Blizzard meeting scheduled

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Blizzard meeting scheduled

by kovenant » Tue May 17, 2016 8:17 pm

define... "fairy"

a mythical being of folklore and romance usually having diminutive human form and magic powers.

A bit like a gnome mage...
kovenant
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by acodemigak » Tue May 17, 2016 9:34 pm

Wohoooo! It is so awesome that this is finally happening, with a decent chance of success! Keep up the fight!
acodemigak
Tester

by Oropher » Tue May 17, 2016 10:37 pm

Denbts wrote:As somebody who returned to WoW only because of the prospect of playing Vanilla, I am beyond excited by the idea of Blizzard opening legacy servers. The guild I've progressed through this server with has gone so far as to blur the lines between team and family. We've put up with a lot of garbage from each other, and we've seen a lot of amazing moments together.

With that out of the way...

Activision: I will pay MONEY to play on your legacy servers. This is an important point to make because Activision, unlike the Blizzard that used to be owned by Vivendi (which cared about making good games) cares ONLY about MONEY. I have MONEY, Activision, and I will give you that MONEY if you make legacy servers for me to play on. Additionally, I know of about 800,000 people who made accounts on a private server (that you felt the need to shut down) who would also pay you MONEY for a legacy server.Therefore, you should make legacy servers, because you will receive lots of MONEY.

EDIT: I just wanted to point out to Activision that YOU MAY THINK YOU WANT TO MAKE LOTS OF MONEY, BUT YOU ACTUALLY DON'T.

I'd pay a wow subscription, and an extra legacy subscription if I had to. Most of the people who love vanilla are adult and wouldn't mind paying money to play their favourite game...
Oropher
Tester

by Heldunder » Tue May 17, 2016 10:41 pm

kovenant wrote:
define... "fairy"

a mythical being of folklore and romance usually having diminutive human form and magic powers.

A bit like a gnome mage...

not what i meant. lol
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by JCLawst » Wed May 18, 2016 8:41 am

Looking forward to this guys - thanks for all the work.
JCLawst
Grunt
Grunt

by Trunkse » Wed May 18, 2016 4:40 pm

I may have not been a member of the servers community, but as of now I wish I had been. I am glad to see what has transpired over the last few months. I've been waiting for legacy since cata. I wish the team all the luck in helping us vanilla players go home. Now that all this has happened I'll be around the community even without a server as vanilla was and is my home.
Trunkse
Tester

by lonely182 » Thu May 19, 2016 8:36 am

Toyaa wrote:I think they also fear of splitting the community. And having problems with the live version if legacy is too successful, then players start quitting years after. But in a way, the community is already split. A lot of players quitted from Cataclysm, at least this is what I see in the latest charts...when the world was changed, with no access to the old world. The game was changed, the architecture and zones we known changed with no cohabitation of both worlds.

I have a request. Please, if the legacy realm is refused for reasons I could understand, convince them of the benefit of accessing the old world as an alternative on Live. If the fight is lost and there is no legacy, please let us access legally to the old beloved world on live, it's different enough and will make the live game more complete. We could at least play in the old auberdine, the old wetlands, the old deadmines and the like. A lot of new players missed it.
If a pristine realm is discussed, it will be unsuccessful with the lack of the old world in my opinion. And if a pristine has this, the live should have this.

Hope my words will be at least heard.

From a passionate fan.

This would not make any sense to implement. I know it's a game, but there are some rules from the real world that must apply. aka when something happens in that world you can't just revert back and undo it. What happened, happened, you accept, rebuild and move on.
"You can do anything, but you can't do everything. So choose wisely."
lonely182
Tester

by Toyaa » Fri May 20, 2016 1:54 am

lonely182 wrote:This would not make any sense to implement. I know it's a game, but there are some rules from the real world that must apply. aka when something happens in that world you can't just revert back and undo it. What happened, happened, you accept, rebuild and move on.

A lot of players like this world or prefer it, even for levelling. It would make sense in a way to implement it to allow veteran and new players to experience it at will, which would certainly make the live game more complete, with more content, and would certainly contribute in making players more happy, in making a pre/post cataclysm world to explore kind of similar to the light and dark world in Zelda where you like exploring both world and see what has changed.

But above all, I just want a way to play this world without going against Blizzard rules because at the moment it's not possible which is sad. I'd play and progress on legacy realms if they are guaranteed to stay but if it's not happening at least I would like to play it on live which would be the only way to play it legally.

They already included an old version of blasted lands on live if i'm not mistaken, to allow players exploring this alternate version (not the vanilla one but still they had the right thoughts unlike during the cataclysm in my opinion)
Toyaa
Tester

by Iltháes » Fri May 20, 2016 2:29 am

Please Nostalrius team, try to convince Blizzard to forbid multiboxing in Legacy Servers just like you did in this amazing server.
Iltháes
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by kaikala » Fri May 20, 2016 6:22 am

I have a really strong feeling that the meeting will end up in Blizzard hiring the Nost team and we will have no legacy or retail servers whatsoever. Call me pessimist but I don't think Blizzard has any intention of doing this... Especially while Legion is releasing in a few months.
kaikala
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements