Meeting report from our post-mortem presentation

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Meeting report from our post-mortem presentation

by Raidian » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:39 pm

Why doesn't Blizzard just license Nostralius under the Blizzard EULA with a handshake and some guidelines? Or just buy it out and let you run it? There are many ways this server could still run without interfering with Blizzard's IP rights.
Raidian
Tester

by St0rfan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:49 pm

metagame wrote:
St0rfan wrote:I want no fancy bells and whistles at all. I want it to be identic to Nostalrius. Possible exception would be searchable characters on armory but thats it.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Fucking this.

Honestly though, not even armory is needed. We did have CTprofiles and allhakazam before and we managed.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Fagatron » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:26 pm

Im proud of you Nost Staff !
Now its just a matter of time (hopefully)
Fagatron
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilingbob » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:28 pm

Congrats to the Nost team on a great presentation and meeting, you guys knocked it out of the park. Even if nothing ever comes from any of this, you represented and were professional and respectful - what an amazing accomplishment. I think your entire attitude and positive demeanor toward Blizzard really impressed them and set the stage for success in a way even they may not have thought possible. The only negative is that I'm going to have to pay-per-view Blizzcon now!

:|

Congrats again and keep up the great work.
smilingbob
Tester

by Arthalon » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:33 pm

melak wrote:
Arthalon wrote:Thanks for the update !

Is good news that, for once, they were clear with everybody and just didn't give a "NO" for an answer. People want Vanilla but they are busy with Legion. Once they finish it and see that people don't eat their low quality bait (I'm playing the Beta and don't expect a BC 2.0 because is not even going to be a BC 0.5) they will adopt the idea of the Legacy servers and probably put an end to the WoW story and new expansions and start making different projects.

Thanks for everything. But don't let this die! Let's keep making noise! If we stop now, the meeting will be useless!

I pray to baby Jesus that they dont change ANYTHING in the game, polish the code so it runs on modern hardware with modern res, and dont do anything else (besides your precious battle.net integration). :D

I think you misunderstood the last part of my comment. I am not asking for new content of Vanilla WoW in legacy servers. I am talking of finishing Legion, adding legacy servers and just forget about WoW, put it in maintenance mode and start developing whatever Blizzard wants. Warcraft IV maybe?

I don't want changes. I want Vanilla as it was. I want BC as it was (if they give a chance to a server like that) and I don't want any additional things, even good or bad like Druids not tanking well in Vanilla or useless retribution PVE Paladins fixed. Want my beloved Vanilla with good and bad things.
Arthalon
Tester

by Landrix » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:51 pm

Thank you for the dedicated work you STILL continue to pour into this movement. Thank you!

I remain optimistic, I've noticed that there's still some buzz about the petition "not doing anything"; I think those of that thought probably don't vote for the same reason either =/

I agree with another post I saw, I expect something during BlizzCon, unfortunately several months away. I just don't see them focusing on this until after the dust from Legion's launch settles. Unless, of course they just give you guys permission to do your own thing ;)
Landrix
Tester

by Malga » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:56 pm

St0rfan wrote:
Malga wrote:First, thanks for your effort Nost team !

Now please, take this request to Santa Murloc for me.

I want :
xaxaxaxaxaxa.

Just like the suggestion-threads on this forum when Nostalrius first opened, this would be a slippery slope. Where do you drag the line that defines that changes can be accepted without defiling the "purity" of legacy.

I must say it was very clever to talk about that now and in this thread...
I would suggest only to keep the first line of my post and celebrate this first achievement.

:)
Malga Warlock 60 (active) on Light's Hope
Yeani Mage 60 (pseudo-retired)
Malga Warrior 60 (pseudo-retired)
Malga
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Snouk » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:18 pm

Thank you Nostalrius.

Oh and can we have the survey's results ?
Snouk
Private
Private

by Corked » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:42 pm

@Nostalrius

Was Blizzard positive that they had no back ups that may potentially contain the missing resources for the build process? There are no system-wide backups to explore? No possibility that there's a zip disk in a drawer somewhere?
Corked
Private
Private

by Rikkisix » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:52 pm

Wow, i'm amazed i'm not one to suck up, but credit goes where credit is do. Whatever happens next we thank to you the nost team. You did more for the playerbase then any SANE person could of asked for. Really, went out of the way and did this whole Blizz Meeting really, how many other servers would or could of done this? Pffft On my half and most of us who've been in a lull of good games to play. We thank you. I'd go into mushy feelings but no one wants to read that girly stuff eh?

The problem is now, we have words. We have to keep pushing this, Everyone. Blizzard has finnaly opened up (I don't really think they've wanted vanilla for a while, they really did want to push for legion cata and Mop to be the best. but it wasn't They're trying to cover there rears.) Now as hard as it is, we have to choke on our pride and hate like they're doing and help do our best to show them our best so we can get what we want, There's a damn light at the end of the tunnel that WOTLK Caused, don't piss it away with hateful words, And by all means if some one can understand and respect hate it's me but don't screw this up, you wana hate blizz? sit on your hands till affter we win the battle.

But until i can see blizzard going "EYY BOYZ! Remember how kil'jaden was in vanilla? Well it's pack 1-60 pvp server ogogo" Or somthing, giving us the servers or atleast showing it... I won't give them a dollar, gotta speak with the wallet.
Also known As Rageheart / Pintero Or the guy who's been hittin on tauren woman since 05?
Rikkisix
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements