Blizzard meeting scheduled

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Blizzard meeting scheduled

by melak » Thu May 26, 2016 11:23 am

Kikeron wrote:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/20095768/patch-624-hotfixes-april-11-may-24-5-24-2016

Have you seen this? The first part. Someone MIGHT getting ready for pristine servers!

PS Amazing job bliz. And no, it is not sarcasm. It is just time to be realistic :)

NO ONE wants pristine crap, do not encurage that kind of shit solution because its a slap in the face on everyone.... :x
A mage is never late
melak
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Heldunder » Thu May 26, 2016 9:01 pm

Wryshu wrote:#ReleaseTheSource
#ReleaseTheDatabase
#SupportMaNGOSCommunity

id rather have official vanilla than pirate vanilla.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by killshot » Thu May 26, 2016 10:06 pm

I'm sorry but its more than obvious that this Blizzard meeting is going to be a bad joke.

The only reason a giant like Blizzard pays free air-tickets to our Devs is to show them (and US) a generous profile and to collect data from their questionnaire ONLY for company purposes.

As i work in a multinational company (probably many of you) having worldwide operations, i know that these people only think strictly business and there is no way they spare their time and money on something they have officially declined.

Please understand that even the creation of Official Vanilla/TBC servers has a tremendous cost as it requires different hardware and the risk of failure is very close to rely on such projects.

Lastly our Devs and moderators if you really broke down and cried to the fall of this community there are 14 countries inside and outside Europe you can host Nostalrius with no legal-Issues.
killshot
Private
Private

by Zefon » Thu May 26, 2016 10:18 pm

Nice going guys!

I'm not buying any more of Blizzards products if they don't let you go-ahead with this things, be sure to let them know that!
Zefon
Tester

by Kikeron » Fri May 27, 2016 7:19 am

melak wrote:
NO ONE wants pristine crap, do not encurage that kind of shit solution because its a slap in the face on everyone.... :x

Welcome to reality, then!
Kikeron
Sergeant
Sergeant

by melak » Fri May 27, 2016 8:38 am

Kikeron wrote:
melak wrote:

Welcome to reality, then!

Are you for real? If they ever made such a retarded thing, no1 would play on it, it would fail faster than you can paint your face. If Blizzard did go for that even after seeing the reaction after suggestion it, then they must have smoked a way to big bag of star dust :)
A mage is never late
melak
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by melak » Fri May 27, 2016 8:40 am

killshot wrote:I'm sorry but its more than obvious that this Blizzard meeting is going to be a bad joke.

The only reason a giant like Blizzard pays free air-tickets to our Devs is to show them (and US) a generous profile and to collect data from their questionnaire ONLY for company purposes.

As i work in a multinational company (probably many of you) having worldwide operations, i know that these people only think strictly business and there is no way they spare their time and money on something they have officially declined.

Please understand that even the creation of Official Vanilla/TBC servers has a tremendous cost as it requires different hardware and the risk of failure is very close to rely on such projects.

Lastly our Devs and moderators if you really broke down and cried to the fall of this community there are 14 countries inside and outside Europe you can host Nostalrius with no legal-Issues.

Different hardware? They might want some new stuff, but if you checked the cost Nost had to put up, to run such an old game, its insanly cheap now vs 10 years ago. They would never go this far if they were not seriously considering going for Vanilla servers themselfs, i dont see your logic at all.
A mage is never late
melak
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by killshot » Fri May 27, 2016 12:38 pm

Different hardware? They might want some new stuff, but if you checked the cost Nost had to put up, to run such an old game, its insanly cheap now vs 10 years ago.

Yes different hardware, and i dont think any company would go only for 2 or 3 servers.
They would go for more with paid developers/GMs and stuff for each one and consider they would prefer to make them way faster than the long period a single server like Nostalrius took.
There is a big cost as it is almost a new project for them.

They would never go this far if they were not seriously considering going for Vanilla servers themselfs, i dont see your logic at all.

No, they aren't going for any vanilla server, maybe they wanna make the game harder and more challenging but they have officially declined going back to vanilla or TBC which means their CEO and council thought of this idea LOOONG ago before Nostalrius, as many private servers (FEENIX ones had 8k on peak @2011) had raised.

The meeting's purpose is to collect data from a questionnaire filled by hundreds of their ex-clients and i wish i had the time to explain you how important is for a huge company to collect such data.

Anyways, we ll see how it goes in a few days.
Lets hope my predictions will be wrong.
killshot
Private
Private

by MasterQuaster » Sat May 28, 2016 4:40 pm

Yes different hardware, and i dont think any company would go only for 2 or 3 servers.
They would go for more with paid developers/GMs and stuff for each one and consider they would prefer to make them way faster than the long period a single server like Nostalrius took.
There is a big cost as it is almost a new project for them.

Please stop with this economic superficial knowledge. It's horrible! Running a server is a laughable cost factor for a multimillion company like Activision Blizzard. There are several offical realms which are nearly dead. They could easy transfer charakters from those realms to other low populated realms in order to close them an reactivate them with vanilla content. Hardware is absolutely no matter for them! Even if they have to run new servers.

Another factor are employees. They are more expensive than hardware but support employees are at the bottom of hierarchy and have very low salaries compared to programmers. The expensive part would be training and recruiting costs.

The most expensive part would be the programming and marketing. Big advantage for vanilla is you don't have to script a new game. Just some programming for bugs and suchlike - you safe much money compared to programming a new game.

But lets talk about marketing the most important part for Blizzard Activision. They have investors and other shareholders who expect a good performance and a high return on investment. Activision pay very, very, very much money year for year for programming. Look at the costs for Cataclysm, MoP, WoD and Legion. Now imagine they would launch a "low cost" project like Vanilla - compared to MoP, WoD and Legion. And now imagine Vanilla would be more popular than WoD was - which is not very unrealistic. I hope you can imagine what shareholders and other investors would say!? They would say "Wait a second! We gave you so much money for WoD... and Vanilla which was possible to launch all the time have a higher return on investment!? Why the hell you burned our money!?" Imagine the loss in reputation of their inovations. THAT's a high risk for Activision Blizzard. The immaterial damage and not that laughable pennys for Hardware!!

Blizzard will not launch Vanilla Servers as long they work on new Addons. It would be too much risk for them. They can't risk that an old game is more successful than an expensive new game.
MasterQuaster
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements