Recruitment

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Recruitment

by Orcduck » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:40 pm

Evertx wrote:This could be good. But I'm mostly concerned. This will attract so many power hungry individuals who can't wait to abuse their newly gained power.

For individuals who chase GM or admin titles for power, I don't understand.

It's a video game. Nobody outside of the few thousand people who play on Nost cares about your role.
Orcduck
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Maktaz » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:44 pm

Evertx wrote:This could be good. But I'm mostly concerned. This will attract so many power hungry individuals who can't wait to abuse their newly gained power.

I'm sure the Nost devs are capable of filtering out degenerates from the applications (or from the team, should one slip through the application process)
Maktaz
Grunt
Grunt

by Jarty » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:02 am

or it could be just to get people off there back and they actually don't give a flying fuck, i did that on my old forums
Coi - Warrior
Jarty
Grunt
Grunt

by Hydra9268 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:00 pm

I have decided to apply simply because I feel I can offer so much more than just my donation. I want to help Nostalrius become the best vanilla server ever. This involves dealing with issues like cheaters, hackers, botters, gold farmers, account stealers/traders, and so forth. I used to run a forum so I have some idea of what it's like to deal with drama on the receiving end. I also just want to help my fellow players have the best experience they can. That's my motive.
DO NOT WANT PRISTINE REALMS!!!
Hydra9268
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Lachis » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:06 am

Hydra9268 wrote:

I have decided to apply simply because I feel I can offer so much more than just my donation. I want to help Nostalrius become the best vanilla server ever. This involves dealing with issues like cheaters, hackers, botters, gold farmers, account stealers/traders, and so forth. I used to run a forum so I have some idea of what it's like to deal with drama on the receiving end. I also just want to help my fellow players have the best experience they can. That's my motive.

They need more devs. The bugs, bad-aid fixes, mis-implemented loot/content is going to kill the server once more people hit 60 and see how big of a joke it is.
Lachis
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by DeeMarie » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:01 am

Giving up your time to be a GM can be a thankless task, so I'm thanking all the current GMs for all their efforts.

Having said that, the onus is on the Nostalrius staff to make sure GM guidelines are very clear, ie players should not be warned for killing opposite faction NPCs on a pvp server.

You should also ensure that GMs playing in guilds don't answer tickets made by guildmates. It's disconcerting not having a ticket answered for a while, only to have someone 'exploiting' be able to beckon a GM straight away when someone else stumbles onto their turf, and get them banned.

Nos is a fantastic server but it needs to be consistent when dealing with an admittedly insane amount of population.
Nostalrused...
DeeMarie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Tadbouche » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:53 am

I through my hat into the ring. I don't expect to get a response but one of the things that eliminated accusations of corruption for us on Scriptcraft2 was the fact that Gummy chose to post the GM logs weekly. People calmed down a bit after that happened. It got kinda hard for people to throw baseless accusations around when they were handed a magnifying glass to our activities. It is a thankless job and it is more effort than most people realize. I can't imagine having to deal with tickets through the mangos interface on a server with 6000+ people. You have my respect.
Tadbouche
Grunt
Grunt

by Ivina » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:57 am

I wasn't on scriptcraft, but I've heard a lot of good (except vulnerability to DDOS). You were an admin there?
Ivina
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lecat » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:49 pm

Bump.

The software team needs more people to track bugs, make accurate reports for developers, and test bug fixes in every details.
If you are the kind of person that not only enjoy playing vanilla WoW on Nostalrius, but also want to take an active part in the server improvement, apply to the IsVV team!

Let's get this place rid of remaining bug!
Lecat
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Noxm » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:42 am

We need a bug tracker...
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant