Feedback from the T-shirt campaign & Blizzcon

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Feedback from the T-shirt campaign & Blizzcon

by Amaru » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:14 pm

I posted this on the other threat, and I'll post it here again. FUCK IT.

I don't want Blizzard to release a Vanilla server anymore. Not even one bit.

You think if they do it's because they really give a flying crap about your feels? Hah It'd be cuz of the $.
Nost, on the other hand, really do give a fuck about you, me and our community. And I will always support these guys over the homo fucktards at ActivBlizz

That's why I feel a stronger community sense and I'd be way happier playing under the Nostalrius name. Blizzard has sold out big time to the casual cucks and I don't wanna pay them a single cent anymore. They can go fuck themselves and I hope they never release Vanilla.

Nost4Life bitches

I FUCKING LOVE EVERY STINKING ONE OF YOU. WE ARE ONE STRONG COMMUNITY. ACTIVI$IONBLIZZARD CAN'T BREAK US. I'M HYPED OUT OF MY MIND. WE ARE NOSTALRIUS.
Amaru
Grunt
Grunt

by Elusive » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:14 pm

Yes!!!!!! Can't wait for the announcement :D :D :D :D
Elusive
Tester

by Tholren » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:38 pm

I wonder if they'll announce Nostalrius sweatpants...
Tholren
Private
Private

by Daremx » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:54 pm

Im actually abit ashamed in regard to the other "t-shirt campaign thread". That thread and the constant drama in regard to starting a clean server or not is not representative of the Nost community as I remember it.

When reading through that thread I cant help to think about us (active in that thread) being spoiled, jumping to conclusions and especially taking things for granted - taking Nost for granted. We dont even know IF they will host new servers - if they once again are willing to dedicate their free time for THIS community.

We dont have the right to demand anything - we should be nothing but thankfull regardless of what will be done.

@TheNostTeam.

Most players dont post on these forums. Im sure though that everyone are eagerly awaiting your announcement. IF the announcement states that you will be back in some shape or form the community will be thrilled - regardless of it being an old reinstated server or not.

Because in the end, all that matters is that you RETURN to us!

Thanks for the hard work, patience and dedication.
Daremx
Tester

by Amaru » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:01 pm

Daremx wrote:Im actually abit ashamed in regard to the other "t-shirt campaign thread". That thread and the constant drama in regard to starting a clean server or not is not representative of the Nost community as I remember it.

When reading through that thread I cant help to think about us (active in that thread) being spoiled, jumping to conclusions and especially taking things for granted - taking Nost for granted. We dont even know IF they will host new servers - if they once again are willing to dedicate their free time for THIS community.

We dont have the right to demand anything - we should be nothing but thankfull regardless of what will be done.

@TheNostTeam.

Most players dont post on these forums. Im sure though that everyone are eagerly awaiting your announcement. IF the announcement states that you will be back in some shape or form the community will be thrilled - regardless of it being an old reinstated server or not.

Because in the end, all that matters is that you RETURN to us!

Thanks for the hard work, patience and dedication.

^ This. I'm happy with whatever they do. I couldn't be more thankful for everything they've done for this community.
Amaru
Grunt
Grunt

by illutian » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:07 pm

lawl, people saying to wait till the 12th anniversary.

Blizzard has already shown it can move mountains when it wants to. -- Case in point Blues repeatedly saying, in TBC, we would never fly in Azeroth, because: 1) it wasn't designed for that 2) Would damage the charm/feel of that area

...two expansions later, we got flying in Azeroth.

If Blizzard hasn't released Legacy Servers by now, it's because they don't see a reason to. And probably won't for another couple expansions, when the total active subscription base is below 100k.
illutian
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lifealert » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:15 pm

Nostalrius 2017!

Then Corecraft 2018!
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Cardinalsin » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:29 pm

Greets.

I'm really happy to see Nost back on the scene in some format. Far better this than something from Blizzard. I think the publicity generated from this will be a very positive thing for the PS community. It will benefit everyone.

However, the toxicity that remains in the community has the potential to unravel all this hard work and publicity. In theory, there should be more than enough players around to satisfy everyone. Going onto a 'rival' server whether on their forums, discord, YouTube or reddit fora is counterproductive, particularly to the server you yourself are promoting.

Whatever Nost do, they will do in what they consider to be in the wider interests for the private server community.

For the record, I don't think this will involve a Nost 2 option as I would be certain that legal action will follow suit. I do believe it will involve releasing of the coding/scripting and maybe private dialogue they had with Blizzard. It's also likely to involve a proxy server like Elysium etc.

I had great times on Nost, but I've moved on now and expectations are higher.

Best wishes gentlemen
AKA Outstanding Opinions, threads and posts are my own
Cardinalsin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lothky » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:41 pm

illutian wrote:lawl, people saying to wait till the 12th anniversary.

Blizzard has already shown it can move mountains when it wants to. -- Case in point Blues repeatedly saying, in TBC, we would never fly in Azeroth, because: 1) it wasn't designed for that 2) Would damage the charm/feel of that area

...two expansions later, we got flying in Azeroth.

If Blizzard hasn't released Legacy Servers by now, it's because they don't see a reason to. And probably won't for another couple expansions, when the total active subscription base is below 100k.

You said it. Blizz can move mountains when it wants to. They clearly stated that they wouldn't move the Legacy server mountain in Blizzcon, and told us to wait until after it. Of course waiting for it can be interpreted as waiting from Nov 6th to the end of time, but I believe none of us actually thinks that it will take 3 or 4 years for them to make a new statement.
They decided they wouldn't say a thing about Legacy servers on Blizzcon because they believed it would be better for all of the playerbase to talk about Legion and the future content (as well as the other games), and therefore said, via post in the forums, that they'd say something about Legacy AFTER the Blizzcon. ALso they might be waiting for a better time to announce them (if they want to make them a reality). And the problem here is that maybe this better time comes too late for us (and them).

You may be right. They might come with a new statement and say something like "ok, we've given a lot of thought about it, and we've decided we're not doing it", and therefore all the wait will result in wasted time.
But you may also be wrong, as they might come with a new statement announcing the opening of legacy servers.
Lothky
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements