Nostalrius t-shirt campaign

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Nostalrius t-shirt campaign

by Nelythia » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:12 pm

You get it wrong.

Nostalrius had a PvP server which was close to open AQ20.
They also had a PvE server which had just released DM.

So there are 2 servers, the older one with almost AQ, and the newer PvE one with still MC+Onyxia only.

PvP Server had a peak of 15k
PvE Server had a nice little peak of 3.5k-4k and it was a really good experience on there.

Lets just assume Nostalrius opens again, with both servers they had before.

There is your point (that is right at some point), that you can't compete. The PvP server is progressed too far. New players are (progression wise only) disadvantaged.
The PvE server however still would allow you to catch up and to do MC+Ony+ the probably soon released BWL.

Also, lets say they reopen and a lot of new players start, because they only heard about Nostalrius after the shut down, after the whole media attention.
There is a chance that they'd even open a third, a new, server to balance out the population. Nostalrius too wouldn't want a cap of 18k-20k on the PvP server and a similar high cap on the PvE server.

If thats still not enough for you, then you should just look for a new server/project. Or start on Elysium, they're not that far progressed yet either.
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Lifealert » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:13 pm

Why would you want a fresh start when our characters we put hundreds of hours into are still there?
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by ssishtar » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:13 pm

Absomal wrote:So you're saying that we shouldn't be allowed to compete with you because you want to be able to own and gank all new players that'll come pouring in?

Is that it? We should just bow down to you and allow you to do as you please and decide what happens to us as we try to get into any possible guild that'll have us?

That's exactly the sort of mentality that got us into this mess in the first place on retail.

of course not. I am on Nostalrius from the very beginning, had 4 lvl 60s who all raided till end of BWL and I still want a fresh realm. Continuation of the old realm would be totally pointless after a 6 months pause, everything would be totally fucked up, guilds, economy, everything.
http://www.strawpoll.me/11589399/r
You think you do but you don't, version 2.0.
ssishtar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lamestar » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:14 pm

As much as I like fresh starts, wouldn't it be unplayable with 15 to 20k players ?
Lamestar
Tester

by Holystrike » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:15 pm

lol no.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.
Holystrike
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lazyy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:19 pm

For me it is not about being "better" than anyone, it is just about not willing to spend another 70-80 days playtime just to get to the point where we left off.

For you it is not about spending time to get there, it is just about not being "behind" on other players.

So what is worse? You want to spend your time there anyway.

Assuming that there are tons of new players and they would only start the old realm again, it would be fine anyway because that new wave of players would start guilds and raids and so on.
I bet there are also a lot of players who would start fresh on the old server, even when they release a new one.
Lazyy
Grunt
Grunt

by TankingBear » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:24 pm

Just make a poll..
TankingBear
Sergeant
Sergeant

by hitbity » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:28 pm

Salene wrote:Remember guys: If Nost should really come back, we shouldn't cause too much of a Ruckus again like last time. Else it would end up like last time. And that's not what we want, right?

This!!
hitbity
Tester

by Absomal » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:32 pm

I have no idea why you feel the need to state my join date, I never claimed I played here before for any amount of time.

I understand why you're so aggressive and putting up a big fight over this, but you have to understand that nobody can compete with the current characters you have, there'll be almost nobody doing older raids or content so we'll be stuck on our own without any gear of any kind having to figure out a way to get geared like you guys are.

You're just afraid to be challenged by new players, you don't want competition from anybody, you want to be on top of everybody all the time and that's why you're trying to put us down and at the same time argue that we should just find a way to get up there on your level while you gank us, own us and outgear us.

I hope you understand that the server went down and most likely will be started fresh so everybody can stay on the same level when it opens up again.

There is no "being late to the party", the party will start when it reopens so it makes sense that everybody gets a fair chance when it starts, otherwise you're just going to be quickly recognized as the same people who repeatedly demand "link curve" or "870 + gear pls" on retail. We aren't coming here to endure the same stuff but on an older version of WoW.

We're coming here because we want a sense of unity and social interaction, and I can already see you overgeared players demanding that we be at X level of gear or we're not gonna be able to get in. Forcing us to make an undergeared pug to try and clear an old raid that you guys have already cleared multiple times over, already making the sense of "progression" lost almost immediately.

We want to progress with everybody else because that's what I remember doing in Vanilla when it first came out all those years ago, we're not going to play catch up so you guys can continue being the gods that you are while we have to grovel at your boots and contribute to your already large egos just to get into your groups or guilds.

A lot of players here have already said that it's for the best that we all start fresh and work together to level 60 so the server can have some fresh air and a chance for new alliances to forge and a new society to rise where everybody can join in and not be stuck in Orgrimmar all day hoping that you get accepted to a raid or a guild and find that it'll never happen due to your gear or experience.
Absomal
Grunt
Grunt

by Lobogo » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:43 pm

you guys have to remember this is vanilla and priv server
this is no retail with retail community and mentality

yes there are guys full geared waiting for AQ, but there are new guilds just doing MC, and there will be new guilds forming for a LOOOOOOOOONG time
you can catch up really quick if you are new player, there gona be tons of new players anyway
Lobogo
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements