Meeting report from our post-mortem presentation

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Meeting report from our post-mortem presentation

by Killershama » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:59 am

Way to go Nostalrius team! Thank you for everything you have done for us!
Killershama
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Vikterion » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:05 am

Thank you very much for your work in preparing this.
Vikterion
Private
Private

by Drain » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:33 am

Until the people actually in charge say YES, I still don't feel like we're getting anywhere. I also find it hard to believe they didn't know how many people want older versions when it's been begged out of them for years, especially since Cata, and Nost ran for over a year with a massive population. Unless you're totally blind to all the private servers, most of which run BC or Wrath; it should be incredibly obvious that people want older versions of the game. Retail eats a dick, and I wish we didn't have to wait for it to completely crash and burn before they host any other version of the game.

I also like how J Allan, one of the biggest oppositions for Classic over the years, is now pulling a 180 for his reputation. Now and only now is he suddenly claiming to be on our side.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by gottie4u » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:00 am

Welp, time to go waste my life away with Project 1999 EQ since I never got to play EQ when I was younger; gonna play OSRS while I get it downloading. You guys won't be seeing Vanilla servers till 2017 fellas, but there is money to be made and Blizzard will probably finally pull their heads out of their asses.
gottie4u
Private
Private

by Crono » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:08 am

Drain wrote:Until the people actually in charge say YES, I still don't feel like we're getting anywhere. I also find it hard to believe they didn't know how many people want older versions when it's been begged out of them for years, especially since Cata, and Nost ran for over a year with a massive population. Unless you're totally blind to all the private servers, most of which run BC or Wrath; it should be incredibly obvious that people want older versions of the game. Retail eats a dick, and I wish we didn't have to wait for it to completely crash and burn before they host any other version of the game.

I also like how J Allan, one of the biggest oppositions for Classic over the years, is now pulling a 180 for his reputation. Now and only now is he suddenly claiming to be on our side.

It is possible the lead devs were just living in a bubble and had no idea how big the interest for older expansions truly was. Reading reddit, looking at a few private servers, shows only a few thousand players. Nost did something unique by uniting the community behind something. This gave us a voice, a group of devs passionate as we are, and a professional means of communicating with Blizzard.
Crono
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by melak » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:20 am

Drain wrote:Until the people actually in charge say YES, I still don't feel like we're getting anywhere. I also find it hard to believe they didn't know how many people want older versions when it's been begged out of them for years, especially since Cata, and Nost ran for over a year with a massive population. Unless you're totally blind to all the private servers, most of which run BC or Wrath; it should be incredibly obvious that people want older versions of the game. Retail eats a dick, and I wish we didn't have to wait for it to completely crash and burn before they host any other version of the game.

You summed up my thoughts pretty good. Also thanks Nost team for this :)! You guys are awsome! Lets hope for the best!
A mage is never late
melak
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Istaria » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:22 am

Zulatomten wrote:Jokes on you. Overwatch is acually fucking great.

I hear it is indeed. Most of my friends play it. I like the fact that it's supposedly a good game - a test of conviction if you will for the people (like me) who decided to boycott all Blizzard products. No amount of peer pressure would let me forget and forgive what Blizzard took from us because Nostalrius was doing better (especially community, buzz and hypewise) than their current incarnation of WoW was.
Shanyatral / Istaria, Guild Master of <Theorycraft>
(and yes, these days I do stuff for Light's Hope - but never for Nostalrius / Elysium) .
Istaria
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Slo » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:35 am

Good work guys, im proud of you!!!!!

You really did your best, we owe you a lot of respect.
Slo
Private
Private

by whatsthis » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:38 am

Thanks for the update Nostalrius team, looking forward further information!

Are you going to give the statistics and outcomes of the legacy server survey?

Thanks again,

Whatsthis
Whatsthis
whatsthis
Tester

by Arthalon » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:41 am

Thanks for the update !

Is good news that, for once, they were clear with everybody and just didn't give a "NO" for an answer. People want Vanilla but they are busy with Legion. Once they finish it and see that people don't eat their low quality bait (I'm playing the Beta and don't expect a BC 2.0 because is not even going to be a BC 0.5) they will adopt the idea of the Legacy servers and probably put an end to the WoW story and new expansions and start making different projects.

Thanks for everything. But don't let this die! Let's keep making noise! If we stop now, the meeting will be useless!
Arthalon
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements