To the WoW Legacy fans, and Nostalrius community

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: To the WoW Legacy fans, and Nostalrius community

by halbtroll » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:53 pm

This must be a joke... You are talking of reunite the community but the only thing you do is to split the community in the hope of blizzard bringing us legacy realms... they will fucking never do! After all you learned nothing...
halbtroll
Private
Private

by shitdevelopers » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:54 pm

Could've just wrote "Elysium team is garbage, please stop" or something, but instead you wrote this heap of shit.
shitdevelopers
Tester

by Asun4 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:54 pm

memes
Asun4
Grunt
Grunt

by Talespinner » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:56 pm

I disagree that handicapping the Elysium server, advertising the hell out of it towards any voice no matter their popularity, or even trying to convince retail WoW fans will not cause Blizzard to make legacy servers immediately.

Sure, having an even greater amount of demand through these multiple sources could speed up the process, but I do not think it would be anything major.

I strongly believe that Blizzard has done some thinking about legacy servers. To quote IGN's interview with Ion Hazzikostas:

"'If we could just flip a switch and make it happen we already would have done that. The project is basically akin to launching a new game. The same way people say you should make Warcraft 4, it's a big discussion. It's something that requires a lot of deliberation,' he said. 'Basically, it's complicated and we're still discussing internally, but it's something we're taking seriously.'"

I know many people believe this is a lie intended to bait the private server audience into waiting for something that could never truly come, but I believe it. Blizzard knows the passionate demand and profitability of creating legacy servers. Many people ask why they haven't been releasing it, and I think the answer is that they wish to release it perfectly. A release that will take years to convince the investors, the higher-ups, hire staff, Q&A, and more.

Handicapping vanilla servers doesn't seem to be a well-thought-out choice. Sure, you could always advertise to Blizzard more, but I believe that meeting with the head honchos themselves has done as much as anybody could do. I believe that maintaining what support you've given Elysium would be positive, in fact, as it provides an opportunity for those curious or longing to vanilla to develop a firm opinion without having to purely base them off of 10-year-old memories. Keeping the code around will provide a more authentic experience without bugs soiling it, and keeping characters will maintain Elysium's massive community.

I completely understand others sacrificing their characters on the Elysium Project to fully commit themselves to Blizzard's official legacy servers. I, too, would have waited. But I do not know whether or not I could afford the time to play Vanilla years later, years that I believe no amount of bonding, campaigning, or converting could change.
Talespinner
Tester

by smilkovpetko » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:56 pm

You gotta be Joking me. .. .. .

The only way to pressure Blizzard is to make Legacy Servers being experienced and played by Players until Blizzard Officially announce Legacy Server...

Not like this by screwing up over 1 Million Fans.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Crossbreed » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:57 pm

Their reasoning does not add up at all. And I'm pretty good at maths. ;)

Does anybody really believe that doing nothing, after having been left for dead for several months now, will change anything at all? And be more helpful than having legacy realms with 40k+ concurrent players? Like.. really?

Feels a lot like there's something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. Legal threats their facing. Personal arguments with the Elysium team (the whole Mangos / CMangos disaster has shown a lot there are divas in such projects as well...).

Anyway. I love the Nost staff for what they have done for the community. Which makes me even more sad to say: I hope their very odd announcement will just go to trashbin over at Elysium.
Crossbreed
Sergeant
Sergeant

by azamous » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:57 pm

How fucking sad and pathetic, first thing we read before Elysium launch was the 'idea' or 'plan' that if we reach mass amounts of population then Blizzard will no longer ignore and one day put it up, that was the 'goal' atleast, wasn't it? Behind the whole plan? Or am I becoming completely delusional from the fucked up decisions that you are making?

Elysium is doing you a fucking favour, a serious, serious fucking favour, to stay relevant in the emulation community, to still have a SHRED of RESPECT in your name, and you pull this fucking stunt? Do you know how unprofessional and retarded this move ACTUALLY is? Not only did you take Nost down over a fucking C&D letter, you're now trying to fuck your players even harder when they actually had somewhere to finally go?

Edit: I'd like to add, no one gives a fuck about "The WoW community" as a whole, there are different sections, are you actually that blind Nostalrius? We are DIFFERENT types of players on these servers, we don't enjoy mixing with the people that have slammed our rose-tinted goggles nonstop on the official game or forums and they don't give a fuck about us either, wake up from this delusional dream you're having. I also fail to understand how you can tell US, the actual COMMUNITY in the server, what we do and how we think, you don't control us. You were the caterpillar, Elysium is the butterfly.
Last edited by azamous on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
azamous
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Raven » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:57 pm

i hope the ely team tells you to eat a dick
Raven
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Cipherrr » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:57 pm

And what about us PvE server folks who just got Elysium/Nost PvE as a PvE option after waiting for so long? We just get screwed? No thank you. PvP folks could move to K2 if this happened but the ~12k community of people keeping PvE at 3500 minimum and 6000 max every day just get HOSED if Elysium shuts down.

Appreciate all you have done. But sorry, No. Im not going back to not having a PvE option because you have regrets. That's asking too much.
Cipherrr
Tester

by SV001 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:57 pm

FFS NOST DON T GIVE UP OUR CHARS
SV001
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements