by Magus » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:59 pm

Coool!1
Magus
Private
Private

Re: Meeting report from our post-mortem presentation

by Noino » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:13 pm

Nice to see things went well.
However, trying hard to be a realist, i doubt blizzard will release a pure vanilla build ever again, if they did, people would be petitioning for <insert name here> expansion server, and they dont want their community fractured like that, not to mention maintaining multiple character copy's over several expansion servers like was Nostalrius' plan would be a huge hassle.
What i see as more probable is that they apply the current (Legion) system of zone scaling and use something similar to make 60 content relevant at 110 or whatever, and then make the claim that "we've brought vanilla back", though the content was only a small part of vanilla charm. All that old content exists in the current binarys, so no need to recreate old models n' stuff if they emulate vanilla in retail.
Noino
Tester

by TomDeBaere » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:21 pm

Why actually isn't this huge news posted on the main page of the website? The last item was the "2016/05/01 SITUATION UPDATE - MEETING WITH BLIZZARD"...
TomDeBaere
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dq- » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:03 pm

When will we get to restart the best journey ever?
Dq-
Tester

by ifch0o1 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:52 am

Good job :)
ifch0o1
Tester

by cybaster » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:09 am

Wait a minute... Kaplan wasn't present for the Nost meeting? That strikes me as both significant and ominous.
cybaster
Private
Private

by caoyang186 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:16 pm

Now looking at this post, what Blizzard did was more like a PR show, as opposed to sincere willingness to open up legacy servers...
Maybe it is time to really see that Blizzard had no intention to open up legacy servers, at least on the short run when the legion is still working well for them.
For the Blizzard, they could always make the argument that they are busy working on some games, either legion or a new expansion, because that is what they do; they constantly make new games and deliver new contents in a MMO. It is not never a good excuse to say that they are too busy to work on legacy server; and it is even a worse excuse to say that they are too busy to declare publicly that they thought it through, and have the intention to make one.
If they honestly think they should make one, they can at least say that they want to make one without a precise date; but what we see is that they do not want to make the slightest promise to the legacy server community. This seems to me that they are really just stalling...
caoyang186
Tester

by Norjak » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:49 pm

cybaster wrote:Wait a minute... Kaplan wasn't present for the Nost meeting? That strikes me as both significant and ominous.

Kaplan hasn't been part of WoW since LK released (about the same time the game went into a downward spiral, imo) He was working on Titan, and then Overwatch.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by bifrost » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:52 pm

Speaking of vanilla servers. Check out Bifrost Classic http://www.bifrostgaming.com/daocbifrost/ for all them dol/daoc players. :arrow:
bifrost
Tester

Previous

Return to Announcements