by ceen2 » Tue May 17, 2016 12:48 am

Some other weeks passing by.
Blizz is just sitting it out and you help them ^^
ceen2
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Blizzard meeting scheduled

by Toyaa » Tue May 17, 2016 2:30 am

I think they also fear of splitting the community. And having problems with the live version if legacy is too successful, then players start quitting years after. But in a way, the community is already split. A lot of players quitted from Cataclysm, at least this is what I see in the latest charts...when the world was changed, with no access to the old world. The game was changed, the architecture and zones we known changed with no cohabitation of both worlds.

I have a request. Please, if the legacy realm is refused for reasons I could understand, convince them of the benefit of accessing the old world as an alternative on Live. If the fight is lost and there is no legacy, please let us access legally to the old beloved world on live, it's different enough and will make the live game more complete. We could at least play in the old auberdine, the old wetlands, the old deadmines and the like. A lot of new players missed it.
If a pristine realm is discussed, it will be unsuccessful with the lack of the old world in my opinion. And if a pristine has this, the live should have this.

Hope my words will be at least heard.

From a passionate fan.
Toyaa
Tester

by Omgzjustin » Tue May 17, 2016 4:37 am

Cheers, Nostalrius team and to Blizzard.

Remember to be appreciative of Blizzard's outburst of hospitality, instead of hating them for the shutdown of Nostalrius.

Best of luck at the meeting, you carry with you the hearts of many thousands of World of Warcraft's best fans.
Omgzjustin
Grunt
Grunt

by Shadamehr » Tue May 17, 2016 7:00 am

' that if the slow vanilla experience to 60 (with challenge) is good, the slow legion experience to lvl 110 (with zero challenge) should also be good...
...so Pristine is the only way to go.'

Would disagree with that argument if they put it up, leveling in retail is a snoozefest and has zero challenge.
So therefore in my opinion it is not good. Its no fun playing in Godmode. And I should know, I play SWTOR.
The slow leveling in Vanilla PvE was good because there was challenge to be found (or avoided !). Also many of the fun and memorable quests, chain quests, attunement quests, key quests, hidden and class quests were removed in an effort to speed up the leveling.

Best of luck at the meeting.

Not a WoW subnscriber, no intention of becoming one or buying Legion.

Would be more than happy to sub, and even buy Legion if that was a requirement, just to play PURE Vanilla WoW. NOT Pristine WoW.
Shadamehr
Tester

by Denbts » Tue May 17, 2016 8:01 am

As somebody who returned to WoW only because of the prospect of playing Vanilla, I am beyond excited by the idea of Blizzard opening legacy servers. The guild I've progressed through this server with has gone so far as to blur the lines between team and family. We've put up with a lot of garbage from each other, and we've seen a lot of amazing moments together.

With that out of the way...

Activision: I will pay MONEY to play on your legacy servers. This is an important point to make because Activision, unlike the Blizzard that used to be owned by Vivendi (which cared about making good games) cares ONLY about MONEY. I have MONEY, Activision, and I will give you that MONEY if you make legacy servers for me to play on. Additionally, I know of about 800,000 people who made accounts on a private server (that you felt the need to shut down) who would also pay you MONEY for a legacy server.Therefore, you should make legacy servers, because you will receive lots of MONEY.

EDIT: I just wanted to point out to Activision that YOU MAY THINK YOU WANT TO MAKE LOTS OF MONEY, BUT YOU ACTUALLY DON'T.
Denbts
Sergeant
Sergeant

by northaunt » Tue May 17, 2016 11:18 am

Yay!
northaunt
Sergeant
Sergeant

by abbath » Tue May 17, 2016 1:53 pm

Icerape wrote:"Nostalrius staff will be incorporated into Blizzard to start working on project "World of Warcraft Legacy", on 1st September 2016 there will be opened 3 realms for each expansion (3 for vanilla WoW, 3 for TBC,3 for WOTLK...) More realms will be added if needed. The characters you had on Nostalrius will be playable only on Vanilla 1 realm. Requirements to play on "WoW Legacy" will be to register on Blizzard website and download client of expansion you wish to play, monthly subscription will be symbolic, 5$ per month for server maintenance, with this move we want to honor our community and our past expansions that will always take special part in every players heart. Sincerely, Blizzard."

is it an official announce (can I have a link to it) or its your own fairy-tale? :?:
abbath
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Fey » Tue May 17, 2016 2:41 pm

You guys are doing AMAZING work. I still miss Nostalrius and I expect to miss it for a long time. I wish I could have shared it with more people! I came to experience Vanilla without any real knowledge of it, and I was just blown away. Hopefully, if Blizzard is open to this idea of legacy servers, we can share that joy with the rest of the WoW community. The OFFICIAL community. Wouldn't that be incredible?

I mean, it wasn't just the Vanilla content that made me love Nost. The diverse and massive community, the player interaction, the diligent developers, the impossibly huge server. It really felt incredible. While I think some parts of it come naturally with Vanilla, like the player interaction for one, your skillful management of the server to be able to hold over ten-thousand people without lag was just amazing to me.

I hope some of this returns when Blizzard gives y'all a job with them. :)
Raziya's Hunter Macros & Tips thread:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=21017
Fey
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Pottu » Tue May 17, 2016 4:06 pm

abbath wrote:
Icerape wrote:"Nostalrius staff will be incorporated into Blizzard to start working on project "World of Warcraft Legacy", on 1st September 2016 there will be opened 3 realms for each expansion (3 for vanilla WoW, 3 for TBC,3 for WOTLK...) More realms will be added if needed. The characters you had on Nostalrius will be playable only on Vanilla 1 realm. Requirements to play on "WoW Legacy" will be to register on Blizzard website and download client of expansion you wish to play, monthly subscription will be symbolic, 5$ per month for server maintenance, with this move we want to honor our community and our past expansions that will always take special part in every players heart. Sincerely, Blizzard."

is it an official announce (can I have a link to it) or its your own fairy-tale? :?:

His own fairy-tale.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Heldunder » Tue May 17, 2016 8:10 pm

Pottu wrote:
abbath wrote:

His own fairy-tale.

define... "fairy"
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements