Account transfer information

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Account transfer information

by Ever » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:09 pm

You must use the same IP to generate and consume the token.

Well this sucks. I have a program that changes my IP every few minutes. I turned it off, tried again, and still getting the error.

I really want to play but don't want to start over.

Any help?
Ever :: Level 14 Holy Paladin :: Miner/Engineer
http://vagueguild.enjin.com/
Ever
Private
Private

New ISP

by horriblepancake » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:10 pm

When Nost shutdown, I was using Comcast as my ISP but we switched to ATT a couple months back. When i tried my character transfer it said I needed the same IP as the one i had before. Is switching ISP my problem? How can i solve that? Thank you for your time whoever helps.
horriblepancake
Tester

by Pottu » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:11 pm

Generate a new token once you've turned that program off.

horriblepancake wrote:When Nost shutdown, I was using Comcast as my ISP but we switched to ATT a couple months back. When i tried my character transfer it said I needed the same IP as the one i had before. Is switching ISP my problem? How can i solve that? Thank you for your time whoever helps.

See the posts earlier in this thread.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Forzakeny » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:11 pm

Papertank wrote:so when i made nost accts i had all accts on same email. i have tokens for all my accts on nost but seems i cant make accts with same email on elysium. am i going to have to make emails for every acct now to activate the tokens? even though it said if email is different they will be flagged and investigated for acct sharing /trading?

When trying to post this it keeps telling me same stuff was already asked yet i see nothing of the type.

Same issue for me atm, Im keeping geting note that I must have no characters on Elysium acc,but I allrdy have,and email is same as it was on nost, so basiclly im stucked to transfer my character now.. Help if you can somehow
Forzakeny
Grunt
Grunt

by Spansk » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:14 pm

When i was gonna get my nost token i accidentally used a different email which is not linked to my old account... fuck me... what do i do now? it said my characters had been transfered though.
Last edited by Spansk on Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spansk
Private
Private

by mkvd » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:16 pm

Pottu wrote:
Vantucci wrote:I have tried your suggestions, but I am still receiving "You must use the same IP to generate and consume the token." I am using the same IP address. How do I fix this?

Xasthur wrote:None of those worked. But something else did: I disconnected my cable and used my phone's tethering to connect. Could transfer instantly. Might work for others as well.

Try that trick if you can.

Thanks, worked for me. Switched from home Wi-FI to phone Wi-Fi and worked instantly.
Thats pretty weird though because the phone obviously has a dynamic IP and my home internet connection has dedicated IP which hasn't changed for at least 5 years.
mkvd
Tester

by horriblepancake » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:23 pm

Pottu wrote:Generate a new token once you've turned that program off.

horriblepancake wrote:When Nost shutdown, I was using Comcast as my ISP but we switched to ATT a couple months back. When i tried my character transfer it said I needed the same IP as the one i had before. Is switching ISP my problem? How can i solve that? Thank you for your time whoever helps.

See the posts earlier in this thread.

I had tried the phone tethering, it didn't work as well.
horriblepancake
Tester

by Dish » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:26 pm

Thanks for handling this professionally, as you've always done, happy to have my char back <3
Dish - Level 60 Orc Rogue
Dish
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Noxm » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:27 pm

Same, that work perfectly for me and i didnt use the same IP as nost shutdown..
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Blaze » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:32 pm

Thank you for all the help Pottu, bless you in this trying time of answering the same questions over and over again. Your patience is quite impressive.
Blaze
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements