To the WoW Legacy fans, and Nostalrius community

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: To the WoW Legacy fans, and Nostalrius community

by Grave » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:48 pm

Great backstab there Viper and co. Feel free to eff off.
Grave
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Bioness » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:49 pm

*insert angry post here*
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Arx_1 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:07 pm

Screw you, Viper.
Arx_1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Vraul Jawrip » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:15 pm

I'm crazy surprised this topic hasn't been locked and/or deleted by now. At this point, it's a line of people taking a bat to a bunch of horse meat.
Vraul Jawrip
Tester

by Spottedcow » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:23 pm

Thothy wrote:
cascarrabias wrote:Keep dreaming, sued for telling the truth? under which legislation?
There were many other ways to throw those supposed news to us without this BULLSHIT message.
Sorry, I dont swallow it.

Well, the post I made might have a little taste of sarcasm too, but there are a few things you have to remember.

1. Blizz HQ is in US.

2. US laws are *the* most stupid thing in the world, I mean where in the hell you would elsewhere win in court a case where you pure boiling hott coffee on your pants intentionally, and blaim the company for not having "warning, what's in this cup is hot" - sticker on the mug. So yes, it actually *IS* possible in the land of hope, and stupid asshole laws to get sued for saying something.

Yeah, people bring that up as an example of a frivolous lawsuit. Except it wasn't. The coffee was far hotter than coffee served by other establishments or brewed at home. She needed skin grafts to repair the third degree burns to 6% of her body. She originally tried to get McDonald's to cover the $20,000 cost of her 8-day hospitalization, and they refused. That's when she took it to court. The jury decided that McDonalds had plenty of evidence that the temperature at which they were serving their coffee was unsafe (~190F). Nor did she intentionally dump the hot coffee onto her lap. If you think anyone WANTS 3rd degree burns, you're a bigger idiot than your spelling lets on.

The More You Know!
Spottedcow
Grunt
Grunt

by Beepy » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:28 pm

Well moral guidance is the worst part.

We accepted the Nostalrius ToS when we started playing on it not necessarily their vision of official legacy servers. Yes we would like that option as well but above all else we want to be able to play Vanilla. Whether that's on official servers or on private ones makes no difference for 99.9% of the player base.

We do not need another "you think you do but you dont" tutor telling us what we can and what we cant do or what we should prefer.

That's why this thread gets so much negativity.

Also labeling Elysium as pirates while acting as a crusader with a vision taking over "Jerusalem" is at least hypocritical. Yes Elysium is a private server which a priori makes it a pirate server. But so was Nostalrius regardless of how you try to shift it around.

I dont know how to handle this announcement. I was pretty angry earlier and posted 2 times already not so polite messages. Even now though with a cooler head i cant stop noticing and thinking of one thing. No matter how you see it or what hidden messages the Nost guys are trying to pass to us their choice of words in this announcement was pretty terrible and the community has every right to be angry and mad.

Thanks you for everything you have done in the past but we dont want someone telling what we want to do. You gave away the database. Your part is now over.
Last edited by Beepy on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beepy
Private
Private

by fancerton » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:33 pm

go fuck yourself viper
fancerton
Tester

by kaba » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:40 pm

Dish wrote:I don't see how withdrawing your data from Elysium would help you in anyway in reaching your goal of official legacy servers. Care to explain more about the reasoning behind this?

This.

Viper's post makes literally no sense. "From fan server to pirate server", says who, some arbitrary Blizzard fanboy on the official forums? Really don't understand what they're trying to do other than piss on their on grave to rid themselves of any liability associated with Elysium's continued work for the vanilla community.
Kaba, 60, Troll Mage
Tohi, 60, Dwarf Rogue
Kaba, 60, Troll Hunter (PvE)
Itai, 60, Gnome Warlock (PvE)
Pa, 60, Dwarf Warrior (PvE)
kaba
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by clevog » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:45 pm

maybe now the retarded political correctness regarding the chinks can finally end :)
clevog
Private
Private

by Ravéster » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:47 pm

It is like when Arthas leave to go in a crusade against the scourge. He was a hero that was celebreted by his people. Arthas fought and prevail. So the grat hero comes back to his land, his people rejoice the comeback from the great hero, but something was diferent. He suddenly was not the same person than before. He assassinated his own beloveds, and now he is a traitor alied with the thing that he fighted against in the past. He betrayed us,and so Nostaulrius and Viper ='/
Ravéster
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements