Dynamic respawn rate activated !

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Dynamic respawn rate activated !

by Zatkam » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:36 pm

Nice to see this change guys! For everyone questioning this decision for not being Blizzlike, the population isn't Blizzlike either, and I don't see any complaints about that.

The alternatives are splitting up over multiple realms or restricting the maximum online players to Blizzlike amounts (4k players in total), which leads to a 2k+ queue at prime times.
Zatkam
Tester

by Devilhunter » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:05 pm

Awesome guyz !
[Serveur PvP] <Awaken>: rejoignez une des meilleures guildes PvE francophone sur Nostalrius (côté horde) !
Canal guilde, Mumble et forum francophone.

Plus d'infos :
- /w Devilhunter
- awaken.eu.com
Devilhunter
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Eaglesgift » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:02 pm

Ah. I appreciate the work to support vanilla feel for a very large server population. But it does now seem more likely that a mob will spawn behind you faster than originally intended. This can make quest completion more difficult for a solo player. It can be harder to clear an area to work.
Eaglesgift
Private
Private

by Pisshead » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:23 am

The latest problem with the dynamic respawn time can be seen in dun modr... You can't kill three mobs before the first mob has respawned again... it was nearly impossible (one of our group mentioed it correctly: Praise the sun!)...
Pisshead
Grunt
Grunt

by osmoZ » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:32 am

Yes on some zone it's nearly impossible to quest.
In STV, in the Kurzen's cave, it's the same.

You kill 2-3 mobs and then the first already repoped on you...
osmoZ
Grunt
Grunt

by picartman » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:42 pm

Doesn't seem to be working for Bhag'thera in STV. Still has a 30 min respawn timer and theres 5,942 people online.
picartman
Sergeant
Sergeant

by killerpiranha » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:20 am

Wow! I'm suprised that I read here about too fast respawn rates. I was leveling in blasted lands and there are quite some ppl around. There is a quest you need to kill vultures for. They are very rare and the spawn time seems to be 5min. Only like 6-8 vultures you can find there and u need like 10 or 12 items form them with a bad dropchance. On every spawn position the ppl are waiting for them...and I was asking myself if this dyn. spawnrate even works, so I came here to complain about it. Didn't expect to see people having the problem other way round. That means the spawn algorithm is not applied to every mob and needs to be improved on some spots where it leads to a too fast spawn. Guys pls fix it!
killerpiranha
Grunt
Grunt

by Etteface » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:08 pm

It works great. I don't have to wait so much for respawns. <3 it.
Etteface
Tester

by Garfunkel » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:29 pm

Seems that mobs out in the wilderness are mostly fine. Mobs in caves spawn too fast throughout the board.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by bobbyhill » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:38 pm

seems like some mobs spawn really fast
bobbyhill
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext