Meeting report from our post-mortem presentation

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Meeting report from our post-mortem presentation

by Terminius » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:15 am

I think that the major problem is that the official legacy server is going to outnumber the retail players,blizzard knows this and then the question is "What now?"
Terminius
Tester

by phantomtr1 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:16 am

Hey! Not sure if you guys are still around here, but I live in Irvine. PM me if you need anything from a local, although I am sure blizz team got you.
phantomtr1
Tester

by Rebelina » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:17 am

"There may be hope...."

is a thread called in my guilds forum filled with all the updates we can get on that matter. Although I think it will take at least 6 months if Blizzard decides to do it, it was all worth it when it happens.

Thanks for all you did for the community guys and I hope we can see you either as Devs/GMs on the legacy realms or as players. :)
<Limited Edition> Nostalrius PVE
Arela - Priest
Grayve - Warrior
Laniakea - Shaman
Rebelina
Grunt
Grunt

by St0rfan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:45 am

Awsome news! Thank you guys for pushing blizzard in the right direction!
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by zamug » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:46 am

Summary:

Good meeting, points made to Blizzard, and hopefully the start rather than the end of something meaningful..

+ Meeting didn't turn out to be a Red Wedding scenario.
+ Brack didn't go into denial (fingers smacked with the bosses ruler perhaps?).
+ Admission it is possible.
+ Not closing the door, just yet.

- No firm yes/no.
- No date for a yes/no.
- No meaningful progress for the hundreds of thousands of fans who want this to happen.
New to Nostalrius? Need some tips? Read this guide..
zamug
Sergeant
Sergeant

by melak » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:06 am

Istaria wrote:
Zulatomten wrote:Jokes on you. Overwatch is acually fucking great.

I hear it is indeed. Most of my friends play it. I like the fact that it's supposedly a good game - a test of conviction if you will for the people (like me) who decided to boycott all Blizzard products. No amount of peer pressure would let me forget and forgive what Blizzard took from us because Nostalrius was doing better (especially community, buzz and hypewise) than their current incarnation of WoW was.

Honestly i dont see the fuzz over it, its far from something new or groundbreaking, nor does it have a lot of content. Its mediocre at best and i dont know anyone who plays it :roll: My guess is that its just because its a "blizzard" game, look at how they messed up with D3, and people still played it.
A mage is never late
melak
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by melak » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:08 am

Arthalon wrote:Thanks for the update !

Is good news that, for once, they were clear with everybody and just didn't give a "NO" for an answer. People want Vanilla but they are busy with Legion. Once they finish it and see that people don't eat their low quality bait (I'm playing the Beta and don't expect a BC 2.0 because is not even going to be a BC 0.5) they will adopt the idea of the Legacy servers and probably put an end to the WoW story and new expansions and start making different projects.

Thanks for everything. But don't let this die! Let's keep making noise! If we stop now, the meeting will be useless!

I pray to baby Jesus that they dont change ANYTHING in the game, polish the code so it runs on modern hardware with modern res, and dont do anything else (besides your precious battle.net integration). :D
A mage is never late
melak
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by St0rfan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:54 am

melak wrote:
Arthalon wrote:Thanks for the update !

Is good news that, for once, they were clear with everybody and just didn't give a "NO" for an answer. People want Vanilla but they are busy with Legion. Once they finish it and see that people don't eat their low quality bait (I'm playing the Beta and don't expect a BC 2.0 because is not even going to be a BC 0.5) they will adopt the idea of the Legacy servers and probably put an end to the WoW story and new expansions and start making different projects.

Thanks for everything. But don't let this die! Let's keep making noise! If we stop now, the meeting will be useless!

I pray to baby Jesus that they dont change ANYTHING in the game, polish the code so it runs on modern hardware with modern res, and dont do anything else (besides your precious battle.net integration). :D

I want no fancy bells and whistles at all. I want it to be identic to Nostalrius. Possible exception would be searchable characters on armory but thats it.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Shale9900 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:59 am

I've been a quiet lurker watching this all from the outside, fully supporting and hoping that the Nostalrius community gets what they want.

That being said, this communities reaction concerning this post has pretty much destroyed any support I had.

The people this community respects the most do a post-mortem post from a visit at Blizz HQ saying they sat in the room with Mike Morhaime, Brack, Chilton, Hazzikostas, etc... the top heads for WoW in it's current form and Blizz CEO, that in itself is huge. Then these people give them 5 hours in what was supposed to be a 2 hour meeting and all this without an NDA. Viper posts that they were engaged with the Nostralrius presentation.

The people this community admires and respects is telling the community that these people who currently run WoW love WoW, played in Vanilla, and could even quote patch specifics from that era.

Viper posts
we were anxious that it would be a simple PR / damage mitigation move. It is now clear to us that this wasn’t the case.

The people this community is supposed to admire and respect explains to their community the technical reasons on why a Vanilla server cannot exist.

Viper, a respectable leader in this community, tells everyone straight up that Blizz wants Legacy servers.

This communities reaction?

Instead of talking about the amazing progress that occurred and talking about how Blizz wants Legacy servers or how they love WoW or how this all is looking very very good... the majority have posts have ranged from "meh, this was all just PR" to "Don't expect sh*t from them" with, for some reason unknown to me, has some "Overwatch sucks", "Legion will fail" and "Let's curse at the Brack" sprinkled in.

This was a huge success for Nostalrius and i'm happy they had a meaningful engagement with Blizzard. No, it doesn't affect me if you all get legacy servers from my perspective because I don't have the time to play Vanilla like I did back in the day nor do I want to, I am that now filthy casual that Blizz caters to; but I saw no harm in people playing on a legacy server while I played normally. Whatever can add and grow to our community in a positive way the better.

Now I can honestly say that if the majority of these posts is what this community is then I don't want their toxic negativity to come into my community. This is an embarrassment... I came in to see cheers of positively on what is obvious progress. To see posts talking about how Nostalrius is saying that Blizz wants legacy, straight from them. Instead it's a lot of nastiness. Good luck and I hope the community improves.
Shale9900
Tester

by Oephiliae » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:13 am

First, a big thank you for everything. I'm sure you all must be exhausted and in need of a vacation!

Second, I just wanted to ask what, to me anyway, is an obvious question: why can't Blizzard contract with you as a third party vendor and simply use everything you guys already worked long and hard to put in place? Why do they have to do it all over again? How is that cost effective or practical?

Not that I expect a reply, just putting it out there.

But really, thanks again from a fan who is truly amazed and grateful .
Oephiliae
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements