Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Meeting report from our post-mortem presentation

by Imbaslap » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:50 pm

it was sarcasm....
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Peacebringer » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:57 pm

Thank you for everything :)
Personally I think that we will have official vanilla realms, when I can't tell but I am pretty sure that we will play on them :)
Last edited by Peacebringer on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peacebringer
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Khayos » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:58 pm

mandelia wrote:Cool. still going to release the source code, as was said?

I would not expect to see the source code for nost, unless we heard a no from blizzard, and even then, you shouldn't expect to see it. Not releasing it was the best thing they could have done in gaining favor and an audience with blizzard. The mission isn't over, we don't have servers yet, and until we do, relations need to stay solid.
Khayos
Private
Private

by Keftenk » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:02 pm

Peacebringer wrote:Thank you for everything :)
Personally I think that we will have official vanilla realms, when I can't tell but I am pretty sure that we will play on them :)

Now the race begins. Will Corecraft release first or Blizzard Legacy servers?

OH THE SUSPENSE!!
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Imbaslap » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:03 pm

Keftenk wrote:
Peacebringer wrote:Thank you for everything :)

Now the race begins. Will Corecraft release first or Blizzard Legacy servers?

OH THE SUSPENSE!!

that's actually a good one.

who knows... who knows...
Soon tm
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by beercow » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:14 pm

The Nost/Blizz meeting is definitely a great accomplishment, and I personally have faith that it'll pay off in the end.

But regardless of what happens going forward, /salute to the Nost team for their hard work and dedication!
beercow
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Theoloras » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:25 pm

I wonder if Blizzard would ever invite Athairne from Peenix to come to their headquarters for a meeting?

OH SNAP!!!

Seriously though, congrats to the folks at Nost for a tremendous accomplishment.

Regardless of how it plays out in the end, you guys showed Blizzard and the player base as a whole that you not only talk the talk but also walk the walk.

So +1 from me :)
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Krau » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:29 pm

Awesome work you guys! Thank you for all your hard work. One day you will work for Blizzard!!!!
Krau
Tester

by PeaceHammer » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:35 pm

Awesome! I have a massive amount of respect for Nostalrius and all that you guys have done. I believe we will get official legacy servers, and we'll have the Nost team to thank for that.
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Norjak » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:37 pm

Robotron wrote:My logic is that Blizzard will have to make sure legacy servers are 100% confirmed internally before they make a peep externally, and they will want to make the announcement as bombastic as possible in order to generate maximum hype. Blizzcon is where almost all of their big announcements take place, so it'd make zero sense for them to say anything about legacy servers before then. Especially because, as you said, they have Overwatch/WCM/Legion on the docket right now. The time between Legion's release and Blizzcon is such that the whole "oooh, new shiny" buzz around Legion will have worn off, giving them an opportunity to announce something.

It seems that Blizzard has such long dev cycles these days. Even if they say anything officially at Blizzcon, I wouldn't expect to see anything until 3Q 2017 at the earliest.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements