Beware of suspicious legacy servers

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Beware of suspicious legacy servers

by MasterQuaster » Wed May 25, 2016 9:09 am

But yes you guys are right, better don't use your personal e-mail adresses. Creat some spam E-Mails.
Last edited by Pottu on Wed May 25, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed advertising
MasterQuaster
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by lovevanilla » Wed May 25, 2016 5:20 pm

Edited
Last edited by akasso on Wed May 25, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited
lovevanilla
Tester

by wrw01200 » Wed May 25, 2016 5:51 pm

MasterQuaster wrote:But yes you guys are right, better don't use your personal e-mail adresses. Creat some spam E-Mails.

The only service I encountered a spam some time later with was... a Google! On one of my first mail-boxes I unconsciously avoided to use, after half a year of lazy activity I had found just about 225 inboxes of spam with a patterned repeating of the same topic messages. I would never found it roots to a Google if not my second mail-box on the same .gmail location. There I had found a half of just the same messages after a shorter period of inactivity.

And what I want to say??.. Google solds your lists of e-mail addresses regularly on a commercial basis. And it even does so somehow openly claiming in its concept articles it is a good part for business to have a POSSIBILITY as people cannot often be delivered with what they REALLY NEED :lol: :lol: :lol: What a stupid FUCK!! Oh, my, God!

I've abandonned all my accounts on Google though all of them were registered without any personal information. One of them I gifted to utilize to a friend's child on his tablet. Who now bothers to register a Google account for answering a pityful queezz that won't change the state anyway, I cannot even imagine...

As to the private World of Warcraft servers, I played them from as long as autumn 2006 and I NEVER RECEIVED a one excessive letter from ANY of the private servers and now you make me realise that almost all of the e-mail addresses I used for the registration can still be used if I remember the password! :mrgreen:
And they do not write you anything regularly! NEVER! They sent you anything only when you ordered reset of your password! They don't even have a checkbox of subscription to anykind server news! Theirs forums did have, when you created an account it didn't!..

It is big companies that utilise ways to make additional profit which they feel worse without than with, it's not half-enthusiastic projects to which even twinstar can be classified. Companies that make money solding information one to another, as the volume allows it to be soldable and a buyer's kind allows it to be effectively utilised!

The Nostalrius project managed to get a 2 million points because it is Blizzard France -- not because it is a private World of Warcraft server. Even a reason of closure touched a fact the Nostalrius had very great quantity of banner advertising that is not typical for an enthusiast project, au contrair it is to a commercial announcement!
Brighter, Smarter, Broader, Deeper, Unconditioned, Unconstrained...
RUSSIA always >> ALL the rest
[ you the next ^ ]
wrw01200
Private
Private

by Thefilth » Thu May 26, 2016 6:18 am

wrw01200 wrote:Companies that make money solding information one to another, as the volume allows it to be soldable and a buyer's kind allows it to be effectively utilised!

The Nostalrius project managed to get a 2 million points because it is Blizzard France -- not because it is a private World of Warcraft server. Even a reason of closure touched a fact the Nostalrius had very great quantity of banner advertising that is not typical for an enthusiast project, au contrair it is to a commercial announcement!

Huh? :shock:
Thefilth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Malga » Thu May 26, 2016 9:46 am

Is it something linked to the Illuminati / Grays / Reptilians ?
Malga Warlock 60 (active) on Light's Hope
Yeani Mage 60 (pseudo-retired)
Malga Warrior 60 (pseudo-retired)
Malga
Sergeant
Sergeant

by TheNIF » Thu May 26, 2016 10:35 am

Cfred wrote:You guys are beginning to sound more and more like blizzard.

Could you take some time to explain why someone warning you against scammers is somehow "sounding more and more like blizzard"?

Actually, If being warned against scammers and being reminded to take your precautions is "sounding like blizzard" then "sounding like blizzard" is actually a good thing.

What is the alternative, to advocate brainlessly giving away private information?
TheNIF
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Announcements