easiest ban abuse or conversely get out of a rightful ban sentence I've ever seen.
You are not special. No one knows your name. No one will remember your name. Nothing you do will matter. Ever.
Kil
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by dd410 » Sat May 07, 2016 10:51 pm

Vanilla WoW was great because it was open world. You could gank ppl even if they were hidding in town.

I know sometimes it can be annoying but there is no death penalty in WoW and streamers got their perks too.
I am sure there will be a lot of ppl ganking streamers but there will be also alot of fan boys helping them out by protecting them (ganking back gankers) , farming for them, boosting them etc.

Treating streamers differently would destroy the feeling of FREE world.
dd410
Tester

by Uidrae » Sat May 07, 2016 11:24 pm

I filled it out earlier. I just saw that it was posted on the WoW forums mega thread too.
Uidrae
Grunt
Grunt

by Nerfme » Sun May 08, 2016 12:33 am

Pretty extensive survey... Hope it helps.
Nerfme < Molten Core Swimteam >
Nerfme
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fey » Sun May 08, 2016 12:35 am

Filled it out myself.

Cheers to the community that has supported us and helped us speak up for Nostalrius! Long live Nostalrius!
Raziya's Hunter Macros & Tips thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21017
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Valmere » Sun May 08, 2016 12:45 am

Filled it out. Wish you guys would release your MaNGOS patches :/
Valmere
Private
Private

by Sirganksalot » Sun May 08, 2016 5:21 am

Saving the World [of Warcraft] isn't a one man job.

Go forth Nostalrius, and make Blizzard great again.
LEGACY:
"Denoting or relating to software or hardware that has been superseded but is difficult to replace because of its wide use."
Sirganksalot
Grunt
Grunt

by abbath » Sun May 08, 2016 5:31 am

+1 survey filled and shared
abbath
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Gigaboom » Sun May 08, 2016 7:12 am

It was a network of advancements, each area, skill and piece of equipment was well earned and often mixed in an attainable yet consistent basis to promote that feeling of accomplishment. Additionally, the challenge to move from one zone to the other while using that regions chat system to communicate with people forced people to work together. Additionally, people were also in specific leveling regions(barrens, redridge mountains, tanaris ect.ect..) for days at a time. adding to the emphasis on social networks. which an MMO Needs.. leveling is genuinely fun in vanilla wow. its fun because its hard, and its hard because its challenging and long. but everyone who achieved 60 felt they had done so and earned it. at level 1 all you wanted was level 10(dungeons,bg's, barrens), at level 10 all you wanted was to do things at higher levels. And because mobs were challenging, dungeons had to be done to give gear that people actually needed to progress, because yes even the mobs were challenging.

at level 60, all that mattered was spending months to pug groups together on the weekends to get gear to try and do legendary raids like MC, BWL and ZG. But your new gear was an additional token as it was often the coolest looking gear around. 1 more badge to add to the collection of your favorite character. I remember thinking (dang im level 60 and my rogue looks awesome!). With getting my new gear i was introduced to some of the best world pvp and bg pvp the game has ever offered. yes it wasn't perfect. but it was a lot of fun. there were so many people every spec offered something new to the table. and MC was epic, 40 man raids were hard to get organized for hours at a time. but with any overwhelming individual challenge comes the overwhelming feelings of accomplishment.

What i would want blizzard to know: I love you guys, I am sorry with all the hatred and anger your fans have thrown at you. Its impossible to please everyone, I want to see how you as a company approach this attention your receiving for the outcry for a legacy server. I hope there is a fun way to approach the future of WoW. And i will subscribe to it. But I would also like to experience the azeroth I remember growing up, the azeroth I struggled through and the WoW that challenged me and made me feel a hole pallet of feelings toward MMO's and video games as a hole. Thank you for listening, thank you for trying, and as an aspiring computer scientist and game developer, I look up to how you operate. Thank you.
-Stan
Gigaboom
Tester

by Borellus » Sun May 08, 2016 8:19 am

Any chance to make the survey results public so we can see how other players are feeling?
Borellus
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements