Meeting report from our post-mortem presentation

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Meeting report from our post-mortem presentation

by InjunJoe » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:22 am

Thank you Nostalrius Team!!!

If Blizzard was smart, then they would release legacy servers when Warcraft the movie comes out on DVD. They could package them together and make a killing.
InjunJoe
Tester

by mijk » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:08 am

mijk wrote:
Spluaks wrote:Thank you so much Nostalrius, Hope to see Legacy servers on Blizzcon

When is this "BlizzCon" and how to follow it?

Anyone?
mijk
Tester

by Bobthebomb » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:20 am

@gumby540
"And why the ass kissing to the guy who said "we think we do but we don't"? He has yet to apologize and fucking insulted us with the very statement of "pristine" realms.
Why get on your knees for these people?"

Why should he apologise? It was his belief that those wanting legacy servers were looking back through rose tinted glasses and that they would quickly tire of playing vanilla once they experienced it again. Time has shown that his beliefs were wrong, but he had every right to express them.

The carrot works much better than the stick when you're fighting from a position of weakness.
Bobthebomb
Tester

by saez » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:40 am

InjunJoe wrote:Thank you Nostalrius Team!!!

If Blizzard was smart, then they would release legacy servers when Warcraft the movie comes out on DVD. They could package them together and make a killing.

What if all this was just a blizzard project?Just saying..
saez
Tester

by drabus » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:54 pm

If Blizzard is going to make official Legacy servers, they will be announced at BlizzCon, where they make the majority of their announcements. BlizzCon 2016 is scheduled for November 4th-5th.

https://blizzcon.com/en-us/

And while that is almost 5 months away, that is about the appropriate amount of time for a business of that size to work out all of the details on how it will work. They can get a jump on the implementation, so hopefully the release would not be TOO far away from the announcement - but if I were betting on a time frame, it would be Quarter 2 of 2017. (April-June 2017)

All of these opinions are for recreational use only...they are just my guess.
drabus
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ayumi » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:11 pm

It's astonishing that Blizzard said that "Vanilla should definitely be playable again, even if it's just for the sake of preservation".

To me, this is a very good sign that we might see some news about this at the next Blizzcon.
I'm pretty positive that we will get Vanilla eventually.
Ayumi
Sergeant
Sergeant

by jonan10 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:27 pm

when you go to open the server? the population on this server was so high because the quality staff and it was free and allowed people without the means to play this good, I recommend that, if Blizzard does not allow you to work voluntarily under his name and maintaining the server, the server that you open in a country where you can be legally.
jonan10
Tester

by Drakool » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:32 am

Thanks Nost team! your professionalism never ceases to impress. You guys would make great game developers. You should consider making your own game after this whole thing blows over. I wouldn't hesitate to play it.
Drakool
Private
Private

by Simonich » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:47 pm

Great respect to you, Nostalrius!!! <3
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by PeaceHammer » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:52 pm

Ayumi wrote:It's astonishing that Blizzard said that "Vanilla should definitely be playable again, even if it's just for the sake of preservation".

To me, this is a very good sign that we might see some news about this at the next Blizzcon.
I'm pretty positive that we will get Vanilla eventually.

Yup! I feel like no matter what, the seed has been planted, and it will eventually sprout up. It's only a matter of time. Won't happen as fast as we want it, but "soon" we will have official legacy servers.
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements