Meeting report from our post-mortem presentation

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Meeting report from our post-mortem presentation

by Sallerius » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:17 am

Ahahahaha yeeessss!!! Ty guys, keep up good work!!!
Sallerius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Malga » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:29 am

First, thanks for your effort Nost team !

Now please, take this request to Santa Murloc for me.

I want :
- the possibility (with a checkbox in graphic parameters) to switch between the original and a graphic enhanced version of WoW vanilla, (i know, it brings nothing... but I like the idea to play old school with 2016 WoW graphics.)
- bnet integration, (because it's cool to be connected to the community even better)
- guild bank, (because it's USEFULL)
- achievements !
- a neverending bug fixing policy. (mandatory) No modification ! only bug fixing.
- 2/3 years seasons before server refresh.
- during a season, the content shall be added progressively just as it was in the good old days ! (mandatory)
- the means to transfer a character from Vanilla to BC, BC to WotLK, etc... (once reached max level of the current version)
- No addional content, the world must be the same as the original (out of the upper features)

With this, the difficulty level will be untouched and the community feeling will continue to shine like it was shining in Nostalrius server.
Malga Warlock 60 (active) on Light's Hope
Yeani Mage 60 (pseudo-retired)
Malga Warrior 60 (pseudo-retired)
Malga
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Danton » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:54 am

You did an amazing work here guys. Sincerely, a huge thanks for all you did. I'm just stunned. We were a private server who got shutdown, and now, Blizzard is ok to give legacy server a chance. Even if it's, of course, tons of work.

Again, from a old vanilla player, thanks. Both you and Blizzard.
Danton
Tester

by Danton » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:01 pm

Viper wrote:After this meeting, we can affirm that these guys WANT to have legacy WoW servers, that is for sure.

:D :D

Btw, i don't understand why you guys act like that. You should be glad of what nostalrius team and blizzard did. I think you don't realize what happend here. The staff of a big company taking 5 hours of their time to listen and talk about an illegal server and what a part of their customers wants is something really impressiv, something you don't see everyday. So, don't act like whining babies, be thankful.
Danton
Tester

by Forcerius » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:06 pm

Hopefully someone will just make a good MMO soon so we don't have to keep our hopes up with indefinite "maybes" for a game that's 12 years old, despite it still being "good".
Forcerius
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by mijk » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:10 pm

Forcerius wrote:Hopefully someone will just make a good MMO soon so we don't have to keep our hopes up with indefinite "maybes" for a game that's 12 years old, despite it still being "good".

Nothing is going to beat (vanilla) WoW soon i guess.
mijk
Tester

by St0rfan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:30 pm

Malga wrote:First, thanks for your effort Nost team !

Now please, take this request to Santa Murloc for me.

I want :
- the possibility (with a checkbox in graphic parameters) to switch between the original and a graphic enhanced version of WoW vanilla, (i know, it brings nothing... but I like the idea to play old school with 2016 WoW graphics.)
- bnet integration, (because it's cool to be connected to the community even better)
- guild bank, (because it's USEFULL)
- achievements !
- a neverending bug fixing policy. (mandatory) No modification ! only bug fixing.
- 2/3 years seasons before server refresh.
- during a season, the content shall be added progressively just as it was in the good old days ! (mandatory)
- the means to transfer a character from Vanilla to BC, BC to WotLK, etc... (once reached max level of the current version)
- No addional content, the world must be the same as the original (out of the upper features)

With this, the difficulty level will be untouched and the community feeling will continue to shine like it was shining in Nostalrius server.

Just like the suggestion-threads on this forum when Nostalrius first opened, this would be a slippery slope. Where do you drag the line that defines that changes can be accepted without defiling the "purity" of legacy.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by SanderP » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:01 pm

Egobrain wrote:Great report, although after this it seems more likely that the legacy servers will remain private.

This - your - statement makes no sense at all
Flavie, 60 Hunter
Illusion, 60 Rogue
Star, 43 Paladin
<The Council>
SanderP
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by metagame » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:12 pm

St0rfan wrote:I want no fancy bells and whistles at all. I want it to be identic to Nostalrius. Possible exception would be searchable characters on armory but thats it.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Fucking this.
Blockchain - night elf warrior
Meta - gnome warlock
metagame
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements