Blizzard meeting scheduled

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Blizzard meeting scheduled

by abbath » Fri May 20, 2016 9:48 am

the only thing that should be forbiden in legacy servers, is CHINESE (make them dedicated server for their spamming, botting, account hijacking and other 'business')! :)
abbath
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Foxter » Fri May 20, 2016 1:31 pm

abbath wrote:the only thing that should be forbiden in legacy servers, is CHINESE (make them dedicated server for their spamming, botting, account hijacking and other 'business')! :)
Sounds like a plan to remove competitors ;)
Foxter
Tester

by Galadourn » Sat May 21, 2016 8:05 pm

hmm, I just got this wicked thought that Blizzard will make legacy servers available concurrently with the release of Legion but will make you buy Legion to get access to them. win-win for them
Galadourn
Grunt
Grunt

by abbath » Sun May 22, 2016 4:21 pm

Foxter wrote:
abbath wrote:the only thing that should be forbiden in legacy servers, is CHINESE (make them dedicated server for their spamming, botting, account hijacking and other 'business')! :)
Sounds like a plan to remove competitors ;)

competitors? i was really tired about thier spam in trade channel, postboxes and whispers. okogames - heared about this shit? :?:
abbath
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Azzurathe » Mon May 23, 2016 3:50 pm

lonely182 wrote:
Toyaa wrote:I think they also fear of splitting the community. And having problems with the live version if legacy is too successful, then players start quitting years after. But in a way, the community is already split. A lot of players quitted from Cataclysm, at least this is what I see in the latest charts...when the world was changed, with no access to the old world. The game was changed, the architecture and zones we known changed with no cohabitation of both worlds.

I have a request. Please, if the legacy realm is refused for reasons I could understand, convince them of the benefit of accessing the old world as an alternative on Live. If the fight is lost and there is no legacy, please let us access legally to the old beloved world on live, it's different enough and will make the live game more complete. We could at least play in the old auberdine, the old wetlands, the old deadmines and the like. A lot of new players missed it.
If a pristine realm is discussed, it will be unsuccessful with the lack of the old world in my opinion. And if a pristine has this, the live should have this.

Hope my words will be at least heard.

From a passionate fan.

This would not make any sense to implement. I know it's a game, but there are some rules from the real world that must apply. aka when something happens in that world you can't just revert back and undo it. What happened, happened, you accept, rebuild and move on.

But Azeroth is a world of dragons, magic and the Caverns of Time. You can most definitely go back in time and change/do things differently or the same.

Also, even after saving farms from vermin, I go back and the farm is still under attack by said vermin. Just part and parcel to the gig. I think, if legacy servers are not possible, that a caverns of time setting where you can level in the old world should be doable.
Azzurathe
Tester

by NotA » Mon May 23, 2016 10:17 pm

Has anyone even considered the possibility of a trap, i mean you are going to be on U.S soil on their home court where you might enter a room full of their over paid lawyers grinning because they just got the entire Nost team to present themselves in person on the pretense of "meeting", ready to identify every single person who infringed copyright?
NotA
Tester

by melak » Tue May 24, 2016 9:15 am

NotA wrote:Has anyone even considered the possibility of a trap, i mean you are going to be on U.S soil on their home court where you might enter a room full of their over paid lawyers grinning because they just got the entire Nost team to present themselves in person on the pretense of "meeting", ready to identify every single person who infringed copyright?

Someone has been watching too much GOT :roll:
Would not make sense in any way to do such a thing, would be the ultimate screw over for Blizzard, if they are hell bent on destroying their PR.
A mage is never late
melak
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by theluda » Tue May 24, 2016 10:00 am

NotA wrote:Has anyone even considered the possibility of a trap

Total waste of resources. If they could take legal action, all they had to do was sent a request to police in France to arrest the guys/girls. No need to sponsor trip to HQ then. Also copyright infringement possibly under Fair Use clause provides no grounds for any arrest, even in the US. Worst case only provides grounds for financial loss case.
theluda
Sergeant
Sergeant

by dusky » Tue May 24, 2016 2:57 pm

Get some lube to treat yourself with.
Last edited by Pottu on Tue May 24, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam, insulting staff
dusky
Grunt
Grunt

by Mimma » Tue May 24, 2016 3:06 pm

They got a dialogue with Blizzard - that is great news for the community.

What have you done?
Last edited by Pottu on Tue May 24, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements